Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why people join to stir?

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash

Why people join to stir?

Why people join to stir?......It's a question I have asked myself on several occasions.

I'm a Force supporter and passionate about them. I know we have faults and weaknesses as do other teams but I reckon we are doing pretty well considering all that has happened in our infant years. I'm critical at times, almost scathing but that is my right as a supporter and I believe we should all be allowed to do this on occasion. However, we are Force supporters and being so we come together on game day and love and support our team and all the players playing. It's the way it is.

Now, why would I go onto some other team’s supporters site to stir the pot and generally be a nuisance. I suggest in some cases it's immaturity, others it's because of lack of intelligence and they follow like a lamb. But that leaves the remaining few. I have to admit some of these pests appear to be intelligent and weigh in with smart and witty comments. I have even seen, on occasion, intelligent debate from some of them. But I'm afraid this does not last long.

The core perpetrators are here for other reasons. They openly slag us on other sites and talk about going on fishing trips and having fun at our expense. Now, most of us could bring ourselves down to that level and spend our time bagging, slagging and generally being a nuisance. Fortunately most of us are not like that. We have banter, craic, informative debate and even the odd fight like any family would. But that is what we are, a family.

I still do not know the answer to the question but I'm pretty sure it has something akin to people who scratch my car because it is better than theirs. Or people when not included in something good they will find fault in everything that is there. But this all comes down to the fundamental reason being jealousy, which is an immature emotion.

So, my point is. Why feed these people? They are here to spoil, brag, slag and essentially break the thing we have. All that happens when you respond to them is that it inflates their immature egos and gives them some sort of perceived power over you. Maybe this is the only power they have in their lives? I don't know, but please take heed and ignore them for they are nothing but little boys with little toys.

Go The Force

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Just happy to be here

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    I don't mind supporters of other teams joining in with constructive debate and some light hearted fun, but it gets a bit much when things are constantly childish.
    Ignoring the childish crap and staying on topic is the easiest defence.

vCash
    I wish they'd piss off, TOCC is the only one who has sensible things to say. He can stay but as for the others I've already said it.

vCash
    for me personally, I was reading stuff here long before quokka-gate ... not as a force fan, but as someone who is interested in Rugby and interested in what's going on with the other australian teams.

when quokka-gate happened, i thought it would be kinda funny to sign up as 'innocent quokka'. I sometimes like to bring a bit of humour into things especially when I think people are taking the situation too seriously.

I don't post here heaps. I read stuff a bit and occasionally praise or smite people for the heck of it.

vCash
    They need to get lives!

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Family in - In laws out.

Well said old chap.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    I wish they'd piss off, TOCC is the only one who has sensible things to say. He can stay but as for the others I've already said it.
    What about me? Do I have to go too?

vCash
    I would have generally applied the "on yer bike mate" to the eastern prophets and leaders.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I actually enjoy HeyZeus and Moses. Moses is a good bloke and good to have a chat with. WJ on the other hand has 2 sides. there is the thoughtful WJ who has some great stuff to offer - and every now and then, this other guy slips in and goes and stuffs all the good work.

Mudslinger is a fisherman - a very good fisherman.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    I suspect we are being a tad over sensitive. I support the Force but more passionate about the game generally.
    I enjoy what all contributors have to say, even if it is posted by supporters of other teams including WJ and Mudskipper. I suppose I like all here because they like rugby, with this in mind, deep down inside, they must be good people.

vCash
    I also enjoy the input of our eastern fishermen at times, if I want to join in I do. If I don't then it's up to me to ignore it.
    I think it was Normie that posted a cartoon last week which depicted someone getting their back up about something being posted on the internet that was wrong. It was very appropriate. Everyone seems to take what are essentially conversations online very seriously at times (at least I have) I think it's because they are in writing.

vCash
    Yo Cowboy, Registration day 14th 11 Oclock Lou Weston, see you there!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    It's a game, for God's sake!

It's only a serious issue in the narrow confines of that small part of our lives which encompasses our support of rugby and the Force in particular. A part of our recreational activities.

For the other 99% of our existence, the important part, we would all probably get on well together irrespective of which club, or indeed, code, we follow.

If some here, or no longer here, become in our subjective view obstreperous, ignore their posts, deny them oxygen; they will go away or only vent their idiocies with the like minded who no doubt enjoy it.

When in our ordinary (non TWF) lives we get to the stage of banning those who have different opinions to us, no matter how silly, malevolent, or mischievous those opinions are, we head towards a dictatorship, and dictatorship by a majority can be no less oppressive than the dictatorship of one.

I enjoy my freedom to be an idiot. I therefore don't seek to deprive others of the same privilege.

vCash
    No worries coach

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    It's a game, for God's sake!

It's only a serious issue in the narrow confines of that small part of our lives which encompasses our support of rugby and the Force in particular. A part of our recreational activities.

For the other 99% of our existence, the important part, we would all probably get on well together irrespective of which club, or indeed, code, we follow.

If some here, or no longer here, become in our subjective view obstreperous, ignore their posts, deny them oxygen; they will go away or only vent their idiocies with the like minded who no doubt enjoy it.

When in our ordinary (non TWF) lives we get to the stage of banning those who have different opinions to us, no matter how silly, malevolent, or mischievous those opinions are, we head towards a dictatorship, and dictatorship by a majority can be no less oppressive than the dictatorship of one.

I enjoy my freedom to be an idiot. I therefore don't seek to deprive others of the same privilege.
    Believe it or not I think we are pretty much on the same and yes there is a place for being an idiot and having fun. There is plenty of room for it here. But just to clarify my message, it is not to encourage the "pests" in posts which are designed to encourage discussion on rugby. I also love being the fool but you have to admit there is time and place for it If there is no moderation then you can easily see what happens on other sites. BTW, this is not a democracy, it's coaches world which he kindly lets us enter.

Just happy to be here

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast