Thread: Well done the Force

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash

Well done the Force

I reckon the boys did us proud last night. Not an impressive score line and still a few of the same mistakes coming in but the fact that we were unbelievably undermanned and had so many second string players on the field, we were impressive. I can confidently say we will win a couple of games this year.

Passion, commitment and improvement I asked for and I reckon I got it.

Well done John and the boys.

Go the Force

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Just happy to be here

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Totally agree TEF, if you didn't know the background story to the team then it would be easy to bag them for this one but I think they did fantastically well in the circumstances.
    Their defence was great, they could have easily let through 50+ with the way they were turning the ball over but they stuck to their guns right to the last line of defence.
    As ill advised kick charged down and an after the half time siren barge through was the difference in the first half. If even one of those was defended/avoided it would have been a totally approach to the second half.
    The lineouts were back to being effective and young Pat O'Connor was a stand out in his first match.
    After a couple of early troubles the scrum straightened up to provide a very good platform against a much more experienced Waratah pack.
    Honestly I have never seen a team be so devoid of any form of luck ever!
    It would appear that our eventual victory will be totally of our own making because we certainly can't rely on fluking it!
    Looking forward to seeing a larger selection squad but well done on a great effort fellas.

vCash
    I was happy with the effort. Most of the members around us thought it was an improvement. I thought Henjak had a much better game. Too bad Daruda didn't do likewise.

Our boys have had just about every conceivable obstacle thrown in front of them so far, but they've never looked like chucking it in. I am still optomistic that they can win at home in the next couple of weeks. I just hope Fava and Daruda recover for next week. We are down to one fly-half at the moment otherwise. Wonder of Hilgandorf has played there. He's been the most consistant of the S14 rookies for mine.

BTW I tuned into sport FM in the car after the match and I won't be doing so again - back to 6PR. They gave them a monumental pasting. It was just one long whinge. Not one positive. One of them even saying he wouldn't renew his membership for next year. They questioned whether John Mitchell has what it takes as a coach without a team of experienced pros to work with, whether he can motivate the young guys or teach them the basics. All this after a shocking run of luck, only 5 games and not a flogging in sight. Get real !!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    That's really dissapointing re Sport FM Shasta, poor form and better off without losers like that really anyway. I really can't be bothered anymore with dicks who can't see past the current weeks' game and see the big picture.
    Re Hilgendorf, preseason he was said to have played everywhere apart from Half in the backline, so if he was needed in a game I think he would slot in nicely.
    Apart from injury possibly keeping him out I think last night that Daruda showed he was still a year off this level at 5/8. He seemed to not have that magical time that the top players have where the clock seems to slow down and they speed up.
    Great exposure though and he has improved already this year.
    Also a fantastic baptisim for Pat O'Connor and Pek Cowan. Didn't see much of Pek once he was on, which is what you want from a good Prop! I read last year that he was regarded as the best Prop in world rugby for his year group so a great resource for the future getting S14 exposure already.
    Pat was very useful in the lineout and didn't seem overwhelmed when he crashed it up.
    Haig Sare is another that has impressed me in stepping up in a time of mini "crisis" at the Club. Recruited as an Apprentice and as a CENTRE I reckon he had a pretty good match last night.
    After a couple of early mistakes Richard Brown really rose to the occassion and has staked a claim for a back row position even when Fava returns.
    And finally, big raps for Scott Staniforth playing well out of position but making a really good fist of it.
    At the start of the season we had virtually no experience on the bench.
    Once we get our full squad together we will have a young bench with great experience from adverse conditions. Yes, we haven't won a game yet but really, this is possibly as good an experience as we could have hoped for for the long term.
    Stick with them fellas (and fellerettes ), we have the makings of a very good long term squad here and when the wins come they are going to be such a pleasure to watch.

Last edited by Burgs; 18-03-06 at 13:15.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    I was happy with the effort. Most of the members around us thought it was an improvement. I thought Henjak had a much better game. Too bad Daruda didn't do likewise.

Our boys have had just about every conceivable obstacle thrown in front of them so far, but they've never looked like chucking it in. I am still optomistic that they can win at home in the next couple of weeks. I just hope Fava and Daruda recover for next week. We are down to one fly-half at the moment otherwise. Wonder of Hilgandorf has played there. He's been the most consistant of the S14 rookies for mine.

BTW I tuned into sport FM in the car after the match and I won't be doing so again - back to 6PR. They gave them a monumental pasting. It was just one long whinge. Not one positive. One of them even saying he wouldn't renew his membership for next year. They questioned whether John Mitchell has what it takes as a coach without a team of experienced pros to work with, whether he can motivate the young guys or teach them the basics. All this after a shocking run of luck, only 5 games and not a flogging in sight. Get real !!
    Well this little puppy has just sent an extremely angry e-mail to Sport FM with regards to what you have told us Shasta. How can a local station ask for local support one minute and then bag the local teams next. Not on! I for one will actively ensure that nobody I know uses Sport FM. F*ck em!

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Yeah it was pretty disappointing. I didn't listen to the match call, just the wrap up. I know they're doing a job the way they see it but still credit where it's due.
    One of the things that really riled me was that they said the players aren't connecting with the fans. They were saying that Subi is not conducive to this. While I too have some reservations about Subi, I just don't see that. The crowd last night were very supportive I thought. They reckon that if they keep on not winning this year then Members Equity will be too big also cause all the members will drop off them. Well not this member, that's for sure.
    hehe I get pretty pissed off with unfair reporting too. I've exchanged a couple of e mails withn a certain ABC web writer over his "Force Destroyed" nd "Force Thrashed" pieces.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Has anyone else listened to the commentary from Fox sports and in particular Marto's comments??

I reckon a few sharp email should be fired off to him too....He was critical of just about everything including the color of our jerseys.....

a big to Marto

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I thought the boys had an excellent game all things considering. I am certainly proud of their efforts. Can someone please, please, please tell either Brock James or Higendorf (im sorry im not sure who does it each and every week, I get to up set about it) Kicking the ball out is more important then an extra 2 or 4 Metres. Kick the ball out For Feck SAKE!!!!!!!!!

Its ok, im calm now

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    praise the lord jaysus, finally at last we fought back which i for one am happy about.

i dont care if get get raped, fighting back is what i like to see, well done lads..

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry
    Has anyone else listened to the commentary from Fox sports and in particular Marto's comments??

I reckon a few sharp email should be fired off to him too....He was critical of just about everything including the color of our jerseys.....

a big to Marto

Gerry, this ones for you. http://thewholeforce.com/showthread.php?t=2062

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Onyas for being proactive and sending off the emails! Not sure what more you can do about Fox, but SportFM and 6PR both take talkback after the game if you wanted to call in and express your views on air ...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.