Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Don't shoot down our finals chances: Mitchell

vCash
    I've seen nothing yet that makes me worry about the Rabbit, he's shown that he can tackle the biggest of blokes effectively....yeah, he doesn't always wrap up the ball, because he knows at his weight to tackle everybody low, but he sure isn't a turnstile!

I'd be more worried about Nonu, who won't be offloading till late, opening him up for the second man to smash him while Rabbit's got him by the knees.....look for some big hits by Browny this week!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    James O’Connor’s defense was good last weekend but I see the problem is with 2 small players side by side, Giteau and O’Connor. Larger centres, loosie & fullbacks will target that corridor and to wear down the ball players. The Sharks did this against the Force a few weeks ago (notably Gits)... JOC doesn't back down but Brown will need to get in that zone to support the boys so they have plenty of energy ready to attack.

Weepu is not quick so Gits and O’Connor could leave him troubled, additionally Nonu is lazy defensively and often goes for the big hit leaving holes in the defensive line. I expect Giteau will be all over this feature of Nonu’s game. While Nonu is big (well wide), Conrad Smith is not so large, perhaps Cross could swap with JOC sometimes perhaps (opposition feed come Scrum time)... The Hurricanes lost the second half against the Sharks they'll see themselves as a good chance... but the Force's team win last weekend is something strong the build on... and o injuries is positive and could start the same squad...

I was very impressed by O’Connor’s game, I thought it was the best I've seen him in, so I'm looking forward to see him at 12 again week 9...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2