Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Round Five Local Rugby

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

Round Five Local Rugby

Rockingham v Kalamunda
    Rockingham were missing some key players against Palmyra last week particularly Minson, Tyrell and Longbottom. The match up against Kalamunda will be much more even this week, particularly after the internal machinations and internecine warfare going on in Kala at the moment. I give it to Kalamunda, but by no more than 12 points, and wouldn't be surprised at a bottom of the ladder boil over.

Palmyra v Cottesloe
    The Friday night game of the round. A pumped up Palmyra against a determined Cott, who took ladder leaders Associates to the wire last weekend. Pally have a number of injuries and will be well down on strength, particularly in the front row, which will be much lighter than in the last few weeks. Cott will have the superiority in the lineouts as well, courtesy of its new Taradale second rower, and Palmyra will have to rely heavily on its very capable back row to avoid getting swamped. Pally will however have the edge in the backline and have a special surprise in store for Cott's inside backs. Palmyra by 17 points.

Wests Subiaco v Perth-Bayswater (fixed TG)
    Thanks to their new found, inspirational, internal player development policy, Wests now have only 50 games to wait for until their next win. Well, that's how I interpret the whistling in the dark I read on their Website. How do they propose to develop anything but grey hair and despair now their cosy arrangement with Aranmore has gone phut and their poaching attempts are being laughed at? This week will see the highest score of the season so far being posted, 65 points plus to Perth. Perth's biggest problems will stem from over confidence, soreness from last week's bruising encounter with Wanneroo, and the tendency of their backs to afford themselves the luxury of showing off in the presence of weaker opposition.

Associates v University
    Soaks by 25 points. Associates are a champion team with the extremely rare combination of excellent direction, discipline, fine team players and a sprinkling of stars. Uni's direction doesn't seem to be there this year, despite, man for man, they being a better team this year than they were last year. When they realise this, and do something about it, they will again challenge the top teams.

Nedlands v Wanneroo
    Aren't Nedlands amazingly lucky to be allocated four out of the first five home games in the early part of the season when the weather is fine and the followers are interested. And to be selected as the only club to be permitted to elect not to have to play under lights when everyone else has to do as they're told!
    But I digress.This should be a crackerjack of a game, with Wanneroo having lost its top notch fly half , probably for the season, and not having time as yet to buy a new one, and Neddies having their tails up after narrowly dispatching a wounded Kalamunda last week. I still give it to Wanneroo by 20 points however.The Dogs would have to interchange their backs for their forwards to lose this one.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by travelling_gerry; 12-05-09 at 23:36.

vCash
    What happened to your calls of Uni being the team to beat this year?

Apprentice
    vCash
    just spoke to our top notch flyhalf...back in 4-6 weeks which is brilliant!! and yeah fulv i agree match of the round paly vs cott.... and as for neddies... the things money and blue blood can get you huh!

vCash
    Hey, Kala Fan, I can only count and assess the talent pool preseason. What they do with that talent and how they structure and implement a game plan (if they have one) is a different thing entirely.

I don't think you can dispute that Uni, like Kala, have the players available. They've just wasted them so far.

---------- Post added at 12:51 ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 ----------

Coach, after last weeks problems, how can I be sure that my tips have been entered? After I make my selection and press save there is nothing to acknowledge the selections have been accepted.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Yeah Frank we are in trouble with all our injuries and the loss of our 10. Maybe you can put us on to your contact in Fiji to buy a new 10 with our $450 000 budget. It looks like you get them cheap there by the amount of players you getting in!! Good luck for the Cott game should be a good one!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Coach, after last weeks problems, how can I be sure that my tips have been entered? After I make my selection and press save there is nothing to acknowledge the selections have been accepted.
    When you enter in your tips (or update existing tips) by clicking the "SAVE" button at the bottom of the screen, a small notice will state that tips have been updated/inserted and also tell you the number of tips affected

eg:
    Modified a single 'tip'

Entered tips for a previously untipped round

vCash
    Did Leon put in an extra $50,000? Generous bugger.

Actually we don't pay for our Fijian players, we just show them the love.

Who said anything about the Roo Dogs injuries, apart from the loss of your 10? Your mistaking me for Rick, I think Elv. Easy enough to do, but I'm actually the one with the more limited range of superlatives and pejoratives.

By the way, there's another alleged Cook Island 7's Rep by the name of Robinson or Robertson floating about in Perth. Ask KK about him, he could be an acquisition and he's not yet playing for any other club. He hasn't responded to our entreaties,
    but then we haven't offered him anything either.

Cheers and good luck on Saturday.

---------- Post added at 13:25 ---------- Previous post was at 13:19 ----------

Not on my screen it doesn't, Coach, and I just pressed save again to double check.

Hopefully they're in.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    They only get inserted once, thus you only get notified once. Why not enter in your tips for a future round and/or amend (and then change back) your tips for the next round?

BTW - If when you view your tips they are there - then they are in the database, no need to save again unless you make changes

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    It's hard work teaching old dogs new tricks

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Who said anything about the Roo Dogs injuries, apart from the loss of your 10? Your mistaking me for Rick, I think Elv. Easy enough to do, but I'm actually the one with the more limited range of superlatives and pejoratives.
    Not to mention the more limited ways to spell "you're".

Mate. Buddy. Pal.

vCash
    You don't miss anything do you Rick?

Sure I can't tempt you down to Pally on Friday?

It'll be great to swap barbs with a worthy opponent!

The sponsors tent (sorry, marque) will be operating, and I'm sure I can wrangle us both an invitation.

(Have I spelt marque right?)

Apprentice
    vCash
    The Cook Island guy is playing for Mandurah I believe. Been told that the work ethic is not flash so maybe he will play for you guys if you buy him a car like yourother players. Just jokes!!

vCash
    Are Rick Boyd and Ecky the same person?? So Pedantic

vCash
    That pictures giving me the heeby jeebies BOII! Haha what are you up to steve buscemi?

Last edited by Action Hardcore; 13-05-09 at 15:25. Reason: for enhanced hilarity
    when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

vCash
    You always were on the ball, Elv, but I didn't think you knew about him!

Does he need a car?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast