Thread: Growden's Wallabies

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Growden's Wallabies

The Herald's Chief Rugby Correspondent lists the players who should be selected in the 30-man Wallabies squad announced next week. Who would you pick?

FORWARDS
    Benn Robinson, Al Baxter, Ben Alexander, Sekope Kepu, Stephen Moore, Tatafu Polota-Nau, Huia Edmonds, Nathan Sharpe, Peter Kimlin, James Horwill, Dean Mumm, George Smith, Phil Waugh, David Pocock, Richard Brown, Wycliff Palu.

BACKS
    Adam Ashley-Cooper, Peter Hynes, Scott Staniforth, Drew Mitchell, Lote Tuqiri, Lachie Turner, Stirling Mortlock, Timana Tahu, Ryan Cross, Berrick Barnes, Quade Cooper, Matt Giteau, Luke Burgess, Josh Valentine.

TEST TEAM
    Ashley-Cooper; Staniforth, Mortlock (c), Barnes, Hynes; Giteau, Burgess; Palu, Smith, Brown, Sharpe, Kimlin, Baxter, Moore, Robinson. Res: Polota-Nau, Alexander, Mumm, Waugh, Valentine, Mitchell, Tahu.

http://blogs.smh.com.au/thebreakdown....html#comments

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Apart from Huia Edmonds and Scott Staniforth those are exactly the same selections as last year.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Player
    vCash
    I really think that dingo deans needs to consider what the make up of his team for the RWC is going to be now and select his team accordingly.The more experience his rwc team has together the better only 2 seasons to go.

Thats why cancelling aus a from the PNC was very short sighted as there is nothing left this year for the fringe players this season except club rugby,real backward and real dumb if you ask me.

Lote wouldnt be in my squad,he is too predictable. Marking Lachie turner would be more nerve racking because he isnt.

Apprentice
    vCash
    wat about joc? Hes the future. Yes stanno has had a good year but hes leaving so no future past this yr for him playin for wallabies.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    pocock on the bench instead of waugh, if your looking to build a side for 2011....
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Thank God he doesn't pick the squad. If that's the best he can come up with, it just confirms my opinion about him.....

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to ..........."

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Wouldnt mind if Spanner got selected to play in the team. I seem to recall him saying that if he got selected to play for the Wallabies he would then stay in Australia. That would have to mean he has an out clause in the Japanese contract and then would come and play at the Force again next year.

Would be awesome but i am not holding my breath

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Champion
    vCash
    Isn't Dean Mumm injured? I think Matt Hodgson deserves to be in the squad. Deans has to pick on form , if he does Spanner should be included.

vCash
    No JO'C and no Shep, either? Is Shep's injury that bad - I thought Mitchell was just keeping him out of Saturday's game to protect him.

And what's Hodgson got to do to be considered - deserved the man of the match on Saturday.

vCash
    Not sure how Quade can possibly be in there. He's had a horror S14 as far as consistency goes, they didn't dare have him at 10 this last weekend.

Not too sure about Burgess in the starting line-up. Would think Val's form in the second half of the season's was far better than Lukey's. His delivery and cover defense have been pretty consistent and solid.

Also in the test lineup, not sure of justification for having Tahu ahead of Cross.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KenyaQuin View Post
    Also in the test lineup, not sure of justification for having Tahu ahead of Cross.
    He's a Waratah what more justification does Greg Growden need?!

vCash
    Mitchell for Cooper
    Cross for Tahu
    Turner for Staniforth (Only because he wont be selected as hes off)
    Pocock for waugh in the fowards

Yeah Mitchell

Player
    vCash
    I think we are all grateful that grumbles has no influence at all over selections and no one really cares what he thinks.

Dingo deans will have his own vision on how he wants his team to play the game and he will continue to select players that can fulfil that vision.And it will be based on the Crusaders model from the years that dingo has coached there.

So when you look back at the saders,they have had big strong mobile and skillful experienced forwards with fast skillful unpredictable attacking backs.
    Their defence has been very strong and their discipline has been very tight.They have always played with great team pride and great spirit and so this is the culture that he will try and instill into his wallabies team.

So based on that I'm interested to see his team,this year he has had a good chance to sit back and watch the OZ S14 teams closely and so be better prepared this year than he was this time last.He may throw in a few surprises.

as far as grumbles goes....he needs a new job...