Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fixtures For 2009 Country Competition

Senior Player Contributor WaterBoy's Avatar
    vCash

Fixtures For 2009 Country Competition

Where can you find the fixtures for the Country Comp? Iv'e looked on Rugby WA website and here is nothing there. I guess they are right there is no internet in the bush.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by davmelimo View Post
    Where can you find the fixtures for the Country Comp? Iv'e looked on Rugby WA website and here is nothing there. I guess they are right there is no internet in the bush.
    gday Davmelimo i can send SW fixtures through to you monday when i go back to work...

"The only trophy we won this day, was the blood and sweat we left on the pitch.... and it was enough"

"Rugby may have many problems, but the gravest is undoubtedly that of the persistence of summer."
    Chris Laidlaw, New Zealand rugby player and sportswriter. Mud in Your Eye: A Worm's Eye View of the Changing World of Rugby (I 973).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnoBarbarians View Post
    gday Davmelimo i can send SW fixtures through to you monday when i go back to work...
    Why don't you post them on here as well

vCash
    will do mate..

"The only trophy we won this day, was the blood and sweat we left on the pitch.... and it was enough"

"Rugby may have many problems, but the gravest is undoubtedly that of the persistence of summer."
    Chris Laidlaw, New Zealand rugby player and sportswriter. Mud in Your Eye: A Worm's Eye View of the Changing World of Rugby (I 973).

vCash
    Thanks BunnoBarbarians look forward to it.

davmelimo

vCash

South West Rugby Union Fixtures

As promised here are the South West Rugby Fixtures for 2009.

2 May

Bunbury City Bulls Vs Margaret River Gropers (Bunbury)
    Dunsborough Dungbeetles Vs Collie Diggers (Dunsborough)

9 May

Bunbury vs Dunsborough (Bunbury)
    Collie vs Margs (Collie)

16 May

Dunsborough Vs Collie (Duns)
    Collie Vs Bunbury (Collie)

30 May

Country Carnival Esperence

20 June

Bunbury Vs Margs (Bunbury)
    Duns Vs Collie (Duns)

27 June

Bun vs Duns (Bunbury)
    Collie Vs Margs (Collie)

4 July

Margs Vs Duns (Margs)
    Collie Vs Bunno (Collie)

18 July

Margs Vs Bunno (Margs)
    Dunsborugh vs Collie (Collie)

25 July

Bunno Vs Duns (Bunno)
    Margs Vs Collie (Margs)

1 August

Margs Vs Duns (Margs)
    Collie Vs Bunno (Collie)

15 August

GRAND FINAL (Bunbury City Bulls VS ????)

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Interesting choice for the Country Carnival in Esperance, is that instead of Kalgoorlie?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Interesting choice for the Country Carnival in Esperance, is that instead of Kalgoorlie?
    Yeh is a very interesting choice! Not sure what the thinking was behind it I know they rotate around country areas every year. Not sure if any rugby in esperance at the moment either? Also I know teams are struggling to get accomodation in esperance as none of the caravan parks or hotels etc are letting rugby teams stay!!!

vCash
    not the first ime its been there 1996???? i think, there was a side frome esperance at dunsborough last year, i think its greg hunt? ex country selector/ dungbeetle man? has relocated to esperance and started a side there, i think it was a matter of who knew who when it came to making that decision last year.

? denotes may not be actuall fact, may be paraphrasing/chinese wispers

<>

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RuckNMaul View Post
    not the first ime its been there 1996???? i think, there was a side frome esperance at dunsborough last year, i think its greg hunt? ex country selector/ dungbeetle man? has relocated to esperance and started a side there, i think it was a matter of who knew who when it came to making that decision last year.

? denotes may not be actuall fact, may be paraphrasing/chinese wispers
    Cheers mate yeh 96 was before I arrived in Southwest so wouldnt know what happened in country rugby.

Now that you mention it he is the bloke who is organising so makes sense....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldCunus View Post
    As promised here are the South West Rugby Fixtures for 2009.

2 May

Bunbury City Bulls Vs Margaret River Gropers (Bunbury)
    Dunsborough Dungbeetles Vs Collie Diggers (Dunsborough)

9 May

Bunbury vs Dunsborough (Bunbury)
    Collie vs Margs (Collie)

16 May

Dunsborough Vs Collie (Duns)
    Collie Vs Bunbury (Collie)

30 May

Country Carnival Esperence

20 June

Bunbury Vs Margs (Bunbury)
    Duns Vs Collie (Duns)

27 June

Bun vs Duns (Bunbury)
    Collie Vs Margs (Collie)

4 July

Margs Vs Duns (Margs)
    Collie Vs Bunno (Collie)

18 July

Margs Vs Bunno (Margs)
    Dunsborugh vs Collie (Collie)

25 July

Bunno Vs Duns (Bunno)
    Margs Vs Collie (Margs)

1 August

Margs Vs Duns (Margs)
    Collie Vs Bunno (Collie)

15 August

GRAND FINAL (Bunbury City Bulls VS ????)

Cheers for that, how about keeping us posted with some results as the season progresses, as they can be hard to find on RugbyWA website or impossible. Do you think Bunno will get up this year do you?? MR were pretty commited last year.

vCash
    I love Esperance!!!
    If I don't have exams or assignments or uni then I'd actually consider going down to watch that! Thanks BaldCunus!

vCash
    Cheers for that, how about keeping us posted with some results as the season progresses, as they can be hard to find on RugbyWA website or impossible. Do you think Bunno will get up this year do you?? MR were pretty commited last year.
    There's a few come backs this year. It's better to hobble than wobble is our war cry

---------- Post added at 07:30 ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    I love Esperance!!!
    If I don't have exams or assignments or uni then I'd actually consider going down to watch that! Thanks BaldCunus!
    Having Uni is seriously no excuse for not going. You miss a weekend where you would have sat around procrastinating about the piles of pointless sh1t you are supposed to do. Do yourself a favour and get into property investing before it's too late

Controversy corner

vCash

Talking

For what it worth my wrap on the SW Comp and sides chances this year.

Its gonna be a pretty tight comp this year. I think will come down to a few results to decide the top two and may be few surprises around.

From the couple of preseason games we have had Margs are looking good again full of speed once again and the introduction of a italian 10 who has played in the italian A side should be led around the park well. Think a lot will depend on what side turns up have been hot and cold during the preseason and whether the surf is up on a saturday . Lack big solid forwards so may struggle against a big front row. Always put on a good show and capable of putting big scores on the board which may be the difference in a tight comp.

Dunsborough havn't shown up to any preseason games so cant comment on their status. Through the grapevine they are struggling with numbers this year which is a change from previous years when they had squads of 30+. Will go into season without any game time so may take few games to warm up. If they can get a side on the park will be ther abouts. May struggle this year with other teams improving.

Collie have come on leaps and bounds since their resurrection three years ago. In the preseason games have had great numbers (although games have been in collie and bunbury). Big test will be getting those numbers every week and when travelling to margs and dunsborough. With a lot of shift workers in the side they have to work twice as hard to get players to games. Again this year their side is big in the forwards and big in the backs. Have some good quality play makers and have picked up some handy players. Will be big improvers this year when they get a full side on the pitch, If they can will be top two otherwise will fall down the ladder.

Bunbury City Bulls. In their second year in the comp have kept core group of players from last year and picked up some quality sorts. Standout pick ups include a outstanding hooker and centre who both made the SW team after two trial games. We are farely even across the park with good strong forwards and great backs and a good mix of young and old heads. Will pull their weight within the SW this year and will surprise a few teams. Probably need to get used to winning and having that killer instinct to finish off games. Last year were really good at losing games by 5-10 points. Have good numbers within the squad and wont struggle to put a side on the pitch. For top two finish need to come out firing with two home games to kick the season off. If we can stay injury free will be top two contender.

Predicted Table

After 15 mins of looking at fixtures and seeing where sides can pick up points I have struggled to come up with a table. The SW Comp this year is going to be tight with only a few points seperating all four teams. I can see the top two being decided by scores for and against. Also with not knowing what dunsborough are looking like makes things hard. Will make for one hell of a comp though. Here is my stab in the dark though.

Margs
    Bunbury
    Collie
    Dunsborough

Juniors

The Bulls are starting juniors this year along with dunsborough so rugby is building this year and hopefully will have some great curtain raisers to senior games with juniors involved from Busso, Dunsborough, Bunbury Bulls and Bunbury Barbarians.

Will try and keep you all updated with scores and results although I will miss first game on May 2 due to my brothers wedding (ignorant b*&tard not taking into consideration my rugby schedule when planning his wedding) so first week may be bit brief.

Last edited by BaldCunus; 24-04-09 at 09:17.

vCash
    GO COLLIE DIGGERS 2009!!

will be the first time that i know of that dunnas havnt had a strong showing.

<>

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast