Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Waratahs firm as Drew Mitchell tests market

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Why would his contract be any safer, he'd pay it out in six months and make a million a season playing like a retard in France.
    its a totall different situation, the IRB recognises contracts for rugby union, it doesnt recognise NRL contracts..

Basically, if lote walked out on the ARU, he wouldnt be able to play rugby anywhere.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...rom=public_rss

Mitchell praised Giteau for the way he handled his lengthy contract negotiations and indicated he would follow his lead.

“Obviously I'm pretty close to Matt and I've been speaking to him for a while,” he said.

“Knowing his situation I completely understand it and I wouldn't have done anything different to what he did.

“It was an unfortunate situation Matt got in and I certainly commend the way he handled himself.”

Mitchell admitted joining Giteau in Canberra in 2010 was “an option worth looking at”.

“A big part of my reasoning in coming over here was to play with Matt Giteau,” he said.

“It's going to weigh quite heavily onto my considerations as to what team I'll play with next year.

“For me, my next contract will take me to another World Cup campaign (in 2011) and I want to make sure that I give myself every opportunity to be in the reckoning for selection for that.”

Mitchell said he aimed to make a quick decision after weighing up the direction and program of prospective suitors but denied playing fullback over wing would be a major factor.

Rookie
    vCash
    does mitchell actually want to play fullback?
    there is alot of people saying he isnt good there, but has he said thats were he wants to play?

there is alot of old posts here of people who love drew and want him to stay, but you all seem to have turned on him rather quickly when he hasnt signed anything yet!

i hope he stays! maybe they could switch drew and sheps during games so they both get a chance, sheps was great on the wing when they played in canberra, maybe they can share the back three and all interchange. i reckon we have a great team if everyone stays!

vCash
    mitchell did indicate his preference for fullback when he came over but i believe the lure of playing with giteau and the money were enough on their own...

vCash
    In his contract when he first came here he signed to play fullback for the first season I'm pretty sure... No idea why else we kept him there for 13 games!

He's said a few times 15 is his preferred position, but if he wants any shot at adding to his Wallaby total then he should stay at on the wing, and the place where he is all but guarenteed a starting wing jumper and has the best back 3 (apart from maybe the Reds) is at the the Force of course (Shepard and Cummins, how could you say no to that!?) Are you listening to this Drew??

Last edited by robyn <3; 26-03-09 at 18:58. Reason: Add more stuff

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Apart from money, the main thing that motivates D. Mitchell is playing in a team that will make him look better than his mediocre talents would otherwise suggest (sorry Robyn, that's just the way I see it).

He left the Reds when they failed to make him shine and now he senses the same problems at the Force, so he will again hit the eject button.

Of course he is deluded if he thinks the sky blue handbag swingers will make him look any good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    Apart from money, the main thing that motivates D. Mitchell is playing in a team that will make him look better than his mediocre talents would otherwise suggest (sorry Robyn, that's just the way I see it).

He left the Reds when they failed to make him shine and now he senses the same problems at the Force, so he will again hit the eject button.

Of course he is deluded if he thinks the sky blue handbag swingers will make him look any good.
    Thats ok. I kinda see where you are coming from.. But at the Reds his Wallaby shots were a little off. But then I guess they are now, but he's underperforming like hell! He's got a pretty wallaby-ish backline here, while the tahs have boys of the future like Horne and Turner and co...

Exactly (last point)! He should stay. Everywhere has wingers and if he wants to be a wallaby then he shouldn't be playing 15! Someone point Drew at this thread, if he's signed at the tahs then the White Wendell name fits - he's on something funny!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6