Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Brown to play for Cott

vCash
    YOURSELF CALMED

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    GRAB YOUR MATE!

Rookie
    vCash
    The best result for Rugby WA (the one they would be praying for to avoid this debacle turning to mud for them) is that Wanneroo beat Cott.

If Cott win, RWA will be left cowering behind a wafer thin defence. In turn, Wanneroo and the loser of Palmyra / Nedlands would be well advised to consider their legal remedies next week. As the dominoes fall, the media will become involved in a negative way and that can only be bad for Rugby in the West.

Cott plan to use Brown and Swanepoel in all of the finals matches so this matter will not be swept under the mat that easily.

Whilst we all like to see the professional players involved in club games, what has happened with Brown and Swanepoel is a shameful act. Equity and fairness (and the competition rules) have all been tossed out the window and whilst Cott and RWA have conjured up a nice story, the rugby community in Perth is not buying it.

It is highly probably that Brown & Co. will not be made to feel welcome at the game tomorrow from what I hear on the streets.

Shame RWA Shame!

With a bit of luck, Brown will receive a yellow or better still a red card early in the game and equity will be restored in what has been a tremendous club competition this year.

vCash
    What a negative bunch of tripe I'm reading!

Brown playing can only be good for the game of rugby in WA - more bums on seats and hopefully in the future, more Force players will choose to play in the West (like Pocock last month). People complain when the Force players head over East, and then complain when they choose to play here at HOME. If the standard and spectacle of rugby is lifted then ALL clubs will benefit.

The Wanneroo boys should feel privileged to play against a current wallaby - and it will probably lift their performance. I know it's finals game, but Brown's been told to play by the ARU and that's exactly what he'll be doing.

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post
    T

With a bit of luck, Brown will receive a yellow or better still a red card early in the game and equity will be restored in what has been a tremendous club competition this year.
    you're an idiot...

Last edited by palitu; 04-09-09 at 13:54. Reason: spelling was off

vCash
    I don't think Wallabies who have not played for a local team during the season should be allowed to play in the finals... what a load of BS>>>>

Veteran
    vCash
    spelling is all fixed, however i got the important word correct. Please also take note of what i am quoting you on... To tell you the truth i didn't read much of your post...

vCash
    Mr Palitu, your ignorance of spelling is only matched by your ignorance of rugby in WA.

Mr Eel, you're living in Noddyland, not Perth.

Suggest you talk to people closely involved in community rugby before making such misinformed comments.
    Isn't Noddyland Perth?

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Nup:
    Ground Floor
    29 - 57 Christie Street
    St Leonards NSW 2065

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Veteran
    vCash
    didn't they ban noddy as there were two bloke sleeping in the same bed? or was it because of gollywogs?

vCash
    Mr Palitu, your ignorance of spelling is only matched by your ignorance of rugby in WA.

Mr Eel, you're living in Noddyland, not Perth.

Suggest you talk to people closely involved in community rugby before making such misinformed comments.
    a little subjective oracle...just remember that those involved in community rugby (including me albeit at its lowest level) will have differing views on the matter as is clear on this website.. and not everyone agrees with you.

those that are shouting loudest seem to be the ones with a vested interest in the outcome of that particular match and NOT the broader implications of the game in WA... the fact is the general public care little for the machinations of RWA and the ARU and will simply see Brownie's appearance as a Coup for Rugby in WA. it think its bloody fantastic that he is playing a local game, I agree however that its a pity it has to be a prelim.

vCash
    Thanks for agreeing with us that aren't too pleased with the situation Zim... I admit it is good for the game, but there is a place and a time and throwing him in to a knockout semi final unfortunately isn't the place - especially when there is alot of controversy surrounding it.

vCash
    So what are you saying, that Brown should not be able to play club rugby at all? If he plays in Sydney their finals are coming up and he wouldn't eligable for any of those teams. So if he's not eligable for any team in Australia besides the Wallabies he should just have to sit on his ass and lose fitness? Adam Frier is playing second grade in Sydney this week and guaranteed he will play finals for them but he won't be technically eligable. I doubt they will be bitching about it over there because they realise it's for the good of NSW and Australian rugby.

Well that's what my uncle said, but I may have got it wrong because his tractor was running and he has a drawl.

vCash
    Mr Palitu, your ignorance of spelling is only matched by your ignorance of rugby in WA...................

Mr Eel, you're living in Noddyland,
    Welcome Oracle. Some gritty first posts. However we already have an oracle even if he thinks he is a fish out of water. Well actually he is a fish out of water as he lives under a bridge and is very confused. He loves arguing with people about things he knows little of. He's even argued with you despite your short time at TWF.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Shastsaman.… someone has to uncurl you guys every now and then….

Champion
    vCash
    he did not qualify therefore he is not elgible
    it is wrong for them to grant him the right to play when they wont do the same to junior players that get injured during the season or guys trying to balance school and club rugby.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7