Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Giteau to decide by weekend

vCash
    he better not leave!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    Sharpe is bigger than Smith - he also has more hair than Gits at the moment - wonder if that will help

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    there isn't much about her on her profile on netballwa.com.au, but her previous teams are Melbourne Kestrels (2006), AIS Canberra Darters (2003-2005)

so there is a canberra team unless that is with the old competition... so if she moves back to canberra, she is going to have to retire from pro-netball. if i was 23 and playing like she is, i wouldn't be thinking of that any time soon! 1 point to WA

does anyone know how long her contract runs for?

gits wouldn't take money over her. much to my sisters upset, they are super close. i don't think our gits is the kind of guy who would go somewhere for money. it's not like he is going to be forced to live of bread and water if he choses either one, i think he will go by which one means the most to him, and which one has the best oppertunities for him and where he feels at home most. i truly believe he will stay in perth.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    been reading tea leaves Robyn?

vCash
    nah, i've met gits and had a nice little chat with him. he is a complete sweetheart, worth every penny we paid for him. such a geniune guy. he striked me as the kind of bloke who was going to stay firepower screwed him around a fair bit, but he won't take that out on the force. he has become super-important to a close and wonderful team and he won't just walk out on that.

tealeaves help . however, when my dad walked in he counteracted my positivity by saying... oh good grief we can't loose gits THIS soon can we?

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...

vCash
    woah, thread-surfing and i came across this:

Million Dollar Baby - Western Force Rugby Supporters Site

little bit old, but i think its pretty relevant

also mentions bianca bit

Through all of this, Giteau maintains an expression of embarrassed, wide-eyed innocence. Bianca, Perth-raised but Melbourne-based, notes that she is taking advantage of an injury break to visit him. “I have to choose between him and netball.” Giteau looks up, his face creasing in a cheeky smile.

vCash
    There is no team from Canberra in the ANZ Netball Comp so hopefully she'll stay in Perth and he will too.

Massive hole to fill if he goes I think we'd have to look at filling it with one of the two international players we could get. O'Connor should be looked at as a progression towards the playmaking spot. He would need to be mentored and developed into the spot by either Gits if he stays or another quality signing because as good as he will be he is not at that level yet.

When Wilkinson was fit he led England to a world cup, Carter is the same with the AB's although don't mention the war (France 2007). Hate to see the Wallabies without Gits as he is on a par with the previously mentioned pair. Every position is important to make a team win but you need a cool head at 10 to steer the team around the park.

If Gits goes our 2009 season may be derailed. Is he spending enough time at our beaches? Maybe Rugby WA should be sending him South a bit more for weekends away at Dunsborough and similar places. Can't imagine Canberra can top that.

vCash
    aww i have the original magazine of this and it has gits on the cover!

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post

If Gits goes our 2009 season may be derailed. Is he spending enough time at our beaches? Maybe Rugby WA should be sending him South a bit more for weekends away at Dunsborough and similar places. Can't imagine Canberra can top that.
    wrf, it would be 2010 we'd loose him, either way hes still contracted to the force til the end of next season.......

vCash
    Yeah I know but if he pulls the pin then I just think it may hamper our next season even though he'll still be a part of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    i'm with andy on this one the decision has been made, its just easier to release the news one way or the other when he's out of the country...
    This statement is a worry, I hope I am wrong but if the decision was in favour of him staying when all along he has said he would with comments like "I own a house do I need two", why would they want to make it when he is away for six weeks.

Also in regards Bianca during the last season they hardly had any games that coincided at times when they were both in Perth.

In any event I am trying to remain positive, especially as O Connor only signed to stay because Matt was here and he together with Mitchell could leave if the decision goes against us. Both technically also off contract next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    This statement is a worry, I hope I am wrong but if the decision was in favour of him staying when all along he has said he would with comments like "I own a house do I need two", why would they want to make it when he is away for six weeks.

Also in regards Bianca during the last season they hardly had any games that coincided at times when they were both in Perth.

In any event I am trying to remain positive, especially as O Connor only signed to stay because Matt was here and he together with Mitchell could leave if the decision goes against us. Both technically also off contract next year.
    i hope the decision hasn't been made and they are waiting now... its as if he doesn't want to be in Perth for us to hear, which doesn't make me feel too comfortable.

have no fear about mr mitchell leaving. drew isn't going anywhere. i will make 100% sure of that plus gits cleared up how he isn't going anywhere with drew, they haven't even discussed leaving Perth together.

that's not good news about bianca. but i am a netballer and i am pretty sure she would do what any netballer or pro-sporting player would do- play their game until they can't do it properly anymore. at 23 she isn't anywhere near retiring age for a netballer.

james signed for a year, so if gits goes we will loose him too god gits, please don't do this to us. if you take yourself, drew and JOC away from us i might just... UURGH he doesn't want to know. please don't go!

vCash
    Players will come and go but the Force will always be there and so will I. If we lose every game until we rebuild again I'll still wear my top with pride.

If Gits and the others go then so be it just don't boo them when they come back to play against us, leave that to the GAYfl supporters.

vCash
    i'm not planning on booing them and i'm not planning on abandoning the force if they go. if the horrible situation that gits leaves becomes a reality i would be very distressed seeing as he is such a vital player to our team. but i wouldn't boo him when the brumbies come to perth next, i would run at him asking when he was coming back!

he would still be playing rugby and for that i would appreciate him. i would just prefer it so much more if it was for the force.

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    The way I'm reading this is, if he doesn't sign with the Force, he'll get NO backpay for last year and no topup this year, but then get something similar (possibly a little more - but I doubt it) with the Brumbies for the next 2 years??

As such signing for the money would logically mean staying here?

I am a little concerned at the deadline though, surely the week leading up to a Bledisloe Game isn't the time to be pushing this? especially as the focus hasn't been on game faces for the last 5-6 weeks.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast