Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Fixtures For 2009 Country Competition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Collie?

I have been cloning Elle Macpherson zygotes and plan to secretly introduce them to the Collie IVF program. Breeding out the recessive genes will be a bit tricky

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

vCash
    collie 41 v mr 15

This i like!!
    Go Collie Mongrels / Diggers, Whatever you guys are called these days

<>

vCash
    Round 3 action from the South West Comp saw Bunbury taking on Collie in Collie and Margs travelled to Dunsborough.

Collie vs Bunbury

In a somewhat spiteful encounter between what is shaping as a rivalry for the ages between these two neighbours Collie took out the game 12-5. The first half saw Collie pressure the Bunbury Bulls all half with some great defence by the Bulls holding Collie out until two missed tackles led to tries under the posts. The second half saw a complete turn around with the Bulls a fixture in Collies 22. Finishing was a problem for the bulls until they scored out wide but were unable to convert. The match was cut short by 7mins due to one of the Bulls getting knocked out by a high shot and carted off in the Ambo. Thankfully he is all well and good. The game had some testy moments with plenty of niggle and hard rugby. Was great to see both sides turn up with full sides plus subs and put on a great show.

In the other SW Game Margs continued to struggle this season with Dunsborough taking out the match 54-0.

The tabled as it stands after Round three.

p w l bp p
    duns 3 3 0 3 15
    collie 3 2 1 1 9
    bun 3 1 2 1 5
    mr 3 0 3 0 0

The comp breaks for three weeks as the boys travel to country carnival in esperance.

"The only trophy we won this day, was the blood and sweat we left on the pitch.... and it was enough"

"Rugby may have many problems, but the gravest is undoubtedly that of the persistence of summer."
    Chris Laidlaw, New Zealand rugby player and sportswriter. Mud in Your Eye: A Worm's Eye View of the Changing World of Rugby (I 973).

vCash

SW Comp Update

Well its been a while since I provided an update of happenings within the SW so here goes. Baring in mind I was away for three weeks so not too sure what happened during games straight after country carnival!!!

Here's a basic run down.

20/6/2009
    Bunbury V Margaret River Bunbury (Hay Park)
    - Bunbury one this encounter with a hard fought win. Not sure of exact score!!!
    27/6/2009
    Dunsborough V Bunbury Dunsborough
    - Bunbury were low on numbers (9 players to be exact) ended up playing 10s on a field that looked like a lake. Best moment was dunsborough player sliding over try line on his back and being unable to ground the ball as the 4 inches of water just kept on carrying him over the dead ball line!
    Collie vs Margs
    - With a resurgent Margs turning up with good numbers they put 40 points on Collie to take out the win.
    4/7/2009
    Bunbury V Collie Bunbury (Hay Park)
    - another fierce encounter between these too side seperated by only 2 points after Collie missed a conversion after the siren. this game was a bit of a haze for myself and just flew in that morning from two weeks partying in thailand!
    Dunsborough V Margs
    - Dunsborough won.
    18/7/2009
    Margaret River V Bunbury Margaret River
    - Unfortunately Bunbury again struggled for numbers away although ended up with 14 which was a fantastic turn out with a beldisloe game and thunderstorm weather. Was a close battle until half time with bunbury putting a good effort to stay in touch 5-0 going into the break. Margs ran away with the game in the second half as playing 14 men to 15 took a toll on our fitness levels. Margs ended up winning 25-0 too secure a bonus point and keep their chances of a finals appearance alive.
    Dunsborough V Collie
    - Collie forfeited so 25-0 win to Dungbeetles.
    25/7/2009
    Bunbury V Dunsborough Bunbury (hay Park)
    - Well well well.... What a difference a week can make plus a home game plus a full squad. In the upset of the year the Bunbury City Bulls defeated the undefeated Dunsbrough side 15-7. In a great showcase of SW Rugby the Bulls came out firing and rattled the Dungbeetles game plan early. Showing Great forward play and the ability to keep the ball alive saw the Bulls go into half time leading 10-0. The bulls again came out firing at the start of the first half to agian score out wide to lead 15-0 with 25 mins to go. The bulls then showed great determination and defence to keep out the Dungbeetles and restrict to only one try to take out a memorable victory!!!

Margs V Collie
    - Collie forfeited away for the second game in a row 25-0 win for margs.

Upcoming Matches

1/8/09

Collie v Bunbury (Collie)
    - A must win game for the Bulls to ensure their place in the Grand Final in only the clubs second year. I am sure Collie will have plenty of numbers for a home game against Bunbury. I predict another firey encounter with the Bulls taking out the game by 5 points to secure a grand final berth.

Margs V Dunsborough (Margs)
    - should be an intersting game with the dungbeetles expected to be fired up after their first loss of the season agiants the bulls! Margs need to win this game to keep their chances alive inthe grand final race. Dunsborough by 10.

8/8/2009

Margaret River V Bunbury Margaret River
    - Depending how results go this could either be a dead rubber or a do or die clash. I predict it will be a dead rubber with Bunbury winning and Margs losing the week before. However depending on results Bunbury will either need a win this game to secure a place in the Grand Final or not lose and give margs a bonus point.

Dunsborough V Collie Dunsbourgh
    - Will more then likely be another dead rubber and being in Dunsborough, Collie will more then likely forfeit.

22/8/2009
    Grand Final

The ladder as it stands with two rounds to go is:

round 8

p w l d bp p tp

duns 8 7 1 0 6 28 34

bun 8 4 4 0 1 16 17

mr 8 3 5 0 4 12 16

collie 8 2 6 0 3 8 11

Last edited by BaldCunus; 31-07-09 at 10:19.
    "The only trophy we won this day, was the blood and sweat we left on the pitch.... and it was enough"

"Rugby may have many problems, but the gravest is undoubtedly that of the persistence of summer."
    Chris Laidlaw, New Zealand rugby player and sportswriter. Mud in Your Eye: A Worm's Eye View of the Changing World of Rugby (I 973).

Champion
    vCash
    Bump

Senior Player Contributor WaterBoy's Avatar
    vCash
    I went down to Margaret River on the weekend to watch Dunsborough play Margs. At one point Margs were hitting hard to get a try and during the aftermath there were 3 Margs players having trouble getting up, they deserved that try as they fought hard for it.
    Good game although the uncontested scrums were a bit of a let down and the crowd was a bit thin on the Margs side.
    Dunsborough won but i can't remember the score, I was too busy taking photos to notice.

Discovered that the Dung Beetles have a website (I couldn't find a Margs one)http://www.dunsboroughdungbeetles.com/

Got to love the 'member profiles', have a look...

http://www.dunsboroughdungbeetles.com/ Don't seem to have a webpage anymore so go to https://www.facebook.com/Dunsborough...tlesRugbyClub/

vCash
    nice photos waterboy and thanks for the link

<>

vCash
    hope to see you down in dunsborough on the 22nd waterboy for Bulls vs Dungbeetles GF!!!

Bulls also have a website www.bunburybulls.rugbynet.com.au

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3