Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: EMIRATES WESTERN FORCE FINISH SEASON WITH EMOTIONAL WIN

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    3rd highlanders try shouldnt have been allowed due to pek being taken out (or at least prevented from defending). their 2nd and 4th tries shouldnt have happened (force fault both times).

at least we won i spose. very disappointing play though.

bring on MES.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    half arsed secondhalf performance, good bye unsettling influences....lets look forward not back...

---------- Post added at 13:21 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gotheforce View Post
    I know Junior is off to japan to play.

how long has that been on the cards?.....

Apprentice
    vCash
    Long time lurker posting for first time - go easy!

I didn't see the misbehaving Scotch boys that others have posted about, but I was disgusted at the behaviour of a pocket of Highlanders supporters at the end of the game during the presentations.

FFS guys, supporting your team all good and well but have some respect and let the Force fans so goodbye to a few players.

I was almost going to burn my Otago jersey in disgust after getting home from the game last night.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Thanks Max and welcome. I was in Block 105 and there was a heap of guys in uniforms in front of us but they didnt seem to disturbe things. I was watching the game and had sports ears on.

And totally agree with you about the Highlanders supporters over near the tunnel. It was bad enough Fox TV going on and on with interviews but the noise from them was only abated when Jimmy Cowan went down there and told them to STFU.

vCash
    well done jimmy cowan...

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer View Post
    I was emotional...really, really emotional.....in fact, I was about ropeable re our performance in the second half.
    What surprised me was the fact that Matt Giteau was directly responsible for two of their tries which is quite unusual. One for that chip through that went six levels up from pear-shaped. And the other for a tackle around the ankles that was shrugged off and the hole exploited.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    welcome along max.....

vCash
    It just showed we learnt nothing from the Hurricanes game. Yeah it was a dead rubber match I know but lets remember the game goes for 80 minutes.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    And totally agree with you about the Highlanders supporters over near the tunnel. It was bad enough Fox TV going on and on with interviews but the noise from them was only abated when Jimmy Cowan went down there and told them to STFU.
    Oh really? Didn't see Mr Cowan head over there and give them what for. That would have been pretty hillarious!

A friend and I ran down and sat ourselves right amongst them and I tried asking the guy next to me if they could just keep quiet for a little while we tried to listen to the speeches but they just kept going. Eventually we decided to leave as we couldn't hear what was going on and some friends waiting for us outside so had to leave. I think that's when the clown with the kilt started dancing on top of the tunnel...

Thanks for the warm welcome guys - I'm sure I'll see some of you at the Boks test and the rest at MEmbers Equity next season. Really looking forward to that, especially as the cut in numbers will mean there'll hardly be anyone BUT force supporters there at home games. Talk about a fortress...

vCash
    Welcome to TWF Max

I loved when Laura hollored at them 'SHUDDUP WE'RE TRYING TO LISTEN'. It was really disrespectful to RWA and I thought something should have been done about it. Was it Jimmy Cowan that went over? I thought it was the other blonde guy.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Jimmy Cowan might be a bogan on the field. (did anyone see that elbow he stuck out in his attempt to stop Haig Sare from scoring the try?) But if thats what he did to shut the supporters up, he gets some respect points for it!

vCash
    Was very annoyed with the Highlander supporters at the end - extremely disrespectful! What was with the duck quacky thing? Urgh.

Anyone else see Drew crack a beer with his bare teeth?

Was a bit of a disappointing 2nd half but we're on to bigger and better things (and stadium)! Can't wait for 2010!!

vCash
    Welcome aboard Max.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TraceTrace View Post
    Anyone else see Drew crack a beer with his bare teeth?
    No? When was that?

Cowan has some serious attitude problems. I saw 2 times at least he got his fists out and tried to smash one of our boys. Was not impressed. But if it was him that failed at shutting his supporters up, well, at least he tried.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Welcome Max. Agree completely about that bunch of twits!! Absolutely no respect and that stupid duck noise everytime the game was down our end

Good effort by the boys in the first half. Second half we could have done without, that was pretty poor defence and quite annoying as a supporter to see them just let the Highlanders run with it and score the tries. Sure it wasn't worth anything in Super14 but credibility, pride, future Wallabies game time were still worth playing for...surely?!

Shame on the people in the members bar who booed, that was uncalled for, he's not the only one taking the opportunity to play elsewhere. Members bar is thoroughly recommended for the last game of the season!! Lets just say some of the boys were celebrating in style. Tai McIsaac was his humble self, just drinking a coke and very grateful to all members for their support. Spanner was the same, very grateful and stoked to finish on a high with 2 tries. Hodgo was a cracker, loved his take on Hocko's shirt theme for the night.

OH and n.b. Junior is off to France. Luke Holmes: they didn't say where he was going but he was always on the bench and he has a new little family so maybe he's happy to put postpone his rugby career and put his family first.

Best of luck to all the boys leaving, its a shame to see them go but thats professional rugby so be it and thank to all the boys who are staying, looks like a promising year ahead at our lovely rectangular stadium!!

Last edited by laura; 18-05-09 at 12:18. Reason: spelling

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast