Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Western Force push for Members Equity Staduim - We Got Corners!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by normie View Post
    hear hear! I concur, well said jargs.

That is the essence of it all. If the smallest crowd at subi-yucko in 08 was 21k plus then its fair to think that the smallest crowd at a decent venue (ME with upgrade) will be almost as good as the top crowd at subi in 08.

A new venue should generate a bit of exitement, especially with superior viewing.

Corporate boxes aside, I wouldn't mind betting that the worst seat at ME (as it is configured now) is as good as, or even better than the best at subi-yucko. (especially the shed, although I imagine it cant remain as it is as the area will be needed for seating- pity though)

One can ony hope a better refreshment deal than the one foisted upon the club at Subi is struck.

It will be a challenge to figure out the membership classes and pricing... but its all good.
    The beverage stuff at Subi is set by the WAFC so we will see an improvement there. the worst seat at MES IS better then the b est at Subi. Even the view from the shed is good (even for Rugby becasue thats where I was at the first ARC game on that Friday night it was pissing down)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    The beverage stuff at Subi is set by the WAFC so we will see an improvement there. the worst seat at MES IS better then the b est at Subi. Even the view from the shed is good (even for Rugby becasue thats where I was at the first ARC game on that Friday night it was pissing down)
    I was in the shed that game too. View was excellent. Chuckie's try was right in front us. I've been to a few games at ME and I reckon the shed is a top spot.

Even the current bevvie situation at ME is better than subi. I understand there is input from Town of Vincent, WAPS, Liquor and Gaming (and possibly other quangos ) in regard to liquor licensing at ME, but the Force, as new tenants, should have a bit of leverage for a beverage....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by normie View Post
    I was in the shed that game too. View was excellent. Chuckie's try was right in front us. I've been to a few games at ME and I reckon the shed is a top spot.

Even the current bevvie situation at ME is better than subi. I understand there is input from Town of Vincent, WAPS, Liquor and Gaming (and possibly other quangos ) in regard to liquor licensing at ME, but the Force, as new tenants, should have a bit of leverage for a beverage....
    I live in the shed at the Glory, just so long as they aren't selling that shit XXXX that is being sold at the Glory this season

they should go back to last year when they were selling something from Little Creatures

(love the part that i have put in bold)

vCash

Now it is time to get to work!!!

Ok now that we will have corners in 2010, I think the WF need to approach the other corner codes, as well as the government (even though that is a dead end!!!), at get organised and help each other out!! The corner codes are going to be the most profitable sports in WA in about 5-10 years, since it will be the WF, the Reds and the Glory!! If they have a stadium that everyone can contribute to with sponsorship from all codes helping out then MES could become a very nice 30000-40000 seater!!! Yes it is a dream, but I have that dream!! Do we need to work on this maybe as we did with the partition? Who knows it may be an idea to see what the other codes think? What are the forecasts for membership this year? Maybe a poll needs to be done to see if more people will become members when WF move to MES (on WF site that is!!!).

Ok that is my two cents again!!! It can be done, but the right people need to get it done. Johnny boy may need to have some nice meetings with the Glory and Reds boards, not just the WA (Wait Awhile or Wankers Anonymous - sorry if I offend anyone with that little jibe, I'm not originally from WA) government.

Bring on the bright future!!!

I vote - GIVE US A RECTANGLE STADIUM!!!!!!

vCash

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by unipirate View Post
    Ok now that we will have corners in 2010, I think the WF need to approach the other corner codes, as well as the government (even though that is a dead end!!!), at get organised and help each other out!! The corner codes are going to be the most profitable sports in WA in about 5-10 years, since it will be the WF, the Reds and the Glory!! If they have a stadium that everyone can contribute to with sponsorship from all codes helping out then MES could become a very nice 30000-40000 seater!!! Yes it is a dream, but I have that dream!! Do we need to work on this maybe as we did with the partition? Who knows it may be an idea to see what the other codes think? What are the forecasts for membership this year? Maybe a poll needs to be done to see if more people will become members when WF move to MES (on WF site that is!!!).

Ok that is my two cents again!!! It can be done, but the right people need to get it done. Johnny boy may need to have some nice meetings with the Glory and Reds boards, not just the WA (Wait Awhile or Wankers Anonymous - sorry if I offend anyone with that little jibe, I'm not originally from WA) government.

Bring on the bright future!!!
    I hate to break it to you unipirate - but we are about 3 steps ahead of you.

as my learned colleague, Laura, has already suggested - go check out the weneedcorners website.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    have been reading your mind as well.

They have spoken with TOV and the other codes as well!

C'mon the

vCash

Take a leaf out of another book ...........

The Welsh Rugby Union have on two separate occasions raised money to partly fund major stadium upgrades by offering "debentures" whereby individuals and corporations "lend" the WRU money for a specified period in return for the right to purchase seats for every game. A sort of season ticket membership but for an extended period of time. It has been oversubscribed on both occasions. The first was the redevelopment of "Cardiff Arms Park" some forty years ago, the second was "Millenium Stadium".

A less grand version is the "Wallaby First" membership whereby for an upfront fee of a few grand one is a member for the next twenty years and guaranteed tickets for Wobblie matches in Australia (and get opportunities to buy tickets for overseas matches as well - eg Hong Kong ). An annual fee of a couple of hundred dollars to maintain membership. The membership is oversubscribed with a waiting list to join (it took me four years from joining the waiting list to becoming a member).

Both instances demonstrate that such schemes work with demand outstripping supply.

Now this is just a thought ...............

Take 1,000 diamond members and ask for $10k each to be repaid in ten years.
    Take 5,000 gold members and ask for $7.5k
    Take 10,000 silver/nickel/iron members and ask for $5k

Unless the IQ's gone walkabout, that's $97.5 million.

Corporate debentures would of course be more expensive and raise quite a sum of money in itself.

Then consider Perth Glory organising the same arrangement for their supporters to attend the soccer. Not the same support base but it could be another contributor.

The essence of debentures is that the holders accept that when they are repaid, the value of their loan has reduced substantially and they are in effect providing an interest free loan. It's also not a substitute for annual membership renewal so that there is an ongoing base of financial support. (The membership fee might be reduced if annual running costs are lower ??)

The numbers above are just indicative and I'm not sugesting that everyone that is currently a member would be interested or have the financial capacity. Divide the above calculation by two and it's still a significant sum of money.

The point being that whilst such a scheme might not in itself be sufficient to fund a significant stadium redevelopment it could provide the impetus to make a step change in ambitions.

It's also the case that ME is not a dedicated sporting venture that is directly linked with a major sporting organisation. Hence there are issues that would need to be resolved for such a scheme to be sufficiently attractive to get the support it would require.

Now I'll get back below the parapet ............

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I am sure a similar thing was done at Stadium Australian aka Sydney Olympic Stadium aka Telstra Stadium AKA ANZ Stadium.

They sent out a prospectus during the early stages of contstruction $2000 per person guarenteed you your seat at every event for the next year. After that an annual membership fee applied.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Prospect
    vCash

Angry poppa smurf

I won't be joining if they move I'm a silver member, I don't like subi but I'm not paying good money to sit on wooden benches and not under cover no decent transport to get there I've watched rugby and league there and didn't enjoy my self, I rather sit at home and watch it on fox in the comfort of my home where the beer is cheep and so is the food and don't have line to go to the toilet.I'm not the only one with these thoughts I know other people who won't be rejoining.Its a shame I love my rugby and while the AFL controls this state nothing will be done
    :very sad:
    Neale McKenzie

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    I don't like subi but I'm not paying good money to sit on wooden benches and not under cover no decent transport to get there
    Sounds like SUbi to me? I'm on wooden benches, not under cover and the Subiaco and West Leederuille train stations are just as far from Subi as Claisebrook train station is from Members Equity

while the AFL controls this state nothing will be done
    Agree!

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Coach, he said he was a silver member.

Only Gold members get the wooden benches and no shelter.

Of course Silver members do need the Hubble telescope to see the game....... to each their own!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Coach, he said he was a silver member.

Only Gold members get the wooden benches and no shelter.

Of course Silver members do need the Hubble telescope to see the game....... to each their own!
    Nah, I've got a bit of shelter I think, but my silver memberships buys me a couple of lines of paint on a bench marking out my spot up there in the stratosphere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poppasmurf View Post
    I won't be joining if they move I'm a silver member, I don't like subi but I'm not paying good money to sit on wooden benches and not under cover no decent transport to get there I've watched rugby and league there and didn't enjoy my self, I rather sit at home and watch it on fox in the comfort of my home where the beer is cheep and so is the food and don't have line to go to the toilet.I'm not the only one with these thoughts I know other people who won't be rejoining.Its a shame I love my rugby and while the AFL controls this state nothing will be done
    :very sad:
    Neale McKenzie
    as opposed to the thousands who have already walked away citing Subiaco as the problem? I'm a silver member (sort of.......just have to go renew the thing ) and it sucks balls. I would rather stand in the shed to watch the Force rather the lower levels of the atmosphere.

I believe that Coach has already covered your issue with Transport, using The WA Reds games there as an exmaple doesn't cut the mustard as the crowd is only 2,000ish and Transperth doesnt put any extra speacial services on for it as the crowd does not warrant it. I dare say likewise with the games that have been held there by the RugbyWA be it the ARC or Force Pre-Season games

The Beer at Subi isnt cheap and it's crap as well and they stop selling it 15 mins into the second half All the facilities at Subi suck, the place is barely fit to host AFL games let alone Rugby.

I do agree that AFL controlls this state, i dare say Neale Fong and his WAFC have the government in the "Tah Man position" quite often. Just look at the last upgrade of Subi and you will see the extent of the Governments unwillingness to tell them to walk off a cliff

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

The silver seats our group of 18 have are far superior to any of the Gold seats. we are on the first level up and a walkway separates us from the last Diamond seats and the end of the boxes. Not having a go but it's a fact. Funny thing is the same area at the other end of the boxes was pre-booked by RWA way before any allocation of seats were done back in 2005. They knew back then that the gold is pretty ordinary as with most other seats outwith diamond and corporate.

Problem is now that we are likely to get screwed when we move to MES, unless we come up with some cunning plan.

Just happy to be here

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast