Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Force prepared to compromise on field

vCash

Force prepared to compromise on field

DAVE HUGHES

23rd October 2008, 7:45 WST

Western Force are unlikely to have a dedicated training field when the club leaves Perry Lakes, despite a like-forlike promise to move.

Soil contamination at the proposed site, south of Challenge Stadium, precludes the establishment of a field to replace that at Perry Lakes.

The proposal is to build a new RugbyWA headquarters, including offices and a gymnasium, between the new basketball and athletics facilities at AK Reserve.

go to the link for the rest of the article....
    Force prepared to compromise on field : thewest.com.au

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by travelling_gerry; 23-10-08 at 09:43.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post

DAVE HUGHES
    RugbyWA chairman Geoff Stooke indicated yesterday he would be prepared to compromise on the matter of a dedicated field if the State Government would revisit the plan to develop Members Equity Stadium into a 25,000-seat arena, with sufficient corporate facilities to meet demand at Super 14 matches.
    Hmm... interesting turn there. Nice play RWA.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    How's this for an idea. Forget about AK reserve. Forget the irrational mindset that says the Force has to be based in the Western Suburbs. Why? That area is overcrowded,high density, restricted in parking and accessibility.

Speak to near city Councils adjacent to major transport facilities, Cockburn, Cannington, Melville etc.

Have them adapt a training facility to the Force's needs. The grounds already exist and are under utilized.

$5M will build a good basic office structure, gym, medical rooms, function area, parking, lighting.

Enter into an agreement whereby Council pays for some infrastructure, the rest is borrowed by Council and the Force repays the loan at generously low interest rates. Councils and Councillors are happy to have high profile sporting teams based in their areas

It happens all the time. I have the blueprint. I drew the blueprint 15 years ago.

Why do the employees/players have to work and live in Scarborough etc? For whose convenience is that ridiculous mindset?

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    come the revolution Fulvio

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    How's this for an idea. Forget about AK reserve. Forget the irrational mindset that says the Force has to be based in the Western Suburbs. Why? That area is overcrowded,high density, restricted in parking and accessibility.

Speak to near city Councils adjacent to major transport facilities, Cockburn, Cannington, Melville etc.

Have them adapt a training facility to the Force's needs. The grounds already exist and are under utilized.

$5M will build a good basic office structure, gym, medical rooms, function area, parking, lighting.

Enter into an agreement whereby Council pays for some infrastructure, the rest is borrowed by Council and the Force repays the loan at generously low interest rates. Councils and Councillors are happy to have high profile sporting teams based in their areas

It happens all the time. I have the blueprint. I drew the blueprint 15 years ago.

Why do the employees/players have to work and live in Scarborough etc? For whose convenience is that ridiculous mindset?

That will never work for obvious reasons!

Hasta la vista Pam

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronski Beat View Post
    those would be?

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash

Look I'm biased because I live in the western suburbs but there are plenty of good reasons to be located there. So long as games are being played at Subi- its a good idea to be located nearby. There certainly aren't really any dramas parking out around Challenge stadium and there is plenty of land around there that could be used. Admittedly public transport isn't that great but at least its near the city.

If you look at the players most of them are paid pretty well for what they do. They can afford, and would probably prefer, to live near the beach- most of them it seems are into things like surfing or other watersports. So they probably find it quite convenient. It probably adds to the power of drawing players over to the Force when a player comes over has a look at the facilities and realise they are only a few ks from the beach.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    In all honesty, I would have thought that anything that is put in place will be merely temporary until we get a home stadium. Thereafter, all training would be located there as that is the essence of home advantage - being completely familiar with the ground, particularly when kicking. The last thing I would like to see is rugby being a renter for the rest of their life, and I am sure that is at least part of the RWA position - we'll squat somewhere if it helps get us our own home.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronski Beat View Post
    Whats with all the nay saying Bronski?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    For whose convenience is that ridiculous mindset?
    99% of the players and staff???

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Give the players 1 month in Jan at UWA and rebellion will be in the air - not what I would choose for the lads - character building stuff

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Why does it have to be in the Cock burn southern area??

Why couldn't it be based north of the city???

If you look at a map of WA there is a tad more land to the north than the south of Perth.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Anywhere around Joondalup would work for me - straight run down to Scarborough against the Traffic every night.

We also have toilet blocks with A/C up this way as opposed to UWA which still rely's on the Freo Doctor hitting the Bore Water Stained Grilll

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Arent the West Coast Eagles looking for a new HQ/Training Ground as well, it would make sense to try and base these two together to combine some of the facilities. QLD Roar have just announced they are moving to Ballymore which is the Reds HQ/Training ground, albeit the 2 season dont clash as much as it would with AFL, but compromise could be made.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    but compromise could be made.
    Yeah right, and no prizes for guessing who'd be doing most of the compromising.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast