Thread: We Have The Faith

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash

We Have The Faith

It's funny that the idea of sitting at home and watching the game without a whole bunch of fellow supporters round me tomorrow makes me sad. I'm realising now that it is not only about the team it's about the comradeship you get from following such a special team as ours. It's not often you watch the birth and growth of a team, which makes them all the more special, or it certainly feels that way to me.

I was speaking to a guy at the bar yesterday, whom I'd never met before, and for some reason we started talking about The Force and our feelings on how the team is going. It occurred to me then that there was an immediate bond and rapport that I'd never really felt before as a supporter. It probably has a lot to do with sharing all the ups and downs we have been through in the short time our team has been together. But, I also think the sign held up by the lady a few weeks ago says it all about us. We have the faith. We all know in our heart of hearts that it’s only a matter of time The Force shows the rest what they are truly capable of. We know that in the not too distant future we will be the top team in the competition. So, enjoy this time of learning because in years to come we can turn around and say, "We had the faith and look at us now."

Our Pride and Joy,
    The Force

Come on Boys!!!!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Just happy to be here

vCash
    Here Here. Spot on TEF. I have to agree. My sister in-law asked why I would put off going away until saterday so I could watch the Force game. I answered "Because I am a true supporter". They are Reds supporters and they take their team for granted. We don't!!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer
    It's funny that the idea of sitting at home and watching the game without a whole bunch of fellow supporters round me tomorrow makes me sad. I'm realising now that it is not only about the team it's about the comradeship you get from following such a special team as ours. It's not often you watch the birth and growth of a team, which makes them all the more special, or it certainly feels that way to me.

I was speaking to a guy at the bar yesterday, whom I'd never met before, and for some reason we started talking about The Force and our feelings on how the team is going. It occurred to me then that there was an immediate bond and rapport that I'd never really felt before as a supporter. It probably has a lot to do with sharing all the ups and downs we have been through in the short time our team has been together. But, I also think the sign held up by the lady a few weeks ago says it all about us. We have the faith. We all know in our heart of hearts that it’s only a matter of time The Force shows the rest what they are truly capable of. We know that in the not too distant future we will be the top team in the competition. So, enjoy this time of learning because in years to come we can turn around and say, "We had the faith and look at us now."

Our Pride and Joy,
    The Force

Come on Boys!!!!!!

Absolutely TEF - You have hit the nail on the head. It doesnt happen all the time. But, once in a lifetime a Team comes along and captures the imagination of a community. To me the Western Force is that team.

I have said it before and I will say it again.

We support the Western Force
    Thru thick and thin.
    Rain hail or shine,
    For better or worse
    In sickness and in health
    For as long as we all shall live.

SO HELP US JOHN.

We really do need to track down the owner of that Sign. Or our members that are able to go to the Crusaders game need to have similar signs.

Cmon guys - lets show the world what it means to be a supporter of the Western Force.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco