Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How will the Western Force go in the APC?

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

Question How will the Western Force go in the APC?

I'm thinking that with all the injuries we've had, our team won;t suffer much with their Wallabies players on tour ...

Do you think Force have a chance in the APC?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Yesterday I saw Connolly quoted as saying there would be up to four Force players in the Wallaby Squad for the Bundaberg Series and Tri Nations. You would assume that to be Sharpe, Fava, Fitter and one of Shepherd, Ioane, Staniforth, Henjak, Cannon or a roughie. This leaves twenty nine players to come from the other three teams.
    Without these players we are left with a team not far off what we are playing with already, but with a full S14 under their belts.
    With the return of MacKay and Vedalago I think we will actually be very competitive.
    I would lean to coming third of the four but giving everyone a good touch up.
    My tip is the Force, Brumbies and Waratahs will go 4 wins, 2 losses and, without their stars, the Reds will go winless. This will come down to percentage then to make the two horse final.
    We have a very handy start with the Tahs and Reds at home for a great confidence boost if we get those two wins.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I reckon we might actually take this out......by the time you take out all the wallabies we will be up against the lower depths of the provinces who will have had no where near as much game time as our guys for the year...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    does anyone have any idea how our memberships are going to go with playing at member equity??

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I think we get priority purchase Gerry. It isn't included in the price as the APC was formed after the membership drive started.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I reckon we will win 2 - I just hope one of them is against the Tahs in Sydney so i can beat up Sage after

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile
    I reckon we will win 2 - I just hope one of them is against the Tahs in Sydney so i can beat up Sage after

Can I help?

vCash
    don't worry Sage, I got your back

vCash
    Loser buys the pints mate... Loser buys the pints.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    Hehe, cheers mate.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagerian
    Loser buys the pints mate... Loser buys the pints.
    Deal.

Can you still hook me up for tickets?

Exile
    Sydney

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    OK,

Deal again!

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    I'm having difficulties with the new APC competition being basically a re-hash of the Oz S14 teams without their Wallaby stars. If the purpose is to bridge the gap between metropolitan competitions and S14 level , then why repeat the S14 format? Why think in terms of State teams when its supposed to be 'provinces' by definition ? In other countries, this means regions not states.
    At the same time, the PI counties will be selecting thier national teams for the upcoming Pacfic 6 Nations tournament, a great idea for PI + including Japan & Junior NZ.
    This will involve the Fijian, Samoan, Tongan A & B teams in lead-up games, belting the tripe out of each other to be selected in the national team.
    Wouldn't it be better for this 'triping' to be done against Oz regional teams, in an Oceanic Regional Conference held during the months of June-July, including teams from PNG, Vanuatu, Solomons etc.
    By its nature, it would elicit the same following as 7's tournaments, with the games held in Oz centres. A 'pool' concept of 3 teams apiece would allow progressions , so that the PI teams could get on with their P6 tournament. While the teams are assembled , consolation plate games can be played eg WA Country vs PNG A , Tonga B vs Nth Qld . Would fans go to these games ? If they were played in regional centres - of course !
    The aims of APC would be achieved, Oceanic teams will draw crowds + showcase their talent for S14 scouts , as would the Oz regions.
    Each Oz State could run a pool , which altered each year in its visiting teams or team. Oz players get to step up a level from metro teams, and play against other state regions + PI teams. What could be better for developing Oz Rugby.
    In capitalizing on S14 teams , their strength ,organization and travelling expertise is best utilized by servicing our other southern hemisphere rugby friends , the South Americans , with a tour of Argentina , Chile,Paraguay,Brazil , like the Reds have already done. It could be formalised into an 'over the pole' tournament during June-July. Would fans pay to see that? How many Sth Americans also dwell here now? Lots. Maybe the champion club of each country would be a good match for our S14 teams. It would add impetus to the Sth Am comps as well.

vCash
    Deal.

Can you still hook me up for tickets?
    Of course.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticBalls
    I'm having difficulties with the new APC competition being basically a re-hash of the Oz S14 teams without their Wallaby stars. If the purpose is to bridge the gap between metropolitan competitions and S14 level , then why repeat the S14 format? Why think in terms of State teams when its supposed to be 'provinces' by definition ? In other countries, this means regions not states.
    At the same time, the PI counties will be selecting thier national teams for the upcoming Pacfic 6 Nations tournament, a great idea for PI + including Japan & Junior NZ.
    This will involve the Fijian, Samoan, Tongan A & B teams in lead-up games, belting the tripe out of each other to be selected in the national team.
    Wouldn't it be better for this 'triping' to be done against Oz regional teams, in an Oceanic Regional Conference held during the months of June-July, including teams from PNG, Vanuatu, Solomons etc.
    By its nature, it would elicit the same following as 7's tournaments, with the games held in Oz centres. A 'pool' concept of 3 teams apiece would allow progressions , so that the PI teams could get on with their P6 tournament. While the teams are assembled , consolation plate games can be played eg WA Country vs PNG A , Tonga B vs Nth Qld . Would fans go to these games ? If they were played in regional centres - of course !
    The aims of APC would be achieved, Oceanic teams will draw crowds + showcase their talent for S14 scouts , as would the Oz regions.
    Each Oz State could run a pool , which altered each year in its visiting teams or team. Oz players get to step up a level from metro teams, and play against other state regions + PI teams. What could be better for developing Oz Rugby.
    In capitalizing on S14 teams , their strength ,organization and travelling expertise is best utilized by servicing our other southern hemisphere rugby friends , the South Americans , with a tour of Argentina , Chile,Paraguay,Brazil , like the Reds have already done. It could be formalised into an 'over the pole' tournament during June-July. Would fans pay to see that? How many Sth Americans also dwell here now? Lots. Maybe the champion club of each country would be a good match for our S14 teams. It would add impetus to the Sth Am comps as well.
    Hey My'Balls ,you got some good ideas but we have to learn to walk first..........you got any of that gear left?

Just happy to be here

vCash
    what is all this talk about member equity??? r the force playin home games there from now on??? if so thats soooo bad! wot happend 2 the whole we will build a world class stadium thingo!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast