Thread: Penrith vs St George

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

Penrith vs St George

Its been a while since I last went to game of Rugby League. But since the new and improved Mrs Exile is a huge Penrith Fan and she made the suggestion, who am I to say no?

Well 20,000 fans packed out Penrith Stadum and a very good mix of both clubs represented by the fans.

The reason for my post I guess is I wanted to share some of the things I observed.

1. Penrith were lost in attact. Directionless in attack, they had no one calling the shots.

2. Penrith did very well in defence.

3. At the end of the game - St George players got together on the halfway line did a slow piroette and thanked their fans by appluading those who made the big trek to the bottom of the blue moutains.

Well - almost everyone. Wendell Sailor took it upon him self to run the 60 metres to where the largest grouping of St George fans were. He then ran along the line hi-5ing everyone he could reach and then ran off the park.

Perhaps we are spoilt, being Western Force fans - each time I have been to a game whether in Perth of here in Sydney. But all of the Force team take their time to wander the boundry fence to talk, autograph and photograph and generally share the experince with the fans.

It doesnt cost anything to say gday to the fans, but you can bet your last dollar that the fans of St George remember W. Sailor that night.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post

It doesnt cost anything to say gday to the fans, but you can bet your last dollar that the fans of St George remember W. Sailor that night.
    Them and the people unfortunate to catch the 5 replays of his dakking on WWOS

vCash
    St George Illawarra Dragons Premiers 2009

I met Dell here in Perth when they were here in Febuary

Watching the game on TV on Friday night the crowd almost looked like it was a Dragons home game

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    St George Illawarra Dragons Premiers 2009

I met Dell here in Perth when they were here in Febuary

Watching the game on TV on Friday night the crowd almost looked like it was a Dragons home game
    That's hard to argue with Jargs. Sounded like it too
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    It did didn't it? Maybe cos I'm not used to seeing 20 000 at Penrith Stadium

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    It did didn't it? Maybe cos I'm not used to seeing 20 000 at Penrith Stadium
    A few of my mates made the trip out west as well as some of my family, and no I'm not used to seeing CUA Stadium full either

vCash
    I'd just like to say two things. (1) Penrith wuz robbed and (2) Penrith wuz robbed.

Anyone who watches the Pre game show tonite, NRL Tactics Tomorrow, NRL on Fox or The Footy Show Late will not have seen the last of Wendell's dakking. Anyone who watches all 4 will get the Quaddie.

Every one knows he loves to get his head on the camera at every chance but FFS.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    WICKED STORY HANSEL

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    (1) Penrith wuz robbed and (2) Penrith wuz robbed.
    The only robbery in Penrith on Friday night was when Dell got dakked

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I'd just like to say two things. (1) Penrith wuz robbed and (2) Penrith wuz robbed.

Anyone who watches the Pre game show tonite, NRL Tactics Tomorrow, NRL on Fox or The Footy Show Late will not have seen the last of Wendell's dakking. Anyone who watches all 4 will get the Quaddie.

Every one knows he loves to get his head on the camera at every chance but FFS.
    He's been a host on the footy show the last few weeks so I will have no doubt it will be shown and shown again.

Great bloke and a good adittion to the footy show.

Last week he was talking about when he first went to St George and the fans were all booing him and calling him a dickhead. He said it's alot better now.

Good old fat came back with "Well at least there only booing you now"