Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Go The Force

vCash
    Just took a little gloss of what was a fantastic rugby fest for me this weekend.

I was at Bath to see us beat Newcastle Falcons (Matt Burke was outstanding), then watched Ireland show tremendous teamwork to grind a result at the last Lansdowne Road game, sobered up sufficiently to see England get their sorry asses kicked by the French and settled down to watch the torrent download of the Reds v Force (thanks SpankytheKing).

I had managed to avoid the score and so you can imagine the buzz I was feeling mid-way through the first half, the second row gets binned and the Force put 13 points on the board without reply. trouble was they probably listened to those two clowns in the commentary box and forgot there was a second half to complete against a team that were getting terrible "support" from their home crowd (Burgs, the camera's showed quite a few blue jerseys).

Needless to say and history will show that the team who played for 80 minutes deserved the win. I am a firm believer that good supporter's need to experience the bad times to be able to enjoy the good ones, of course it would be nice to have some good now but hey that's life and sport guys.

Don't panic things could be worse, and in response to your post Burgs:

a) Western Force isn't such a bad name - it could have been England
    b) I think the jersey is ok(ish) - at least there isn't a red rose anywhere in sight
    c) Subiaco is all about the crowd and atmosphere, even I see that on TV.
    d) Surely it's "our" team - that is as long as you don't mind an outsider supporting the Force!

Heads up and move on.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Humour side taken Flat-top no worries there, I guess the point I was trying to make was I'll take them warts and all, even with bits I may not completely like.
    Anyone else who see's them as their own "my" team is certainly included in supporting "our" team, especially if they are prepared to do it from the other side of the world!
    I have no doubt that with patience (and hopefully less patients!!!) the good times will come.
    It is an exciting brand of rugby that we are getting glimpses of and once the passes and tackles start to stick and the kicks go where they are planned to go the stands will be rockin' and the fans who may have dropped off will come flooding back to share it with the hardcore, battle hardened supporters amongst us!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Yesterday's Australia v South Africa Game explains why you NEVER WATCH ANY SPORT thinking you will lose, or even being thrashed at half time...always have hope.

Thus boys, let us not try to predict the future...lets embrace the present and continue to look at things with the glass half full rather then glass half empty...

I still expect to win on Friday Night...both teams start at 0-0.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    "the glass half full rather then glass half empty"
    Sorry to break the flow (and a well put post too Egan) but it reminds me of a mate (can't remember who, maybe even on TWF?) saying "maybe the glass is just too big"!

Rookie Contributor spankytheking's Avatar
    vCash
    There is no spoon...... wait what were we talking about again

vCash
    i have hope, but it fades when i see poor play, inexplainable dropping of balls, shocking back line, trick ponys like henjak and brok booting it to the opp back line..amongst many others...

fingers need to be out by the next game...and players like henjak and brok need to stop being utter baw bags, and do the LINE OUTS PROPERLY!

vCash
    There were plenty of positives to take out of the game... Staniforth, Cameron Sheperd both played extremely well. The tight head scrum in the first half was awesome...
    We also have to realise that there is a lot of work still to be done.

Sharpe was sick all day, we lost him completely for the second half and has spent 2 days in hospital with dehydration since the game. Thats a massive loss and probably why the Reds line out suddenly started working in the second half.

We also had a pretty stiff run with the ref, there were some very interesting calls with some knock ons when the Force had the momentum.

But the obvious things that killed us are the same things that have been killing us all year.
    1. Our inability to find touch with our kicks. (Brock James especially)
    2. Service from the scrum base... Matt Henjak had another shocker. I am sure the only reason that he still has the starting job is that we are going after Gittau and we think that he will come if his mate matt is at scrum half... Fingers cross the ploy works.

Those 2 areas are putting us under sooo much pressure on both sides of the ball. Without finding touch we are constantly having to play in our own half, and giving the opposition great opportunities to counter attack. If you are inside your own 22 there should be NO excuse for not finding touch, yet Brock does it time and again.

With poor ball from the scrum base the first reciever is under tremendous pressure which put all the backs outside him under more pressure as well. I really think its time that Chris O'Young started getting a more game time. At least that way we can see what he can do.

I think we are in for an extremely tough game this weekend with the Tahs coming off a massive win, and we will be missing 2 possibly 3 of our best players (Fava, Shep and Sharpie is also in doubt now).

However as many of us on this forum have been saying. We want to see improvement every week, and I think we saw that this weekend. Maybe not across the whole park for the whole 80 minutes but the improvement was definately there.

Lets be honest we were all loving the boys when they crossed for those 2 tries. Now we just need to keep it going for 80 minutes... And we need to make sure that they have a true home ground advantage this weekend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Incompetent isn't the right word... But its the first one that comes to mind.
    -- Chuck Palahniuk.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodent
    I am sure the only reason that he still has the starting job is that we are going after Gittau and we think that he will come if his mate matt is at scrum half... Fingers cross the ploy works....................

..............Lets be honest we were all loving the boys when they crossed for those 2 tries. Now we just need to keep it going for 80 minutes... And we need to make sure that they have a true home ground advantage this weekend.
    I was wondering about the Matt Gittau connection as well.

Very true Rodent and well put.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Burgs - without doing a head count I reckon there were about 50 - 75 supporters there that we could see from our seats. There were many that were just wearing the members hat so they were hard to spot. We were talking to John Mulvihill's sister after the game so and she was following the team, at least for that game. So there were quite a few supporters there that might not have been wearing the team colours.

I still think for the first 70 minutes the Force supporters were louder than the reds........

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    "the glass half full rather then glass half empty"
    Sorry to break the flow (and a well put post too Egan) but it reminds me of a mate (can't remember who, maybe even on TWF?) saying "maybe the glass is just too big"!
    Burgs............ mate.............Didnt Uncle Budda teach you????

The glass is never toooo big.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile
    Burgs............ mate.............Didnt Uncle Budda teach you????

The glass is never toooo big.
    Hear hear

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Buddha is a rare exception to the rule though. It's no secret that he has a big mouth.

vCash
    At least we get to watch a home game in Perth these days - unlike Melbourne!!
    We even have a shot at beating the Tahs!
    If South Africa could win that cricket match the other night, then anything's possible!!!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagerian
    Buddha is a rare exception to the rule though. It's no secret that he has a big mouth.

The Budda hater just had to jump in with his 2 bobs worth. how disappointing.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    It was either that or not say anything... at all... That's not like me one little bit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3