Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Matthew Johns stood down over sex scandal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    No John Mitchell isn't silly enough to get mixed up in that nonsense...

However... haven't seen him interviewed about much this year... Fordham got mixed up in the Firepower rubbish with is clients also...
    That has no place in this thread. You are pathetic.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    That has no place in this thread. You are pathetic.
    just continuing the line of conversation... agreed its got nothing to do with thread just Fordham management links...

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    You really do come across as a it of a moron at times, MudSkipper. Grimshaw interviewed Johns and painted him in a (as much as she could) positive light. They both have the same manager. Questioning the validity of an interview which a significant percentage of people will be basing their opinions on is very much on topic.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    And my point was, that as both Johns and Grimshaw are clients in the Fordham stable, a person could think that the questions and answers were all settled in Broome earlier this week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    You really do come across as a it of a moron at times, MudSkipper. Grimshaw interviewed Johns and painted him in a (as much as she could) positive light. They both have the same manager. Questioning the validity of an interview which a significant percentage of people will be basing their opinions on is very much on topic.

“Moron” really Coach… slinging insults is hardly necessary especially when the message is miscomprehended by yourself. Perhaps you should read the flow of the thread, as my point isn't about Grimshaw's soft interview... I was referring to Shasta’s post, which I quoted and was agreeing with him…

please don't jump to ludicrous conclusions… which require insults...

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    I don't sling insults, I level them in a measured way.

moron (n): a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment.
    I didn't call you a moron, I said you come across as a bit of a moron at times.

Allow me to paraphrase
    You really do come across as a person who is notably stupid or lacking in judgement at times, Mudskipper
    It's more of a description than an insult. I could probably apply the same description to a few of my own posts.

vCash
    The supposition is enough when you’ve misread a post I would think…. The rest is semiotics… poor choice of terms… when poo-ha-ha would have been absolutely fine…

vCash
    Kalafan had a similar experience with some of the boys from the high wycombe footy club, he turned out all right, walks a little bow legged but he's still our kalafan...

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

vCash

It would appear that public support is now overwhelmingly in Matt's favour if the latest news reports are to be heard.

The other interesting fact I heard this morning was that Four Corners allegedly sought this girl out for her account of the story.

Puts a new spin on it all...

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    It would appear that public support is now overwhelmingly in Matt's favour if the latest news reports are to be heard.
    Sums it all up really, she gets to try and cope with ptsd for the rest of her life (I think it was 3 suicide attempts that she had made so far in the story) and lives on a victim of crime pension, while everyone thinks how hard done by a alleged gang rapist is because he's a footballer.

Last edited by Darren; 14-05-09 at 18:12. Reason: does alleged make it better?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    how hard done by a gang rapist is because he's a footballer.
    Hmmm... libel much?

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    Tracey Grimshaw should also be stood down for her lack of interviewing skill. Mike Moore from frontline has more interviewing skills.
    I wonder how Jana Wendt would have handled it???

I remember she was like a Pitbull on subjects like this.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Action Hardcore View Post
    Kalafan had a similar experience with some of the boys from the high wycombe footy club, he turned out all right, walks a little bow legged but he's still our kalafan...
    Yeah they breed them big in High Wycombe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Sums it all up really, she gets to try and cope with ptsd for the rest of her life (I think it was 3 suicide attempts that she had made so far in the story) and lives on a victim of crime pension, while everyone thinks how hard done by a alleged gang rapist is because he's a footballer.
    There is no 'victim of crime pension' in Enzed. It's a sickness benefit or unemployment benefit at about $200 a week.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash

Woman 'bragged' about league sex romp

A former work colleague of the woman at the centre of the Cronulla Sharks sex scandal in Christchurch involving Matthew Johns claims her co-worker bragged about the incident.

Tania Boyd has told the Nine Network that the woman in the ABC's Four Corners report, identified as ''Clare'', had boasted to her workmates about bedding several players and only contacted police five days after the alleged incident.

''She was absolutely excited about the fact. She was bragging about it to the staff and quite willing, openly saying how she had sex with several players,'' said Boyd.

''We were quite disgusted about it. There was no trauma whatsoever.

''I can't work out what's happened. Does it take five days for it to sink in?''

John's media and coaching career is in tatters after the ABC's Four Corners program aired allegations about his involvement in a 2002 group sex incident in Christchurch while he was playing for Cronulla.

Meanwhile Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd says....................

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/...eague-sex-romp

---------- Post added at 08:57 ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 ----------

Phil Gould's tears for 'scapegoat' Johns

Phil Gould fought back tears. Paul Vautin's voice trembled as he explained previous remarks described as flippant.

The first episode of The Footy Show without Matthew Johns was highly emotional, Gould shaking with sadness and rage and lambasting former Sharks for staying quiet while describing league's latest scandal as "the sledgehammer" the NRL needed to clean up its act.

"A couple of things I want to say before the show starts," Vautin said. "It's been a tough week for all concerned at Channel Nine. On a personal note, I've been getting my share of criticisms for giving Matt Johns last week a 'well said' after his apology to his wife. Both Matt and I were not aware of the intensity of the story to come on the following Monday night.

"He went on air to apologise to his wife, for the second time in seven years, mind you, and I noticed as he was sitting here, how hard he was doing it. At the end, and merely as a friend, I gave Matt a 'well said' and a pat on the back, as I think any Australian mate would do. It was nothing more and nothing less."

Gould and Johns are close. The former NSW Origin coach cried and admitted he held serious concerns for Johns's wellbeing after The ABC's TV story "Code Of Silence". The journalist responsible for the programme declined to appear on The Footy Show, as did NRL chief executive David Gallop.

"Out of this, there's got to be some good," Gould said.

"This, to me, was the sledgehammer to the back of the head that the game deserved and needed. For so long we've been having incidents like this, whether it was drugs or alcohol or abuse of women, and we all say, 'Well, that was a wake-up call', but no one wakes up. What comes out of this report now should be a message to all players, and all young people and all young girls, that there are no winners in any of this. And that the behaviour has to be addressed. What you think is a bit of fun is going to turn to tears some day. Matt Johns ….............."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/...capegoat-Johns

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast