Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Force Squad Announced for "Pink" Sharks Clash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TraceTrace View Post
    Good line-up! It's a shame about Brownie - I thought he'd be fit enough for this weekend's game but obviously not. Has there been any update on his injury - is he still injured, or just not match fit enough yet?
    They said they don't want to risk playing him, so they're resting him this week, plus next week we've got a bye, so that gives him 2 weeks to fully recover.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to ..........."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    Alright, alot of comments of this persuasion went through to the keeper when the 'Ladies Day' game was announced BUT....

EWF was charity partners with the Prostate Cancer Foundation for the last 2 years and put alot of work into selling merchandise and organising tin-rattlers for the "Shave Dave" game last year, as well as promoting the website to donate directly to the head-shaving fund. Maybe they just learnt some lessons in that experience and are making an even bigger show in their charity game this year.

Can we please stop playing the "which cancer deserves more support" game and get on with supporting our boys in pink and the BCFWA?
    Hear Hear Swee, speaking as a cancer victim (twice actually) I don't give a shit which cancer charity they support, seriously, If the BCFWA find the cure and Breast Cancer is no longer an issue, they'll donate everything they've got to beating the next one........donate big people (and go the Force)

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    Alright, alot of comments of this persuasion went through to the keeper when the 'Ladies Day' game was announced BUT....

EWF was charity partners with the Prostate Cancer Foundation for the last 2 years and put alot of work into selling merchandise and organising tin-rattlers for the "Shave Dave" game last year, as well as promoting the website to donate directly to the head-shaving fund. Maybe they just learnt some lessons in that experience and are making an even bigger show in their charity game this year.

Can we please stop playing the "which cancer deserves more support" game and get on with supporting our boys in pink and the BCFWA?

P.S. YAY FOR SPANNER!
    SWEE you missed my point,its not the money support that I'm talking about,but it is the exposure that prostate cancer needs.All over australia BC gets the exposure it needs but unfortunately PC doesnot recieve the same level of exposure ,and yet there are just as many men die from PC as women do BC.
    This exposure has done wonders for women as more and more women are getting tested every year.We need to encourage more men to get tested.

BUt I will agree on one thing....go spanner

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Right, far be it for me to defend the Backs, but anyone who thinks you can hide a player at Fullback either from defensive duties or physicality honestly does not know what they are talking about.

Fullbacks are the last line and more often than not are tackling on their own on a rampaging Backrow or Centre. In attack, when not kicking they are at full speed hitting the contact.

JO'C has shown and earned respect for his tackling abilities on far bigger opponents than he and it would be a fool who thought he was somehow being shielded.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    but unfortunately PC doesnot recieve the same level of exposure ,and yet there are just as many men die from PC as women do BC.

We need to encourage more men to get tested.
    You're yet to be a member of TWF during the month of Movember - a whole month dedicated to PC on TWF, not just teh few days BCFWA gets ..

vCash
    Did somebody suggest Rabbit was being hidden at fullback?

That's insane, I reckon Jimmy's being offered an opportunity to introduce more independence and creativity to the game, If anything, fullback will be a step up for the lad over playing 12 outside Giteau.

He's not only going to be expected to do the bulk of the tactical, defensive kicking, tidy up in cover defence, tackle any bastard who successfully breaks the line and organise the back three, he'll also be required to inject himself into the attack at the appropriate moment to make the big break and either score himself, or set it up.

Fullback is very much the second #10 on any team!

C'mon the

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    JOC at fullback will be interesting and should allow him to polish up on his tactical kicking which he has not been able to demonstrate regularly at 12. It should also highlight any deficiencies with his tactical thinking and if he does stay around next year and play 10 an inkling into what to expect of him!

Also it will give Mr Deans another option later in the year for fullback because to be honest IMHO the best in the country at the moment is Gerrard and if we don’t have more options we will again see sky high bombs from Ashley two dads to no one in particular accept of course the opposition!

vCash
    I hope the pink jerseys dont make it easier for the ......
    I hope this doesnt mean the boys are going to be playing one of their coming from behind games!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Given that bowel cancer is the most common internal cancer, affects both sexes and gets very little profile at all, perhaps the lads should be wearing brown to take on the opposition a...holes.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Did somebody suggest Rabbit was being hidden at fullback?

That's insane, !
    Yes...an expurt.

vCash
    SHARKS TEAM:
    Sharks: Stefan Terblanche, Odwa Ndungane, Adrian Jacobs, Riaan Swanepoel, JP Pietersen, Frans Steyn, Rory Kockott, Ryan Kankowski, Keegan Daniel, Jacques Botes, Johann Muller (captain), Steven Sykes, Jannie du Plessis, John Smit, Deon Carstens.

Bench: Bismarck du Plessis, Tendai Mtwarira, Albert van den Berg, Justin Downey, Ross Cronje, Monty Dumond, Luzuko Vulindlu.

http://supersport.co.za/rugby/articl...oker&id=292827

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lara93 View Post
    SHARKS TEAM:
    Sharks: Stefan Terblanche, Odwa Ndungane, Adrian Jacobs, Riaan Swanepoel, JP Pietersen, Frans Steyn, Rory Kockott, Ryan Kankowski, Keegan Daniel, Jacques Botes, Johann Muller (captain), Steven Sykes, Jannie du Plessis, John Smit, Deon Carstens.

Bench: Bismarck du Plessis, Tendai Mtwarira, Albert van den Berg, Justin Downey, Ross Cronje, Monty Dumond, Luzuko Vulindlu.

http://supersport.co.za/rugby/articl...oker&id=292827
    There are a few names there I don't recognise. Moving Smit to 2 to get rid of duPlessis thank god I want my team of the pitch on one piece not trodden/hit/bitten into the pitch God I hate Bismark! I don't know Carstens or Sykes or Botes or Swanepoel... But the other guys are strong. Terblanche v O'Connor at fullback now THAT'S something I'd like to see!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    God I hate Bismark
    i dont!

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    Huzzah Spanner...good to JOC on the field...Drew now needs to learn how to score tries from the wing again (my advice is to ask Gits where he wants you)

I thought Ben Castle was injured?

coz Stone Cold says so

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold View Post
    I thought Ben Castle was injured?

he was given the all clear

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2