Bunbury Bulls 19 d Margaret River 6

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

Senior Player Contributor WaterBoy's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ethicist View Post
    I heard rumors that Dunsborough won because Collie forfeited. TBC
    Bunbury Bulls 19 d Margaret River 6
    Yes Collie forfeited(I spoke to a Dungbeetle today) looks like the Bulls did well. I think Dunsborough were quite disappointed with that result even if it were a win.

BTW which Bunbury team is in the Metro Competition? I think they are in 3rd Grade Gold

vCash
    The Bunbury Barbarians play in the metro comp.

vCash
    Bunbury Bulls brilliant
    6/05/2009 9:44:00 AM
    RUGBY: The Bunbury Bulls had an outstanding start to their second year in the South West Rugby Union League by beating reigning premiers Margaret River 19 to 6 at Hay Park on Saturday.
    In a high standard match with few turnovers, both teams were continually able to feed their backs from set pieces and from rucks and mauls.

The difference in the end was the Bulls defensive abilities which prevented the visitors from turning dangerous and threatening positions into tries.

Rob McKay ran in two tries for the Bulls and Kevin Carlson also crossed the line. They also scored one conversion.

Captain, coach and president Steve Gann founded the club last year after he decided Bunbury needed a presence in the South West league.

Gann said he hopes the boys would continue to improve in their second year after struggling on field last year.

“I’m not too fussed about winning the competition. I really want to see guys enjoying rugby and being more competitive,” Gann said.

Gann is a big presence in local rugby circles with more than two decades experience under his belt including time coaching and playing with the Barbarians and touch rugby competition.

The Bulls train each Tuesday at Hay Park and they play in Dunsborough this Saturday.

The juniors have their first run this weekend.

http://bunbury.yourguide.com.au/news...t/1505824.aspx

Collie forfeited against Dunsborough in the other game.

In other news the Bulls held their first ever junior rego day on Saturday and had 50+ kids sign up from under 8s through to under 15s!!! All credit goes to the Ethicist for coming on board this year and organising the kids!!!

---------- Post added at 16:10 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

Round Two of the South West Competition sees another two exciting games.

Last years grand finalists and premiers for 3 out of the last 5 years Dunsborugh travel to Bunbury to take on a Bulls side brimming with confidence after taking first ever win in the SW Comp over last years premiers Margs. With a brand new scrum machine the Bunbury Pack should be strong and confident against a awesome front row from Dunsborugh. Another test for the resurgent Bulls who will be tested by a fresh Dungbeetles side. Bulls by 10.

Margs travel to Collie on the weekend with both sides struggling for numbers in round one. Collie should have the numbers for a home game and change of shift. Margs may be looking down the barrell of two in a row. lets hope they show up with numbers and a good contest is had. Collie by 15.

Table after Round One:

Dunsborough 5
    Bunbury 4
    Margs 0
    Collie 0

Last edited by BaldCunus; 12-05-09 at 16:53.
    "The only trophy we won this day, was the blood and sweat we left on the pitch.... and it was enough"

"Rugby may have many problems, but the gravest is undoubtedly that of the persistence of summer."
    Chris Laidlaw, New Zealand rugby player and sportswriter. Mud in Your Eye: A Worm's Eye View of the Changing World of Rugby (I 973).

vCash
    Nice write up thanks very much.
    How come the team to win by forfeit gets top of the ladder without touching the ground?

Good luck against the Dungbeetles sounds like it will be a good game.

vCash
    Basically if win by forfeit get bonus point aswell... counts as 25-0 win.

"The only trophy we won this day, was the blood and sweat we left on the pitch.... and it was enough"

"Rugby may have many problems, but the gravest is undoubtedly that of the persistence of summer."
    Chris Laidlaw, New Zealand rugby player and sportswriter. Mud in Your Eye: A Worm's Eye View of the Changing World of Rugby (I 973).

Player
    vCash
    Regarding the upcoming Country Carnival in Esperance. i'm an ex-Randwick Colt who is looking to trial for the WA Country side. I had some correspondence from Ray Mills. Can anyone give me a idea as how to get in contact with either him or someone that can help me. Living in Karratha there isn't a team I can play in.

vCash
    The only thing i can think of is on the Rugby WA website trying on of the contacts on this page http://www.rugbywa.com.au/rugbywa/st...gby,54428.html

But i am not sure if the Country Carnival is actually a City vs Country comp i think it is just all the country sides competing over a weekend. You may have to find a country side that needs a player for the carnival. The contact details of Counrty clubs are on the Rugby WA website in the find a club section.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Class View Post
    Regarding the upcoming Country Carnival in Esperance. i'm an ex-Randwick Colt who is looking to trial for the WA Country side. I had some correspondence from Ray Mills. Can anyone give me a idea as how to get in contact with either him or someone that can help me. Living in Karratha there isn't a team I can play in.
    You can play for us.
    We'll have you for the season as well
    I'll get you a job, what do you do in Karratha? I'll find you a better paying job, we'll get you hot women, I'll take you fishing.
    Karratha is a hole. Move south

vCash
    You can play for us.
    We'll have you for the season as well
    I'll get you a job, what do you do in Karratha? I'll find you a better paying job, we'll get you hot women, I'll take you fishing.
    Karratha is a hole. Move south
    are you an ex Brumbies administrator?

C'mon the

vCash
    we'll get you hot women

Where from? Busselton? Dunsborough?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lmaag View Post
    Where from? Busselton? Dunsborough?
    My net casts far and wide

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    My net casts far and wide
    Collie?

vCash
    gday all,

SW Competition Ladder as of round 2.

p w l bp p
    duns 2 2 0 2 10
    collie 2 1 1 1 5
    bun 2 1 1 0 4
    mr 2 0 2 0 0

the results were bun 8 v duns 28
    collie 41 v mr 15

Bunbury and Dunsborough both had around 20 players for the weekend which is fantastic (Dont know what happened to Dunsbourough in the preseason as they were struggling for numbers, Now they have plenty!!!). the other fixture was played as a 10 a side match with each side having only 12-13 players.

This weekend sees Bunbury travel to Collie (to check out some of the girls TG) and again should have plenty of numbers. Hopefully Collie manage to get some numbers together for the early kickoff. Dunsborugh host margs who should have more numbers then last week being a little closer to home. Should be a good round of hard fought matches with the comp breaking for three weeks after this round in preperation for country carnival over the June Long weekend.

Predictions for round 3 - Bunbury by 10. Dunsborugh by 20.

All this means nothing however as the round highlights will be the first ever hit out between The Ethicist's Junior Bulls Under 12s and 15s take on LMaag's Busso Jets Mob. An historic occasion in the SW with the future stars of the SW Comp having a run!!! Good Luck All.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast