Thread: West Australian News Paper Shame!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash

West Australian News Paper Shame!

After picking up the West Australian paper on Saturday I was pleased beyond measure to see that they had finally acknowledged the fact that we have world cup winning player’s in our country and no less importantly from our state. Especially when some of these players are Western Australian born and bred!

The victorious Women who won the inaugural world cup in Dubai were finally getting some recognition for their efforts they deserve all be it very late in the piece (that particular competition finished 4 weeks ago). But low and behold after they have also gone on to win the prestigious Honkers tournament I picked up the paper this morning and looked in the rugby section and there is no mention of them again being all conquering only the fact that the MENS FIJI team won their competition.

Where is the priority West Australian I see AFL made an unprecedented amount of pages well done! You do realise our West Australian teams LOST!!!!!

Do they in there infinite wisdom realise that the IRB is currently courting the Olympic committee to have 7’s added into the games? If successful I guess then if these same women won an Olympic gold medal their AFL sports writers will be fawning over these girls and spouting about them being international sporting heroes. Something their beloved AFL players can never aspire to!

West Australian you are to late these girls are already International sporting Heroes you just haven’t given them the recognition they deserve! Shame!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    here here
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    The Worst, a great paper to wipe your arse or clean up vomit

vCash
    Better late than never. Iron Ore train drivers are nice people. Apparently a couple of them are good looking too.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    you expected more?

<>

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RuckNMaul View Post
    you expected more?
    I hope for better. High expectations I know!

Just had to have a rant especially when all I am hearing today at work is how freo's loss wasn’t as bad as the eagles and vice versa

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lmaag View Post
    The Worst, a great paper to wipe your arse or clean up vomit
    I have it under my home brew in case a couple of bottles burst. See it is useful

vCash
    a) We're talking about people playing rugby, and that's not part of the 'western australian culture'

b) We're talking about women playing rugby, and the only women sportspeople who get any real coverage are those with a perchant for getting their kit off at every available oppportunity.

Even if rugby does make the Olympics and the girls come home with gold medals, they'll be feted for about a day before going back to life as it was- anyone in an 'obscure' Olympic sport faces that same fate. It's not like it's really a West Australian phenonenom.

I totally agree with everything you've written btw SGR- I guess I'm just too far beyond expecting any better.

Last edited by Swee_82; 30-03-09 at 09:10.