Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Giteau to face Force wrath in season opener

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Giteau to face Force wrath in season opener

• Tim Clarke
    • May 18, 2009 - 2:14PM
    Western Force fans won’t have to wait long to see Matt Giteau play Super 14 rugby in Perth again.

The Wallaby superstar's first game for the Brumbies in 2010 is against the Force at its new home, Member’s Equity Stadium.

Giteau, who played his last game for the Force in an emotional farewell last Saturday night, will be moving his career but not his life to Canberra, retaining his house in Perth while playing for his new team.

He can expect a less than cordial reception from former fans and teammates for the season opener - with his swift return guaranteeing a full house at the East Perth stadium.

Departing Force scrum half Josh Valentine will be in a similar situation and Force fans will be desperately hoping young star James O'Connor stays in blue as he ponders an offer to follow Giteau to the nation's capital.

The 2010 draw, if it runs to the draft issued by SANZAR, has the Force starting with two home games in the first three weeks, with the Brumbies in round one followed by a trip to New Zealand to take on the Hurricanes in week two and a visit from the Chiefs to Perth in round three.

An early bye in week four will be a perfect preparation for a trip to Queensland to take on the Reds in round five.

The three home games in a row that follow, against the Waratahs, Bulls and Stormers, will give John Mitchell's team a great opportunity to set up their season at their new home.

An arduous last six weeks will see the Force on tour to New Zealand for two weeks, to play the Highlanders and Blues, a testing home clash with the Crusaders - and then the last three weeks of the season on the road in South Africa.

The tour will comprise games against the Cats, Cheetahs and Sharks - and likely determine if the Force can finally secure a place in their first Super 14 finals series.

http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/gite...0518-bcei.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    yiewwwww
    we shall beat some brumbie butt then
    hopefully

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    less than cordial?

i really hope that the crowd are over it by then. he left. the force didnt... grow up people

vCash
    First match at the MES ... it will be great... can't wait...

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Save up your spare change, come over on a cheap flight and actually support your team. Might even buy you a pint at pre game if you have the cojones.
    I will put a book up this week with awesome odds saying you wont. No excuse now.
    8 months equals 32 weeks, saving $20 a week equals $640 which will cover airfares,a night in a backpackers hostel and a few bevvies.

Last edited by The Lone Hydrangea; 18-05-09 at 18:55. Reason: spooky no 4?

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    Will you be coming over to watch it Muddy?

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    i really hope that the crowd are over it by then. he left. the force didnt... grow up people
    A crowd implies many people - i'd guess it's just a few. However - good natured heckling is something different altogether

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Hydrangea View Post
    Save up your spare change, come over on a cheap flight and actually support your team. Might even buy you a pint at pre game if you have the cojones.
    I will put a book up this week with awesome odds saying you wont. No excuse now.
    8 months equals 32 weeks, saving $20 a week equals $640 which will cover airfares,a night in a backpackers hostel and a few bevvies.

i'll chip in for your game ticket

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    A crowd implies many people - i'd guess it's just a few. However - good natured heckling is something different altogether
    Such as a reference to his new Oxford St hairdresser?

vCash
    good natured heckling is part of the fun. but i really would hope he doesnt run out to thousands of boos

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    8 months equals 32 weeks, saving $20 a week equals $640 which will cover airfares,a night in a backpackers hostel and a few bevvies. Maybe if we get 19 other funders we could hold a competition?

Hey - I'd put in $1 / week for the next 32 weeks in order to fund an eastern staters flight to Perth. We have a few regulars on the dark side who be at least interesting to meet in person.

vCash
    Thanks for the invitation madam Hydrangea… do they have FOX at ......

vCash
    He will not get a less than cordial reception from me. MG has performed admirably for this club. He got some pretty shabby treatment from Firepower and reading between the lines the Coach's overbearing approach got to him amongst others. No regrets from me, certainly, I would loved him a as a lifetime player for TWF, but the lad has decided to move on and good luck to him. Thanks Matt, you were bloody great.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I would have thought a more friendlier face would have got an invite to fly over for the Brumbies match next year.

You would all rather share a beer with the fisherman.

I guess I just don't have the friends in TWF I thought I did.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    You always have a invite ya ugly bugger

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast