Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: I'll extend stadium for no fee: Tycoon Len Buckeridge

Apprentice
    vCash
    BGC have been around a long time and ole Len has done some good and not so good things.

aren't BGC building the arena in the city and the ne athletics stadium. Not sure if that's good or bad, i seem to recall the arena is way over budget

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Delighted with BGC's generous offer, I hope and actually believe that in this instance it is a purely generous offer by someone who is
    a: Rich enough to make it
    b: Being interested enough in Rugby to actually do it.
    c: Old enough to leave a few decent landmarks and have people remember his achievements with a sense of wonder and appreciation.

I hope that the offer is acceptable to the government and it actually enables this project to get over the line. We need it just as RugbyWa needs to be financially viable which is only going to happen in a rectangular stadium.

Our backs are up against a wall we've come up with a feasible plan lets hope it causes action (any building works will generate jobs and the are certainly bringing in tourist dollars - i.e. Ox and Force4eva for starters never mind the Foxsports Team, the visiting Teams and their supporters.)

The best bit so far is the effect on the AFL community don't see anyone putting their hands up to do anything to Subi for free. Sorry AFL fans had to just mention that bit.

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone View Post
    Delighted with BGC's generous offer, I hope and actually believe that in this instance it is a purely generous offer by someone who is
    a: Rich enough to make it
    b: Being interested enough in Rugby to actually do it.
    c: Old enough to leave a few decent landmarks and have people remember his achievements with a sense of wonder and appreciation.
    I doubt thats the case, but I'll take it. Buckeridge is a businessman first, second and third with a large dose of daylight fourth.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    I can see a new car sticker

"I believe in Fairies, dragons, altruistic businessmen and other fantasy creatures"

Seriously, there is probably justifiable caution and cynicism shown by some of the contributors to this thread;

Len has made a habit of getting what he wants, often despite the wishes of meddling regulators. I am certain that if he wants to add an upgraded stadium to his list of achievements, he has the wherewithal to do it.

His motives seem clear. The resultant publicity and goodwill generated by doing this will be of long term benefit.

Happy daze!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by normie View Post

Len has made a habit of getting what he wants, often despite the wishes of meddling regulators. I am certain that if he wants to add an upgraded stadium to his list of achievements, he has the wherewithal to do it.

His motives seem clear. The resultant publicity and goodwill generated by doing this will be of long term benefit.

Happy daze!
    I really couldn't give a flying flock what his motives are. As long as there are no hidden strings attached and the project gets a green light.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Good way to ingratiate yourself with the Force. Len would be doing himself a favour getting into bed with the Force and interested parties. Would help with future business. If I had as much money as Len and was half as passionate about the Force as I am, I would do what he's offering just for the chance of being a contributor in a big way.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    I doubt thats the case, but I'll take it. Buckeridge is a businessman first, second and third with a large dose of daylight fourth.
    He's doing it for his grandchildren, I would do it for mine if I had enough money!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Hey Len, would you also like to sponsor a website where your grandkids can talk rugby?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    While you are being generous Len, see their 25k and raise them 10k...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    we have room on the shirts for another sponsor's logo as well. on the collar where the kiwis have the speights logo

vCash
    i don't know if this has already been said..
    but if he is forking out for this, wouldn't he want something in return, ? like the stadium being named after him or anything? is that something we would want?
    The Len Buckeridge Stadium?

just a thought.

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    we have room on the shirts for another sponsor's logo as well. on the collar where the kiwis have the speights logo
    He's not really offering to sponsor the Force, his offering to fund the re-build. If, in return, he wants BGC on the jersey it wouldn't be that hard to add it on but he would have the whole stadium at his fingertips. Surely he could chuck a few BGC signs around the place and name an entrance after himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RectangoMan View Post
    BGC have been around a long time and ole Len has done some good and not so good things.

aren't BGC building the arena in the city and the ne athletics stadium. Not sure if that's good or bad, i seem to recall the arena is way over budget
    You're right about that RM. The arena is well over budget at present and you've got to wonder the capacity of BGC to be able to take on another major project.

That said, it would be fantastic if Buckeridge is supporting the stadium idea, and if it needs to be named after him - who cares, I rather the Force play at Buckeridge stadium than have to move to Melbourne!

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

vCash
    i spoke to my inside sauces this morning. BGC is 'flat out' at the moment, but they are still chasing extra work to make them 'super flat out'
    but i think that was more in the nature of paying work.

my point is that there is still the potential for BGC to handle more work, or so the powers that be there say anyway

vCash
    Good on him I say

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast