Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Should Matt Henjak Be Dropped ?

vCash

Thumbs down Should Matt Henjak Be Dropped ?

Should Matt Henjak Just Shave His Head , Loose Those Gloves And Worry About Playing Rugby

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rugby78
    Should Matt Henjak Just Shave His Head , Loose Those Gloves And Worry About Playing Rugby

Shaved head, getting rid of the gloves, concentrating on playing rugby and being a team member would do the world of good rugby78.

A couple of weeks ago I would have been gunning to kick him off the team let alone drop him but I have to give credit to him now. He's seems to be settling down a bit but I still get really p8ssed off at his attitude. One example springs to mind from Saturday. There was a Bulls player down and a scrum to be set, so our pack were in a huddle and Henjak was standing to the side spinning the ball to himself. Unforgiveable....he should either be in the huddle or lying on the floor with blood pouring out of some orifice.

Just happy to be here

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I would say that although Henjak did not have a great individual performace, but with james Hilgendorf at No10 a new and promising combination has been uncovered. I would assume that is how they will start again this week.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Lose the hair, when you get into top form - I'll let you grow it back.

InnFORCEr - are you in the 2nd tier with a big "The InnFORCErs" banner hanging over the edge?

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Even after he threw that intercept on Saturday There were 14 players behind the try line huddled as a group and he was standing off to the rear of them kicking the grass , head down .

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach
    Lose the hair, when you get into top form - I'll let you grow it back.

InnFORCEr - are you in the 2nd tier with a big "The InnFORCErs" banner hanging over the edge?
    Yep that's us, were actually about three rows back. Keep an eye out for the banner in NZ against the Highlanders and Blues....that will be us as well!

Maybe you should get him in on a two for one offer when you head off for the next polish ah coach?

vCash
    The emerging combination with JH is the only thing in his favour for mine. The fact we were already on the front foot when O'Young came on may also help keep him in the starting 15. One thing I saw on Saturday which made me wonder even more about Henjak's attitude was that he nearly gave up on chasing du Preez after he took the intercept - inexcusable.
    I feel sorry for O'Young he's done enough to earn a start. I hope the decision is taken a lot earlier this week if "Techno Boy" is off the boil again.

vCash
    the cheer for him leaving the feild was nearly as loud as when they scored their fist try

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Although I think he looks like a goose, it doesn't really concern me how he chooses to turn out.
    What does concern me is that he pulls the carrot out of his fundamental and sorts his attitude out.
    I think his game has been steadily improving every week but let's not forget, it shouldn't have to "improve", he is already a Wallaby and at his age should be at the top of his game having both experience and the vigor of youth. Henjak came to Perth as the best available half back in Australia and the third best option in the Wallabies. Now either he wasn't, he's slipped, or he needs his Mum to take care of him and make sure he's tucked in at night.
    I think a few more punters may be joining me in being glad that Gregan hasn't retired yet, Cordingley returned and Sheehan improving? With Whitaker leaving can you imagine a Wallabies with Henjak starting this year?!
    20-20 hindsight is a wonderful thing but on current performance I think we may well have been better off obtaining the services of the Geraldton born Sheehan this year.
    However, we have who we have and I think that Henjak and O'Young are in the correct starting order on merit. A reserve half will always appear better replacing the tired starter as he will be fresh playing against tiring forwards. Just like Henjak used to at the Brumbies and Whitaker used to for the Wallabies.
    Perhaps the change by Mitch should be to only give Henjak a half to prove himself and, unless he is having an absolute blinder, sub O'Young on for the second half. This gives O'Young game time and keeps Henjak fresher each week.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rugby78
    the cheer for him leaving the feild was nearly as loud as when they scored their fist try
    And that is a disgrace
    Gee, a player down on confidence and having a shocker of a run, here's an idea, belittle him even more with an International audience watching...
    There are some people in the Subiaco crowd that need to have a bloody good hard look at themselves.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Yeah. I'm ashamed to say I was on of them.

I can't condone that. Spur of the moment thing and I felt like hiding under the seat. It didn't come thru on the TV but he probably heard it. He looked very sheepish on the player lap after full time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    Although I think he looks like a goose, it doesn't really concern me how he chooses to turn out.
    Well Burgs, maybe I'm too much of a judgemental old fart but like I said in another post, Giteau used to do that red/white hair shit ages ago but he was on fire. A player down on confidence and form maybe should'nt put a target on his head. I should be down. Grafting back to form.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Oh, don't worry about that shasta, I'm a fairly judgemental (not quite as) old fart too
    In my world everyone would be short back and sides or shaven headed.
    But I guess the reality is they are on the field for up to 80 minutes a week for half the year, the rest of the time they are young "trendy" (cough, cough, gag) men.
    The other aspect is that they were doing a shave for cancer fundraiser and an alternative to getting your head shaved is to have it dyed. We will find out on Friday night I guess but it is possible he was supporting the shaved fellas on this occasion by going the dye job. Either way I totally agree that it looks faggoty but I don't think it is influencing or affecting his skills or lack of them at the Force.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    Yeah. I'm ashamed to say I was on of them.

I can't condone that. Spur of the moment thing and I felt like hiding under the seat. It didn't come thru on the TV but he probably heard it. He looked very sheepish on the player lap after full time.

Yeah mate - it did come through on the TV. big time

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    I don't think you guys have earned booing your own players yet. Not like us.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast