http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...002381,00.html

Western Force sign World Cup-winning South Africa star Andre Pretorius
June 19, 2009 Western Force have signed World Cup-winning South Africa star Andre Pretorius as their marquee international for the 2010 Super 14 season.

The 30-year-old five-eighth, who played 31 Tests for South Africa and was a member of their 2007 World Cup triumph in France, decided to head to Australia after falling out of the selection mix in the Springboks set-up.

Pretorius compiled 645 points in eight seasons for the Lions and will replace Matt Giteau at No.10.

With Pretorius' signature locked away, the Force are now waiting to hear from teen sensation James O'Connor.

The 18-year-old had previously said he would decide on his future only when the Force secured a replacement for Giteau.

“This was one of the biggest decisions I have had to make in my professional career,” Pretorius said.

“My loyalty has always been with the Lions and the 11 years I spent here has been tremendous and they assisted me in becoming a Springbok.

“That's what made this decision difficult.

“I am excited about the opportunity to play for the Force.

“I believe that their structures and type of coaching can get me to perform at my optimal best.

“I will be surrounded by great players which makes it easy to focus only on what you have to do.
“Having experience is one thing, using it to your advantage is another and that's where I think the coach (John Mitchell) will play a big role.”

Force rugby manager Mitch Hardy said Pretorius would bring vital experience to the Perth-based franchise.

“Andre has a complete range of skills but he also possess a lot of leadership qualities and is highly regarded in South African rugby for the quality of person he is off the field,” Hardy said.

“He's a game breaker with significant international experience and he can control a game, which is exactly what we were looking for in a number ten.”

AAP

---------- Post added at 14:33 ---------- Previous post was at 14:31 ----------

Woohoooo................can we get the JOC drama over and done with already now?!?!?!?!?!