Thread: 2 down, 1 to go

vCash

2 down, 1 to go

53 - 13

On this cauld Ravenhill night, Ulster showed more grit and determination, to control this game. Ulster had the momentum throughout the match with the wind in the 1st half, they managed to gain the bonus point in the 2nd.

Ferris opened the try scoring wuth a lovely sidestep and dash inside to score near the posts. Timoci Nagusa got the 2nd, running onto the ball from deep and breaking the faltering Connacht defense. Simon Danielli (on for the injured Nagusa) scored a well-worked try for the third again breaking through the defense and diving over the line. Mark McCrea who made his 1st start of the season got the fourth, and the bonus point.

Simon Danielli scored his 2nd with 10 minutes to go, and Darren Cave scored a well worked try (from a lucky bounce, caught by Ian Humphreys who drew the defense). Bryn Cunningham was on hand to score the next, beating several defensive tackles while Ian Humphreys' man of the match performance was superb. He kicked every chance from all over the park, only missing 1 conversion minutes before the end of the match as Ulster scored 7 tries in total,

Ulster have shown their class, and the fans left happy knowing that their team were finally stepping up to the mark consistently which may just help us as the next round of the Heiny draws nearer.

Match report, pictures and video here

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Delighted to here Tim O'Shea is going from strength to strength - is he being targeted by the opposition yet or is he just making all that space ?

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    R u reading the same page as me?
    If you mean Jim!, then he's gettin' better each game, and actually seems to be fitting in well, despite the weather!

Last edited by fermain; 05-12-08 at 03:33.

vCash
    Actually got to watch this one, very encouraging!! But I kept asking myself if this was the same Connacht side that beat Leinster not so long ago? At any rate, Ulster's work was impressive, even after the game was obviously out of hand. By the way, I'm glad that Danielli scored twice! Almost makes me nostalgic for 2007 when I'd hunch over the computer, hoping against all hope that Borders would(finally) win a match.. unless they were facing Ulster, of course!! (I have a soft spot for the underdog in most cases!)

by and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth-george carlin: