Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Club Scratch Matches 28 March "09

vCash
    The council tried helping out, they offered us new lighting or seven magic beans...
    Needless to say... we took the beans.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

vCash
    Beans won you a premiership

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Forty seven in squad tonight. A big improvement.

Heard a few of stories at training tonight. One was that the Wanneroo coach attended the Soaks/ Pally trial last weekend and video taped it. Seriously. How effing sad. Sadder, when you think that his own team were playing a scratch match against Perth at the same time ...

Another was that Cott are in deep doo doos numbers wise.

A third was that Southern Lions are moving to a new venue in Beeliar next season. Obviously, as Murdoch Uni had a team in their own right in the sevens, they are now looking to claim their territory back.

I may have to revise my opinion of who will be the team to beat this year, Uni have apparently done a Kalamunda and bought themselves THE Super Team.

Palmyra have sufficient numbers for two under 18 Colts sides. Will they have the balls to enter two teams and will the Union let them?

It's official. Nedlands now have complete control of the RugbyWA fixtures and dictate to the Union who they wish to play, when, and under what conditions.

vCash
    Was it 2006 when UNI last bought a "SUPER" team and went through the first round unbeaten, then only won two games in the second round and didn't make the finals?
    Even if they have bought a super team they'll still be lacking any quality local players to back them up.
    Who is there coach these days?

Last edited by Action Hardcore; 27-03-09 at 05:58. Reason: EDITED FOR EXTRA EXTREMENESS!
    when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

Apprentice
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Forty seven in squad tonight. A big improvement.

Heard a few of stories at training tonight. One was that the Wanneroo coach attended the Soaks/ Pally trial last weekend and video taped it. Seriously. How effing sad. Sadder, when you think that his own team were playing a scratch match against Perth at the same time ...

Another was that Cott are in deep doo doos numbers wise.

A third was that Southern Lions are moving to a new venue in Beeliar next season. Obviously, as Murdoch Uni had a team in their own right in the sevens, they are now looking to claim their territory back.

I may have to revise my opinion of who will be the team to beat this year, Uni have apparently done a Kalamunda and bought themselves THE Super Team.

Palmyra have sufficient numbers for two under 18 Colts sides. Will they have the balls to enter two teams and will the Union let them?

It's official. Nedlands now have complete control of the RugbyWA fixtures and dictate to the Union who they wish to play, when, and under what conditions.

hey fulv,

all interesting news..however i can assure you the wanneroo coach was at our own trial.

about uni yeah the have done a number...not only financially, but also staff promising players rep opportunities, hence a number good juniors/academy players floating about... anyway all will be told come april 18th when all the rumours and salacious gossip will have nowhere to hide out on the battle field...

either way shaping up to see be a cracker season...an a few surprises it seems if any of the rumours are true...

also did you hear digby ioane, has signed with wanneroo after the super 14, he has turned down the wallabies, apparently he wants to get some cook island sevens experience..

vCash
    haha nice one roodog!! yeah i am pretty sure i heard elwee's accent being blast across the field at one point, i didnt sight him myself but he was definately there... why would he personally go to another game to videotape it when he can send one of his minions to do the dirty work?

Apprentice
    vCash
    yeah mate you cant miss his voice... "come come!" so whats have neddies done now fulv? but with everything all said and done, can all club please make real concerted effort to hammer the living s%$& out Soaks this year...

vCash
    Elwee was there all right, RooDog. Could well have been before or after your game though. No biggie, just very surprising.

We contacted RugbyWA before Christmas to set up a fixture on a certain date to coincide with our 75th anniversary celebrations. Everything reasonable and approved. Fixtures come out, everything different. Ask why, told it didn't suit Nedlands. WTF?

As far as hammering the bejesus out of Soaks is concerned, nice thought, good luck. Ask Elwee to show you his video.

vCash
    pretty average on Nedlands behalf, always want to make themselves feel like they have the most power out of all the clubs in W.A

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goony View Post
    pretty average on Nedlands behalf, always want to make themselves feel like they have the most power out of all the clubs in W.A
    further examples please

vCash
    Elwee left immediately after the Wanneroo/Perth game finished. The other game was on later in the day. He told me he wouldn't be hanging around to discuss anything that may have come up in the games we did as he was off to watch the others play.

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:33 ----------

Here be what I know, based on the ref allocations:
    (Sorry for the formatting - just copied & pasted without tarting it up)

Rockingham v Palmyra Lark Hill
    4.00pm 4th Grade
    3 x 20 mins
    4.00pm U18s
    4 x 20 mins
    5.15pm 1st/2nd grades
    6 x 20 mins
    Cottesloe v Kalamunda Harvey
    1.30pm 3rd Grade
    3 x 20 mins
    2.45pm U20s
    3 x 20 mins
    4.15pm 1st/2nd Grades
    6 x 20 mins
    University v Wests Subiaco McGillvray
    1.00pm U20s 2 x 30 mins Pitch 1
    2.10pm 3/4 Grades 2 x 30 mins
    3.20pm 1/2 Grades 2 x 30 mins
    4.30pm 1st Grade 2 x 35/40 mins
    3.00pm University 4th Grade v Geraldton McGillvray
    2 x 30 mins Pitch 2
    Perth Bayswater v Nedlands Pat O'Hara
    6.00pm Combined 1st/2nd Pitch 1
    Grades
    6 x 20 mins
    6.00pm Combined 3rd/4th Pitch 2
    Grades
    3 x 20 mins
    1.30pm Perth Bayswater U18s v Associates U18s Pat O'Hara
    2 x 25 mins
    3.00pm Curtin Internal Trial Edinburgh
    5 x 20 mins
    1.30pm U15 Regional Britannia
    State Trials

vCash
    Ever played at neddies on ladies day? Thats a fine day for rugby.

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

vCash
    You're a sleazy individual Action

vCash
    Anyone know if any Force/Academy players will be involved in trials this weekend? I know Soaks had a few, including Daruda, last Saturday, but that can't be an ongoing thing?

Those guys make a big difference to a team, but I can't see the value of using them in trials, when the aim surely must be to look at your own cattle. They will only rarely be available and the clubs can't count on them, can they?

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how many get a run, and for whom.

vCash
    The only one playing for Baysies is lock Brent Murphy

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast