Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Queensland Reds defeat the Blues 31-24 in shock Super 14 result

vCash
    yeah well unfortunately the Reds should not have let the blues get that last try, it just shows a lack of composure, but hey they had 55min of good rugby and held out for the win..

Regards McMenimen, i expect him to stay, like people have mentioned the Reds have stood by him when he has been injured, even this year he was given unconditional leave to deal with family circumstances, im not saying that he needs to repay that, but at least he knows that the reds will support him.. i mean McMenimen only needs to look at Daniel Braid to realise the cut throat mentality of NH rugby.

Ioane, well he moved back to QLD to be with his family apparently, so i cant imagine that he would want to move overseas. IMO his a definete starting wallaby at the moment, and with the loss of Rathbone, Gerrard, SNK and Staniforth it should paint more of a case for retaining Ioane in Aus.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    Ioane, well he moved back to QLD to be with his family apparently, so i cant imagine that he would want to move overseas. IMO his a definete starting wallaby at the moment, and with the loss of Rathbone, Gerrard, SNK and Staniforth it should paint more of a case for retaining Ioane in Aus.
    If not starting then definitely on the bench. Between say Ioane and JO'C they can cover every position on the field.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    not sure why i enjoy seeing the blues get beat. i just do at the moment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    QLD can't do anything right
    That try after the fulltime siren allowed the Blues 2 bonus points.
    Good effort though. Very impressive at the breakdown. Barnes was exceptional
    I was thinking the same thing rex, especially as only a few moments earlier the Reds muffed an almost deadset monte try...

Never the less it was an exceptional effort from the banana benders- how good was Berrick Barnes' kicking? and didn't Digby show some toe!

vCash
    if you wernt paying attention, you wouldnt have realised that barnes was kicking into a bloody strong breeze in the second half.

vCash
    Digby is still very unpredictable. He bummed a very simple catch with no chase, but with ball in hand God he's dangerous! I'm not sure what Deans will do with him at Wallaby time, as he's so good some of the time but then he has those moments when it's just blah! He needs to stop trying to be the entire team as well, because it doesn't bring anything to his game. Hopefully when its the Wallabies he will have very competent men with him so he doesn't need to be everywhere.

Good work by the Reds! Wow that was a different team to the one that got their bums flogged by the Lions!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Forget the Brumbies. That loss to the Hurricanes has seen their finals chances sail. A double win for us- on one hand its one less team to compete with for the finals and on the other after that kind of loss we won't have to put up with Mudskipper's rubbish for at least a week.
    Well you'd be wrong about that james...Mudskipper will be here this week ... "rubbish" ... fooie... insight james is a more appropriate term.... for my work here...

A Nice win by the Reds pity they let the Blues pick up 2 bonus points... and now their confidence is up they meet the Brumbies in Brisbane next weekend... Thats a must win for the Brumbies but like a few teams the Brumbies are really only a chance of a semis spot if others falter and they win their final 3 matches...

But the this weekend has given the Force and chance and lets hope they can make the semis and take 4 points away from the Bulls...

However James the Brumbies can still finish ahead of the Force so I wouldn't get too cocky just yet...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthGirl View Post
    Digby would be first choice for a Wallaby wing in my opinion
    I'd Pick him at 13, Mortlock will be picked only becasue he is Mortlock, only on reputation not form

vCash
    lote will be on a wing as well. for the same reason.

vCash
    A few more good games and Shep will get a wing spot.... the Tahs havn't passed the ball to the wingers all season...

Outside Wallabies backs:
    Lachie Turner
    AAC
    Lote
    Digby
    Hyans (injured?)
    JOC

So Deans could possibly select some new blood here... in the back 3....

vCash
    is there any progess on cummins injury? if he can get fit again, he could be an outside possibility as well.
    but i'm thinkign of he does get a call up it will be later in the season to replace someone else if they get injured

vCash
    he is out for 4 weeks after he injured it.

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    which was 2 weeks ago now.
    so we might get him back for the last home game?

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Well you'd be wrong about that james...Mudskipper will be here this week ... "rubbish" ... fooie... insight james is a more appropriate term.... for my work here...

A Nice win by the Reds pity they let the Blues pick up 2 bonus points... and now their confidence is up they meet the Brumbies in Brisbane next weekend... Thats a must win for the Brumbies but like a few teams the Brumbies are really only a chance of a semis spot if others falter and they win their final 3 matches...

But the this weekend has given the Force and chance and lets hope they can make the semis and take 4 points away from the Bulls...

However James the Brumbies can still finish ahead of the Force so I wouldn't get too cocky just yet...
    Wishful thinking.

The Brumbies can still finish ahead of the Force but I'd take the Bulls, Stormers and Highlanders over the Reds, Blues and Chiefs any day of the week.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2