Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Bok key to O'Connor's Force plans

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    If you mean Grant specifically, I'd probably agree - the thrust of the article for mine was just that O'Connor didn't want the job. But it would be interesting to see what happens the first time the ARU does block a marquee player for any team, as the obvious response is going to be "Fine, then instruct the team keeping your fourth choice on the bench to release him to us". Whole new fight then.
    NSW have already been blocked, they tried to sign a South African lock(cant remember name) but were refused because he was 29 and they didnt think he would contribute.

potentially more players have been blocked as well, teams may have just kept the deals in-house though

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Those who are the best at what they do, frequently have served the best apprenticeship under a true master in their chosen professional…

What's more a true master is only interested in a worthy apprentice…

You only get one opportunity to learn a trade: at the beginning...

grasshoppers…

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    You only get one opportunity to learn a trade:
    That's not exactly true. A mate of mine did a mechanics apprenticeship starting at 16. He finished his time then went off doing other things for 20 years. When he was 42 he went and did his ticket again as a mature age apprentice. He's been working as a mechanic ever since.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    That's not exactly true. A mate of mine did a mechanics apprenticeship starting at 16. He finished his time then went off doing other things for 20 years. When he was 42 he went and did his ticket again as a mature age apprentice. He's been working as a mechanic ever since.
    But Is he at the top of his trade?

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm happy with the work he's done for me.

He's on a shed load a year and is a leading hand where he works.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    NSW have already been blocked, they tried to sign a South African lock(cant remember name) but were refused because he was 29 and they didnt think he would contribute.

potentially more players have been blocked as well, teams may have just kept the deals in-house though
    Anton van Zyl.

Anton van Zyl is, in my opinion, not nearly as good as Dean Mumm and probably no better than Will Caldwell. So why not have that bench spot open for a guy like Chris Thomson?

I don't think you can argue TOCC that the Force recruited Castle due to lack of propping stocks. Ben Castle makes one more this year than we had last year.

We Force fans would love to have James Hilgendorf come back or perhaps someone like Julian Huxley to come in as a fly-half but it just isn't going to happen. We'd love to snatch Berrick Barnes off the Reds but it isn't going to happen. There are almost no options of an Australian fly-half who is ready for a full-time 10 gig. I want to see Daruda get more game time and I hope he does both this year and beyond but the squad needs two in case of injury.

Peter Grant is then the next best option. He isn't in the mould of South African fly-halves and he seems to actually really want to be in Perth. It's not ideal but unless you can come up with any better ideas... Australia's distinct weakness at 5/8 is being covered by the development of Quade Cooper and Kurtley Beale (may he never put on a Wallabies jersey).

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4