Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Next Years Local WA Comp

I believe Rocky is looking at it but won't be rushed back just to make up numbers.

Like I said in a previous post - takes more than just players to have a club running sweet.

Numbers are 4 players per Premier Club. I know Rudi Vedalago is one that has been alloted to Kalamunda. I don't know who the other three are, 2 flankers and a hooker I heard.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ... on the 6th day God played rugby and on the 7th day he rested, because he was sore and a little hungover.

vCash
    Any update on which club has gained which players?
    It all went a bit quiet there.
    I've heard some rumours (including Junior wanting to play in Kalgoorlie????) but not sure if they are true or not?

Righto folks an update on player allocation to Premier Clubs.

Associates - Peden, Daruda, Fava, Graham
    Nedlands - Cowan, James, Sare, Staniforth
    Cottesloe - Windle, Brown, Cannon, Henjack
    Wests - Scott, Pusey, McIssac, Hilgendorf
    Kalamunda - Holmes, Whalley, Vedelago, Doherty (may also have one other due to Vedelago's injury)
    Bayswater - Ward, Debartolo, McKay, Shepard
    Wanneroo - Te Moana, Pelesea, Ioane (TBC), Fuimoana, Butava
    University - Welborn, Fitter, Stapleton, Pocock
    Palmyra - Hodgson, Hardy, O'Young, Davidson
    Rockingham - O'Connor, Mailata, Sharpe

Districts clubs will also get players for functions, training sessions etc but not for playing.

Also next year all Premier, Reserve and Colts games will be recorded using a professional sports recording outfit. Tapes are available to Clubs but mainly are used by the Force to assess new talent, contracted players form and Perth Gold.

Rumour (totally unconfirmed and it could be a load of Redbull sh#t) that the games could be shown on the ABC.

Anyway what clubs are going to do the best out of this. I reckon you'd be most happy with players in the 23-33 fringe, better than evey other club player in WA but not yet making the Force squad. l

... on the 6th day God played rugby and on the 7th day he rested, because he was sore and a little hungover.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    With Pelesasa getting fitness back from an injury and possibly an extra player perhaps Wanneroo for the biggest gains? If designed to even things up a bit for the clubs I would have thought that Rocky missed out a bit Redbull? I doubt Sharpey will play much and then a 2nd XV and an Apprentice?
    Depending on Rep selection Palmyra could be looking pretty good too.
    You'd be pretty happy with the Kala gains though Redbull? Have you seen anything of them yet?

No not yet.

Clubs still have to send in an application for allocation of players time due to Western Force committments (can't just get them on the blower in these days of professionalism)

Players are supposed to be going to the clubs on registration day (25th Feb)

Good on Nathan Sharpe. He asked to go to Rocky to help promote rugby development in that area.

Note to all rugby players - come to Kalamunda home of the Bulls. WA Rugby Best Practise Club 2005, NAB West Australian Community Club of the Year 2005. Good rugby and good times.

Well thats my recruiting effort for the year.

Oh and be warned!!

If you choose not to come to the Bull Pen, you must be playing for another team and the rule for that is

If you're not with us, you're against us.

The Bulls have a very good record at the Bull Pen throughout all the grades and intend 2006 to be just as difficult for the opposition

vCash

Cool

Sounds like a load of bull to me!!

Bring it on I say.

Go Wests...

so has West's development program being working well in the last year, or are you just recruiting from other clubs again this season?

Any chance of a colts or U17 team that doesn't come from Aranmore?

Apprentice
    vCash
    rumors are that Palmyra and Nedlands have recruited heavily from overseas and interstate. Blows my mind really considering Palymyra has done this for the last few years and just ends up with a bunch of mercenaries who leave mid seaon. I really do wish them well but it seems they dont learn from their mistakes. It also disenchants their current players.

Wests have apparently poached a lot of Leemings colts.

Apart from that not to sure, Wanneroo have recuited a few, Perth? Soaks? Cott - will be interesting to see how they go with half their pack going back to Rocky. Kala? Uni - some returning players.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    From ABC Rugby:

Force tangles with players

The Australian Rugby Union will step in if needed to help solve a stand-off between the Western Force and some of its players about where they play club rugby this year.

The new club has insisted that its players have to play for Perth clubs at the end of the Super 14 season.

Some of the Force players still hold contracts with Sydney, Brisbane and Canberra teams but ARU chief executive Gary Flowers said he hoped the issue could be resolved without legal action.

"We're hopeful that there can be a solution. The Western Force from day one have always made it pretty clear what their expectation is in terms of their players," Mr Flowers said.

"I think they've actually contracted players ... on that basis and obviously we'll be here to assist with working out a solution if we need to find one."

vCash
    Players are always attracted to successful clubs!

Seriously though, the real reason for our success has been the fact that the majority of our senior grade players have stayed with the club over the past 3 years. Previously players would come and go.

It's just good to have a colts team back on the ground again after a few years without one.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    From Fox Sports:

Mitchell also played down the issue of Force players being placed with Perth clubs despite some already having signed contracts to play with NSW clubs after the Super 14 season.
    "It's a policy by our board (that Force players are registered with Perth clubs), but in actual fact not too many of the professional players will end up playing club rugby as a lot of the boys will either make the Wallabies or Australia A," Mitchell said.

"I guess it's the player who's on the fringe of those teams ... but to play Super 14 you have to be mindful of the players' welfare.

"Some of these players end up going back into club rugby far too soon and affect their preparation going into next season."

Flowers said he hoped to sit down with Force management to develop a "rugby solution" to the issue.

Force has played two trials, a 29-19 loss in Perth to new South African franchise the Cheetahs and 39-16 loss to defending champion the Crusaders in Melbourne at the weekend.

Mitchell said he was pleased with his team's progress approaching round one of the season against the Brumbies on February 10.

Got this in the email from the Pres today. More great news for the Kalamunda Club

There is some really good news to report this week with confirmation being received yesterday that we are one of three national finalists in the Ausport Awards 2006 Club Development. These awards are the highlight of the Federal Sports Commission year, below is an outline of what we are into.
    2006 Ausport Awards Categories
    The Australian Sports Commission’s national Ausport Awards acknowledge and reward individuals, clubs, community organisations, schools, local government agencies, and national and state sporting organisations for demonstrating their commitment to good practice in sport, grassroots participation, innovative and inclusive programs, quality sports business management and excellence in sports performance. They recognise, reward and showcase good practice in the Australian sports system.

Award categories
    Awards will be presented in each of the following categories:

Club Development Award - to recognise improved management practices in one of the following areas of the Club Development Network checklist: leadership, planning, people and members.

Denise Gittings will be the club representative at the awards night held in Melbourne to coincide with the opening of the Commonwealth Games. So we wait with anticipation about wether we have been successful and secured the national award.

GO YOU BULLS

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Congrats to all concerned Redbull, a great honour for the Club.
    Good luck for the final announcement!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2