Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Perth fans need to turn up: ARU

vCash
    I'm just looking at the seating map for this event and $74 just to sit behind the try lines at either end of the ground?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Just go buy 'em Jargs - you know you want to.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Throw in the $5 ticketmaster booking fee and thats just under $80. I can get a meal and a alot more beers and watch it on the TV at for that amount of money.

$80 for the "cheap seats"? Tell em they're dreamin.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Throw in the $5 ticketmaster booking fee and thats just under $80. I can get a meal and a alot more beers and watch it on the TV at for that amount of money.

$80 for the "cheap seats"? Tell em they're dreamin.....
    I dare say you could get to 'cricket helmet' status more than once for that kind of cash (well, if you dropped the food anyway)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    I dare say you could get to 'cricket helmet' status more than once for that kind of cash (well, if you dropped the food anyway)
    I will just take my Stroke medicine that I am supposed to take and that will thin out my blood thus enabling me to reach "Cricket helmet" status

Hmmmmm I don't think thats what the doctors had in mind when prescribing me said medicine though......

vCash
    I will just take my Stroke medicine that I am supposed to take and that will thin out my blood thus enabling me to reach "Cricket helmet" status

Hmmmmm I don't think thats what the doctors had in mind when prescribing me said medicine though......
    Seems unlikely, unless your Doctor welcomes you to his surgery with the phrase "Hi Everybody"

vCash
    Seems unlikely, unless your Doctor welcomes you to his surgery with the phrase "Hi Everybody"
    "Did you go to Hollywood upstairs medical collage too?"

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I suspect that the statement has been made due to slow sales. But the wording is interesting..."the constant criticism of Subiaco Oval in recent years". The view from the seats has not got worse in recent years, but the constant bagging of the ground has definitely changed perceptions. It'll get us our own ground, but there is also a decent chance we could wind up like Canberra and the only Tests we'll get will be ones that won't draw more than 25,000 people in the East (so, Fiji, Samoa, Italy, maybe Scotland, Canada...).

I'll go when I get reasonable seats (which I generally do), but there has definitely been a few folk this year tell me they can't be bothered. Whether it is the ground or the rugby, it is a bit of a worry. What is really disappointing is that some of these same folk are taking the opportunity to go watch the AFL now that there are seats. Given the quality of that at the moment, what does that say about how rugby is selling itself!!??

It probably would be different if we got a Bledisloe, but that won't happen until there is a 60,000 -70,000 seat oval built. But such a ground is unlikely to be built to cater for rectangular sports and will probably be even wider than Subi, so I wouldn't be holding breath - I am sure the interests in the East would make the case that if we didn't watch at Subi, no way we would at something worse and it would be too big a risk to take with one of the key earning matches of the year.

Interesting few years ahead, especially once League returns at strength....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Interesting few years ahead, especially once League returns at strength....
    The new season structure should have helped with rugby's visibility by then... you'd hope...

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I'm just looking at the seating map for this event and $74 just to sit behind the try lines at either end of the ground?
    The last two Subi tests I've been to (2006 vs Ireland and 2005 vs SA) I am sure were only about $35-40 and we had pretty good seats (comparatively) in what would be the silver/nickel Western Force seats. When did they suddenly go up so much?

South Africa may be the world's number one team IRB ranking wise but they would have to be one of the dullest, particularly if they impose their style of play on the game.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash

It probably would be different if we got a Bledisloe, but that won't happen until there is a 60,000 -70,000 seat oval built. ....

I have been informed by a very reliable source that Bledisloe for Subi in the next few years has been discussed and provisionally agreed upon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    The last two Subi tests I've been to (2006 vs Ireland and 2005 vs SA) I am sure were only about $35-40 and we had pretty good seats (comparatively) in what would be the silver/nickel Western Force seats. When did they suddenly go up so much?

South Africa may be the world's number one team IRB ranking wise but they would have to be one of the dullest, particularly if they impose their style of play on the game.
    $74 is the price for 'Silver" tickets this year, which by Western Force standars are actualy Nickel seats....

While last year I paid about $65 for similar seats

(before the Ticketmaster booking charge as well)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    This year $45(+booking fee) will buy you seats in the very top of the 3 tier stand.

BYO Oxygen.

vCash
    This year $45(+booking fee) will buy you seats in the very top of the 3 tier stand.

BYO Oxygen.
    Last time I sat there I made the unfortunate mistake of bringing my arse with me.

vCash
    Jargs is right. They are dreaming! It's just too much especially when you roll in all the 'ancilliaries': beer, transport, beer, O2 if you have a budget seat in the Alpine Stand, beer... even allowing for the excitement of being there and soaking up the atmosphere JB's looks a fair alternative.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast