Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Should Matt Henjak Be Dropped ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    I didn't hear anyone actually "booing". I'd probably give 'em a gobfull on the spot if I heard that. The first reference I heard to booing him was from Sage.
    From where I was sitting it was more of an ironic cheer. My immediate reaction was that it was not justified. Credit where credit is due and Henjak has now strung together back-to-back solid games.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    although i dont think booing him is the right way to go about it, he needs to put in more than a "solid" performance if we actually want to win a game. escpecially as he was the wallabies 2nd choice at no9 for a while

vCash
    I have to agree with Shasta - We should not be booing him at the ground but it is a free for all in regards to this forum. Everyone is allowed an opinion. He has had good back to back games now with the Tah's game a better effort. I think that is why he has not been replaced till later in the game than in earlier rounds. I do think though that if his form drops off even a little that O'Young must be tapping on his shoulder for more game time.

But Burgs spot on. The only one who will make that decision is Mitch and all we are talking about is pure speculation in real terms. But it is fun none the less

leave the judgment calls to Mitch who is a tad more qualified than us.

Great call today Mitch

... on the 6th day God played rugby and on the 7th day he rested, because he was sore and a little hungover.

vCash
    One thing that I want to point out is that we should want Henjak to play better. The last thing we need is a perception to players from other teams coming out of contract that if you come over to the Force that your form will go backwards. We want fringe Wallabies to think that coming to the Force will enhance their chance for a test cap. So as much as I think O'Young should do well for us this weekend, I also hope the Matt bounces back to form.

vCash
    Good point Mambo. He hasn't played at test level for nothing. I'm sure Henjak will improve.

Rookie Contributor spankytheking's Avatar
    vCash
    hmmmm well in the papers it sez henjak gave away the intercept. but in the video the ball goes thru a force players arms then into the bulls players hands...wouldnt that mean the intercept was the receiving players fault? in otherwords he let the ball pass by him and the opposing player caught it instead. bad communication maybe but not completely his fault i say.

thats what i saw neways but i could be mistaken, tho the commentator says the force player hesitated in catching the ball

vCash
    I don't see how Henjak's confidence is going to improve when he is constantly being booed by the Force crowd. I thought he performed quite well tonight although O'Young was also impressive in his first start for the season.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I agree Chief, tho I didnt see the need for O'young to be replaced. after just 60 minutes.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash

No Commitment

Matt Henjak souldv'e been dropped after his second poor game ( also the Forces second game ). His total unwiilingness to comit himself to the loose 50/50 ball at the back of rucks is costing a lot of hard won ball. Then when he does get quality ball from the fowards he's to slow to make a dicision, putting the first five under enormous pressure, I think he's been the undoing of a very promising player in Scott Deruda, who with some quality service from the base could be a top class player.
    Give Oyoung a go, when he comes on the backs look heaps more dangerous.
    The best backline combination in my humble opinion would be 9 Oyoung, 10 Deruda, 12 Saniforth, 13 Shepherd, 11 Ioni, 14 Debartolo, 15 Hilgandorf.
    Henjak, Grahame and Sare on the bench.

vCash
    Henjak needs to go...with o'young at the base we have zip and energy around the breakdown aswell as ergency to clear the ball...When watching henjak you get a feeling of going through the motions which adds pressure on the five-eigth and inturn is causing poor descision making..i dont see why the halfback has to run crossfield all the time craming space for the backs and limiting the 10s options..I think mitchell needs to view how the nz halfbacks are playing at the moment, where the speed of the clearance is remarkable..this would allow the backline to function with more space and allow better options.

vCash
    I'm not going to bag Henjak but I do admit to expecting bigger & better things from him. Having said that, how much rugby have we seen the boy play apart from his games with the Force it's been 5 mins here , 6 mins there etc etc. Super rugby & Test Rugby? He hasn't had a lot of 80 min Rugby.Anyway whenever he comes off the boys seem to come to life.O'young's service to the first receiver are crisp & accurate, he set up Staniforths's try.But as a Force Supporter it would be great to have two of the best half backs in Australia.So lets hope he gets his act together,there are signs of improvement so encourage him.
    Cheers

vCash
    No he should not be dropped. He's got talent and showed it last year when he played against Wales - just needs a bit of mentoring to bring it out and boost his copnfidence. He's a young guy and it does not help his confidence when he is booed by his team's own ignorant " supporters"

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinrussell
    No he should not be dropped. He's got talent and showed it last year when he played against Wales - just needs a bit of mentoring to bring it out and boost his copnfidence. He's a young guy and it does not help his confidence when he is booed by his team's own ignorant " supporters"
    Totally agree Kev boy.....

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Yea i agree Kevin. Once he settles in and feels more confident he'll play well. Hopefully gits will be a catalyst for this eh? Wish people would lay off the guy's hair. I mean it won't make the guy play better and it is his choice. i just noticed that Henjak , prior to this year had played 18 games for the brumbies and is 25 in November. O'young has just turned 25 ( in march) and played 8 games for the Waratahs. Interesting!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3