Thread: THREE WA WOMEN NAMED IN WALLAROOS SQUAD

vCash

THREE WA WOMEN NAMED IN WALLAROOS SQUAD

WA women Debbie Hodgkinson, Stadcey Kilmister and Rebecca Clough have been selected in the Paper to Paper Wallaroos squad for a must win 2010 World Cup qualifier Test match against Samoa on August 7...

More...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    How many of you knew Gits' sister (No, I don't mean Drew ) was a high profile player too? Wonder if that's a first?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    How many of you knew Gits' sister (No, I don't mean Drew )
    I thought Drew was his girlfriend

vCash
    Pretty sure a few of the articles about Gits mentioned his sporty family - when he first came to the Force anyway

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Matt Giteau's sister named for Wallaroos

July 23, 2009 - 4:30PM

Wallaby star Matt Giteau's older sister Kristy is poised to make her international rugby debut five years after first joining the Wallaroos squad.

The 27-year-old Canberra outside back has been chosen in the 24-woman squad for the must-win 2010 World Cup qualifier against Samoa in Apia on August 7.

She was first picked in the Wallaroos squad in 2004 but says she withdrew then for personal reasons.

"I am really excited for this opportunity," she said.

"I have watched Matt represent his country for many years and I am in awe of what he experiences every time he goes on the field."

Giteau has previously represented Australia in rugby league and was a member of an Australian schoolgirls basketball team which toured China and the US.

"I play a lot of different sports, for me I like that variety," she said.

"This year was the first time I thought I would knuckle down and commit to just one sport and see how well I can go."

Giteau said brother Matt had shown a keen interest in her progress.

"Matt was more anxious than me to find out if I was in the team," she said.

"I got a call from him before the selection camp, a text message before the selection game, and another one after the match.

"He also called me on the day the squad was named to see whether I'd made the team."

Giteau, who plays for Tuggeranong Vikings in Canberra, is one of seven uncapped players in the squad captained by Cheryl Soon, joining Rebecca Clough and Stacey Kilmister (WA), Cobie Morgan (NSW), Ashley Hewson and Emerena Marsh (ACT) and Natalie Reid (Vic).

It includes seven members of the victorious Australian team who won the inaugural World Cup Sevens crown in Dubai in March - Soon, Nicole Beck, Debby Hodgkinson, Tui Ormsby, Ruan Sims, Tricia Brown and Alex Hargreaves.

Like her Wallaby playmaker brother, Kristy is a gifted athlete.

"I work at the Australian Institute of Sport, so at lunch time I am always playing sports," she said.

"I play basketball once a week in our state league comp in division one, and I also play touch (rugby)."

Wallaroos squad: Iliseva Batibasaga (Qld), Nicole Beck (NSW), Tricia Brown (Qld), Rebecca Clough (WA), Dalena Dennison (NSW), Kristy Giteau (ACT), Alexandra Hargreaves (NSW), Ashley Hewson (ACT), Debby Hodgkinson (WA), Stacey Kilmister (WA), Emerena Marsh (ACT), Danielle Meskell (NSW), Cobie Morgan (NSW), Tui Ormsby (NSW), Kylie Pennell (NSW), Silei Poluleuligaga (Vic), Kate Porter (ASRU), Natalie Reid (Vic), Chris Ross (NSW), Se'ei Sa'u (Qld), Ruan Sims (NSW), Cheryl Soon (capt, NSW), Rebecca Trethowan (NSW), Sharni Williams (ACT)

http://news.rugbyheaven.com.au/break...0723-dung.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    July 23, 2009 - 4:30PM

Giteau has previously represented Australia in rugby league and was a member of an Australian schoolgirls basketball team which toured China and the US.
    Shock, horror!!!

I thought the ARU would have learned their lesson about bringing these bloody Mungos across. Now they're bringing their bloody sisters as well.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David