Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bokkes Trophy Cabinet

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash

Bokkes Trophy Cabinet

Got a lovely email from a Saffa friend of mine stating just how dominate South African Rugby has been of late. Got to admit 2 things 1.) I would gloat as well if Australia had all of these in the cabinet. 2.) Bloody hell they are a good team.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Hmmm yeah, but maybe they won't hold it for another 2 years (I hope not anyway)

C'mon the

vCash
    awesome when looking at the silverware thats for sure!!
    they deserve the praise .. BUT.. their problem has always been consistency and will continue to be an issue..

this series so VERY NEARLY went to the 6th game to decide it.. in fact if the AB's had started their charge 10mins earlier the Boks would maybe not be crowing as loud this week..

the fact that theirs is an aging team at the end of a long 5 year cycle (when they last won tri-nations) they will have to blood a heap of new players next year to be even half prepared for the WC in 2011...

vCash
    Zimeric, Whats with all the negativity..?? This is a RUGBY site, we visit cos we love rugby, why not give credit where its due..?? The springboks deserve ALL the trophys after an outstanding run of rugby...Sure, it might change in the next year or two, but in the meantime...Well Done Springboks..... WHO do YOU actually Support by the way..??? Zimbabwe..??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by almac View Post
    WHO do YOU actually Support by the way..???
    I don't see how that matters, Zim is entitled to his opinion just as much as the next man

vCash
    Im not denying him his opinion, im merely asking the question out of curiosity...
    What was the smote for..?? Cos of MY opinion..???

vCash
    Teams have runs like this, I hope for the bok fans it does continue. With the amount of registered players in the Republic the future looks bright.

We had our run in the 60's and 70's, it can't be denied it was the greatest era of Welsh Rugby.

Wallabies had their time during the nineties, the Eales Gregan era was a good one for Wallaby fans, two world cups in the one decade.

The blackness have always dominated the game but have met some good competition over the last few years in the boks.

On a whole world rugby is going well, the ELV"s disrupted what wasn't broken but hopefully it's behind us.

2011 is there for the wallaby taking.

Good on the Boks, they deserve what they have acheived. (all except winning the 7's world cup)

vCash
    sad that you think im being negative.. im being observant and objective...

something few one eyed supporters of the Boks seem to be able to do....
    yes i Support Zimbabwe as i was born there... they are not in the same League as the Wallabies or Boks or AB's so i support my adopted country Australia..
    this is an australian website isnt it?

that being said .. i guess i have to repeat myself here...
    the RESULTS deserve praise...
    But they are not nearly as great a team as they could be, as they faded quickly after those those first 2 games against the AB's..

every other game has ended up being fairly close and couldve gone either way within 2-3 mins.

vCash
    Bloody hell I hope it's not an Australian website.

WA and the Force.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    WA and the Force.
    Last time I checked WA was a part of Australia. Or did the traitors get their way overnight?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by almac View Post
    Im not denying him his opinion, im merely asking the question out of curiosity...
    What was the smote for..?? Cos of MY opinion..???

the smote was because you had a go at MY OPINION and my ALLEGIANCE.. if you were really curious you wouldnt have put your questions into CAPS... they become ACCUSATIONS then

in case you didnt notice SA are the team i Least like, so maybe im being a bit one eyed myself? at least im man enough to admit it ey!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Last time I checked WA was a part of Australia. Or did the traitors get their way overnight?
    Yeah but so is QLD, NSW and ACT and we don't want to discuss them. Ok I get the point, I'll take my Welsh opinions of the Wallabys elsewhere

Die hard force fan, die hard wallaby enemy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    Yeah but so is QLD, NSW and ACT and we don't want to discuss them
    We discuss them, but we usually fling s**t at them. I'll just forget who you support when WRLF pops his head out of the closet occasionally

vCash
    Zimeric, what are you blabbering about me accusing you of anything. I asked a question..???Whether it was in CAPS or not...!!!
    And just for your information, i too was born in zims, left there in 1982 and went to SA, came over here 11yrs ago and am now a Wallaby supporter, BUT (caps.) i supported the boks whilst living there and give them their credit for an outstanding few years..So, DRY your eyes now....!!!!

vCash
    whatever dude
    Its clear youre only choosing to read part of my posts as I have also given the boks the credit for winning when it counts.. and hey at the end of the day we can "if & but" all we like, the boks are on top...

The point i was making and continue to make is that the boks are fading and will fade fast if they dont blood new players, this year is a culmination of several years development but now they are facing an exodus of top players and some of the older boys will be past it by the time the world cup comes in 2 years
    by 2011 they will have 7 players from the current squad over 30yrs. , Four of which are the core of their scrum in Smit, Botha & Roussow and Matfield. Their current average age is 27. You could argue they can still cut it in 2 years but from what ive seen this year only Matfield will make the grade by then...

they will also be losing Jean Devilliers who is going to Europe along with other fringe players like Jacobs, Grant etc.. i forget the other ones.. but yeah you get the idea

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast