Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sunday Times

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Bruiser,
    You make some good points.

I believe Greg Keenan was Giteaus manager at the time. He certainly didnt appear to be a saint in his dealings with Giteau, Firepower and O'Meara. O'meara was also the best mate of Johnston (is he still?) and surely knew a little more than he'd ever, ever admit.

But despite this, its time to move on.

Firepower defrauded a lot of people. At least the players received some money.

Investors LOST money - but the Firepower boss and his followers live a lavish lifestyle out of the country.

I believe all will be revealed eventually. I read an article recently that the Firepower book is due out soon. I hope it opens up the truth so that all those guilty of defrauding innocent investors and having an adverse effect on sporting teams, are brought to justice.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Bondiflyer; 22-02-09 at 18:58.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Gee, Bruiser - thanks for your post - whilst not wanting to get on the anti-Giteau train, I do now however have a whole new respect for new posters from the eastern seaboard. You must be Western Australian?
    No, Coach, but like Gits, I love the joint. And in my case, I wasn't paid to say it.

Champion
    vCash
    Who brought professionalism into rugby!!!!! It is happening all over the world look at the Endlish football league those guys change as much as their girls.

See u Gits have a good stay in Camberra Thanks for your efforts it was good watching u but....... WATCH OUT 2010 u will be marked man playing at MES and when u touch the ball mate there will be 15,000 vocal supporters NOT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    WATCH OUT 2010 u will be marked man playing at MES and when u touch the ball mate there will be 15,000 vocal supporters NOT
    Oh the supporters will still be vocal
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    At the end of the day Gits will still give 110% to the Force for this year he is a professional player this is not afl guys there are other things to consider. If he didn’t give his best Wallabies selection would not be a guarantee and I don’t believe that Dingo Deans is the kind of coach to except that kind of performance.

I have mixed feelings regarding him leaving but equate some peoples including RugbyWA to the Seven stages of Grief
    Shock or Disbelief
    Denial
    Bargaining
    Guilt
    Anger
    Depression
    Acceptance and Hope

vCash
    "We have all got to make decisions. I have made mine now. The Firepower saga was going on and it was always there, and a few of the players who were involved in it found it tough. When you were not playing or training you were always chasing it up to see what was happening with it. "It was Firepower that got me here initially, and had that not come about I would probably have stayed in Canberra."

http://www.rugbyheaven.com.au/news/n...237452120.html

that quote pretty much sums it up, he came for money! he feels burnt so he is going home where he would have been if not for the money!

vCash
    For the sake of good sportsmanship I hope Gits is shown the respect he deserves as a player when we go up against the brumbies on home soil. Whether he is playing for the Force or the Brumbies doesn't change the fact that he is still a good player. Anyone nearme boos and they will cop it!

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonzy View Post
    For the sake of good sportsmanship I hope Gits is shown the respect he deserves as a player when we go up against the brumbies on home soil. Whether he is playing for the Force or the Brumbies doesn't change the fact that he is still a good player. Anyone nearme boos and they will cop it!
    Agreed

vCash
    wishful thinking to be honest... there will always be some loudmouth bogan tanked up with midstrength willing to have a go...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    wishful thinking to be honest... there will always be some loudmouth bogan tanked up with midstrength willing to have a go...
    You are probably right...

vCash
    True but if they are anywhere near me I'll give em a mouth full!

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    See u Gits have a good stay in Camberra Thanks for your efforts it was good watching u but....... WATCH OUT 2010 u will be marked man playing at MES and when u touch the ball mate there will be 15,000 vocal supporters NOT
    At least this weekend the Brumbies won't be targeting Giteau too much....they wouldn't want to damage their star re-recruit of 2010 now, would they?!?!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

Rookie
    vCash
    Did someone try to get the ARU involved because of the Firepower deal and they washed there hands of it because it was supposedly a 3rd party deal? Something I read was that it was up to the individual players to do there own due dilligence on 3rd party sponsorships arrangements. Apparently the ARU wanted to send a clear message to all players about the potential failure of 3rd party arrangements hence the reason they didn't get involved when Firepower falied. I'm sorry that some players have lost money to Firepower, but like any buisness that is owed money - and if you look at the list of creditors to Firepower, many of the players are set up as businesses, they now have to go through the process. It's unfortunate that Tim Johnston appears to have disappeared of the face of the earth and no one can get hold of any of his own personal money. Many people appear to have got screwed not only the players but other businesses to.....so maybe welcome to the real world and I hope that this time MG has done the relevent due dilligence on any 3rd party deals he's done. In the current economic climate what's to say they're as secure as he hopes...who really know...things change so quickly in business...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2