Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Should Matt Henjak Be Dropped ?

Henjaks gun shy.

Theres a lot of holding his hands in the air and waiting for other players in defence. I can understand attack, not wanting your halfback to get sucked into the forwards, but being shy about the tackle in defence is another matter.

Chris O'Yound is the better attacking optionas well, crisper and cleaner. Every second of delay around the ruck allows the opposition backline up and into our face before we can generate momentum.

Having locks intercept your passes is intolerable at any level.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ... on the 6th day God played rugby and on the 7th day he rested, because he was sore and a little hungover.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I'm not sure the "gun shy" aspect is entirely accurate Redbull.
    There have been times when he has stood back a little but there have been many times when watching the replay's that I have seen him tackling some of the biggest opposition forwards going around and at times getting really crunched but getting back to the base of the ruck or maul in the next phase.
    I've indicated in previous posts above that I agree he has plenty of room for improvement, but I don't think it is accurate or helpful to just make sweeping statements about him if it is not actually justified.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Depends on your definition of shy.

If you shy away from one tackle in a game that means somebody else has to make it and that can change your whole defensive pattern.

Good defensive is offensive defense, and that does not occur with one player standing back.

... on the 6th day God played rugby and on the 7th day he rested, because he was sore and a little hungover.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    i think his biggest sin the other night was when he put through a beautiful grubber..and it bounced nice...and he tackled the player near the ball.....if he had gone for the ball it was an almost certain try....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry
    i think his biggest sin the other night was when he put through a beautiful grubber..and it bounced nice...and he tackled the player near the ball.....if he had gone for the ball it was an almost certain try....
    That was in front of me, He made the tackle and I in my head I was screaming "NOOOOOOOooooooooo"!

We are TheWholeForce kin (try saying this really fast)

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    OK guys.....We have a big game this week with a real chance of winning. Let's start looking at positive aspects and leave the bagging to the detractors.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    I too was extremely dissappointed with the crowd bagging him... He didn't have the best night but his performance certainly didn't warrant that.
    Henjak has developed a bad habit of throwing 2 or 3 dummy passes and then throwing his pass in that same direction. He did it on numerous occassions on Saturday and its just telegraphing where he is going with the ball. That would be ok if it was being used to set up the defence, but I certainly didn't see it on saturday. One other thing to remeber guys is that he isn't getting he cleanest ball from the ruck. That thing is firing out all over the place and so far he is controlling it pretty well, just the passing that seems a little off. But again, he had a new fly half playing at first reciever. You have to allow some time for him to adjust. I was one of his biggest detractors after the first few games, but I thought he really stepped it up against the 'Tahs. So lets give him a week or 2 with his new fly half before hanging him out to dry.
    His attitude does need some adjustment, but that is something that needs to be handled by the leaders of the club (on and off the field) not by the supporters in the stands.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Incompetent isn't the right word... But its the first one that comes to mind.
    -- Chuck Palahniuk.

vCash
    I think that his game against the Bulls was down on his effort against the Tah's. I think that the Tah's game has given him a bit of breathing space over O'Young. However, I think that he will be looking over his shoulder if he doesn't pick up again against the Stomers.

I think that having twice now given away intercept tries is unforgivable. He would have to be leading that stat in the comp wouldn't he?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mambo No. 5
    I think that his game against the Bulls was down on his effort against the Tah's. I think that the Tah's game has given him a bit of breathing space over O'Young. However, I think that he will be looking over his shoulder if he doesn't pick up again against the Stomers.

I think that having twice now given away intercept tries is unforgivable. He would have to be leading that stat in the comp wouldn't he?
    Mambo you write this like Henjack is the first halfback that has ever thrown an intercept before.

Was Henjacks game excellent? No it wasnt

Did Henjack have an absolute shocker? No not at all.

Will he get picked for the Wallabies after his effort against the Bull? No

Guys lets get this in to context. The Western Force gave V Bulls was the first game that showed me that the Force has a backline that actually looks like it can score some points.

I am not a Henjack fan but I think the Henjack bashing is getting ridiculous both in TWF.com and the BOOing he recieves when I he gets replaced.

He is learning his trade like 70% of our squad and deserves both our patience and respect.

Why dont we think of our squad as being with Learner plates on driving down the highway of life - sure we spend a lot of our time making sure we can get around them as quick as we can - but we also give them the benefit of the doubt when they do a little boo boo.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Agreed, I'm actually sympathising with Matt and want to see him do well. The Force are slowly meshing and Henjak should stay at starting scrumhalf for the rest of this season. O'Young will likely have his chance during the APC (although I'd doubtful henjak will make the Wallabies squad)...

vCash
    For once, I agree with Sage.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    TEF, Rodent and Exile, I agree with the sentiment of each of your last posts.
    Even if he is not terrific I am confident that he is still our best option there, otherwise Mitch would have dragged him during a game the same as he did with Dave Fitter against the Tahs.
    Also on the training paddock I am reliably informed that he is the best Half we have by a long shot.
    We can all sit here and moan and whinge but he is the best option and we really should be supporting him to the hilt.
    Yes he has a stupid hair "style", yes he is as cocky as a rooster, but I am with you fellas, our job is to support at the matches and leave the judgment calls to Mitch who is a tad more qualified than us.
    Fair enough discussing it here but there is no excuse for anyone who calls themselves a Force supporter, or even a fan for that matter, to boo one of our own when they have tried their guts out for the whole game.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmember
    For once, I agree with Sage.

....F**k... Can I change my opinion?

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    he still should get a hair cut

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    Fair enough discussing it here but there is no excuse for anyone who calls themselves a Force supporter, or even a fan for that matter, to boo one of our own when they have tried their guts out for the whole game.
    I for one have already 'fessed up to giving a (half hearted) cheer when O'Young replaced Henjak last Friday. It was more out of frustration than wanting to put Henjak down and I felt bad about it immediately. Exile (iirc) said it came thru on the telecast which is bad - might have another look cause I didn't notice. I didn't hear anyone actually "booing". I'd probably give 'em a gobfull on the spot if I heard that. The first reference I heard to booing him was from Sage.

I agree that Mitch is more qualified to coach and select our players than anyone here. BUT what's the point of a board like this if not to allow us mugs to be "Monday Morning Experts"

SO:

Lift yer bloody game Mitchell!! If Jak's not going too good on Friday drag the bugger and give O'Young more game time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast