Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Who is left?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    See this is part of the problem, Daruda is all of 23 and people are calling for game time before his career is over! 23 year olds should be dominating the club scene and leading a provincial team, ready to step up to Super Rugby and the Test arena.
    There is always this expectation of instant success.
    Sure there are some who are good enough as a teenager but we would be far better off with more mature players in the elite positions, it is getting ridiculous.
    well it is a juggling act, but at the end of the day, players arent going to sit on the bench forever and be happy with that. He is 23 now, he has been in the professional rugby scene for 5 years now, if he hasnt matured and developed enough by now to warrant a a chance at starting, then its unlikly he ever will.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    I would like to see Daruda play 10 from now on in and push Gits out to 12 and get him to teach scott some finer points drop Crossy and put in Spanner outside Gits

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    An interview in todays West with Valentine says he wants to stay in Perth and playing to get offered a contract.

Veteran
    vCash
    i wouldn't be disappointed with valo staying at the force. He's played well this season, and string some seasons together with the same half will be good for continuity.

vCash
    OUtside of a 5/8 the big areas are tight head and hooker. But what about 2nd row. Will P Oconner get another season or are Sam Wykes and Stanford now the back ups to Sharpie and Hocking? If so that leaves another two backrow spots unless Pusey goes as well.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    OUtside of a 5/8 the big areas are tight head and hooker. But what about 2nd row. Will P Oconner get another season or are Sam Wykes and Stanford now the back ups to Sharpie and Hocking? If so that leaves another two backrow spots unless Pusey goes as well.
    I say give Beef another year at least. Keep Sharpie and Hockings in the front row and just use Wykesy and Stanford as lock/blindsides. That way you have potentially two opensides (Pocock and Hodgson), two No 8s (Brown- if he stays- and Filipe Manu) and two blindside flankers. Then sub them in if and when injuries occur. No worries.

The shopping list is really for a wing, and as you mention a 2, a 3 and a 10. Matt Dunning and Tim Fairbrother have been sounded out as 3's although I don't think I'm the only one who thinks the former would be a bad decision. Not sure of their plans past TPN on the 2 front (unless they can bring someone back from overseas).

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Original list updated.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    2010 will see Josh Tatupu getting plenty of game time. Mark my words!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I guess that raises the question as to where?
    Personally I think Junior is/should be on his last contract, far better than he have been cut adrift around Australia in the last couple of years.
    You would assume Crossie will be staying for the rest of his contract and perhaps a renewal and, if we sign hm then JO'C is the #12 from next year.
    I haven't seen Tatapu open up to know how fast he is, he may have a Staniforth role on one Wing with Cummins on the other and Shep at the Back.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Tatupu seems to be a bit like a young spanner from what I've seen of him. He's certainly a hard ball runner, but has a bit of footwork to loosen up the tackler befor steamrollering him......Given that the Spanner is the most underrated man in Aussie Rugby, Josh might fly under the radar for a few seasons before people realise how bloody good he is.

C'mon the

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3