Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Three 30 Minute Periods

vCash

Three 30 Minute Periods

I just read in todays West Australian that the format for Fridays game is three 30 minute periods of play

I checked the West's Website and I don't think the story is up yet

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    it is only going to be 29degrees so it isnt exactly a game played in extreme heat. might give them more chances to rotate players this way, plus more time to go to the bar

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    its taken you from 9 to 10:40 to read the West
    what are you going to do until lunchtime
    not work I hope

vCash
    according to the article Drew Mitchell will be starting at Fullback although unlikely to be first choice fullback come Super 14

I will put a link up when one becomes available, that or you can go and buy The West Australian

Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    its taken you from 9 to 10:40 to read the West
    what are you going to do until lunchtime
    not work I hope
    actually it was the only article i Have read, oh and Shane Warne crapping on about the IPL. Ireadi it while waiting for a work mate to get their morning coffee as I had my can of red bull

vCash
    any team list as yet?

<>

vCash
    I will put a link up when one becomes available, that or you can go and buy The West Australian

actually it was the only article i Have read, oh and Shane Warne crapping on about the IPL. Ireadi it while waiting for a work mate to get their morning coffee as I had my can of red bull[/QUOTE]

Do people still read The West?

I thought most people were over news that is 2 days old by the time you read it.

Force by 90

Hasta la vista Pam

vCash
    Well I've found an article at the west's site, but they reckon Cam at fullback...

Force to experiment against Crusaders
    21st January 2009, 11:45 WST

Western Force coach John Mitchell says he will use Friday’s pre-season clash with the Crusaders in Perth to experiment with combinations in preparation for the upcoming Super 14 season.

The Force have named a 27-man squad for the match, which will be played in three 30-minute periods

“We want to look at combinations,” Mitchell said.

“We want to give all the players an opportunity to play in the role they are likely to contribute during the competition.

Western Force: David Pocock (capt), Pek Cowan, Tai McIsaac, AJ Whalley, David Pusey, Tom Hockings, Matt Hodgson, Tamaiti Horua, Josh Valentine, Scott Daruda, Drew Mitchell, Josh Tatupu, Junior Pelesasa, Haig Sare, Dane Haylett-Petty, Luke Holmes, Kieran Longbottom, Richard Stanford, Richard Brown, Chris O’Young, Nick Cummins, Cameron Shepherd, Gareth Hardy, Troy Takiari, Justin Turner, Filipe Manu, Ben Whittaker

(That list makes very little sense to me... kindof.)

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.as...ntentID=119701

Last edited by robyn <3; 21-01-09 at 11:26. Reason: Forgot to put my link in! Whoops

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    they havent named the team yet as they only went into camp today... im sure there will be a team released tomorrow sometime.

vCash
    Here's rugby heaven's take on it. I don't know why they bothered with the title, the entire article is gossiping about JM.

Superstar Matt Giteau won't be part of the Force squad for the pre-season game against the Crusaders on Friday as Wallabies demand him to rest.

ARU agreements which say international players must have a certain time out off the field per year mean Giteau, Ryan Cross and Nathan Sharpe will sit out the visit of the Kiwi powerhouse.

Sharpe would not have played anyway as he recovers from a broken thumb. I didn't know that...

Twenty-seven players in all will get their first thorough workout at Member's Equity Stadium, which is expecting a bumper crowd for the opening of the Force's 2009 campaign.

The fans will see the Force's squad, led by young superstar David Pocock, play three 30 minute periods as John Mitchell attempts

....blah blah, pie factory's anti-mitchell session....

But with the Force putting on another show of togetherness in camp at Perth's upmarket Guildford Grammar School, Mitchell claimed the tension and divides which have riddled the club were being put aside as the season came ever closer

.... blah blah, more mitchabuse....

Along with Giteau, Cross and Shepherd, the Force will also lack hamstring injured Pat O'Connor, James O'Connor who has a virus, and Scott Staniforth.

However, Cameron Shepherd will play at least 30 minutes in a Force jumper for the first time since his horrible ankle injury last year.

Scott Daruda will deputise at outside-half, with academy players Justin Turner and Ben Whittaker getting a taste of first team action.

Western Force squad for trial game against Crusaders: Pek Cowan, Tai McIsaac, AJ Whalley, David Pusey, Tom Hockings, Matt Hodgson, David Pocock, Tamaiti Horua, Josh Valentine, Scott Daruda, Drew Mitchell, Josh Tatupu, Junior Pelesasa Haig Sare, Dane Haylett-Petty, Luke Holmes, Kieran Longbottom, David Stanford, Richard Brown, Chris O'Young, Nick Cummins, Cameron Shepherd, Gareth Hardy, Troy Takiari, Filipe Manu, Justin Turner, Ben Whittaker

http://www.rugbyheaven.com.au/news/n...471368235.html

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Pat O'Connor must have tripped over the black cat and stumbled under a ladder into a mirror - so now it is a hammie...?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    (That list makes very little sense to me... kindof.)
    This may help Robyn. First 15 to start but all players to get a run. At the start of the match I would imagine the intent would be for the normal bench (16-22) to come on in the second third and the extended bench (23-27) to come on in the third third, injuries and fitness permitting.

1. Pek Cowan,
    2. Tai McIsaac,
    3. AJ Whalley,
    4. David Pusey,
    5. Tom Hockings,
    6. Matt Hodgson,
    7. David Pocock (capt),
    8. Tamaiti Horua,

9. Josh Valentine,
    10. Scott Daruda,
    11. Drew Mitchell,
    12. Josh Tatupu,
    13. Junior Pelesasa,
    14. Haig Sare,
    15. Dane Haylett-Petty,

16. Luke Holmes,
    17. Kieran Longbottom,
    18. Richard Stanford,
    19. Richard Brown,
    20. Chris O’Young,
    21. Nick Cummins,
    22. Cameron Shepherd,

23. Gareth Hardy,
    24. Troy Takiari,
    25. Justin Turner,
    26. Filipe Manu,
    27. Ben Whittaker

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Again Rugby Heaven headline and comments make it sound like something is amiss at the Force with the "wallabies' resting, but so are the other franchises doing the same, but instead there headlines are which young gun is getting a chance to play and ours is that the stars are not.

Come on Eastern States media, lets play fair.

vCash
    yeah pat oconnor has "tweaked" his hammy and isnt getting risked in this match but is expected to be fine for their qld tour...

vCash
    Ahhh... it all makes sense now. Bambam's name was at the start, I think that's what threw me. Now I see.

vCash
    good team playinn

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast