Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Go The Force

Rookie Contributor spankytheking's Avatar
    vCash
    that was our chance for a win plain and simple. they totally rooted up the second half. but as they say we're still building and learning...hopefully we're quick learners

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    i never before the season started had over realistic high hopes for the force, i expected to at least do ok and did not expect us to be top or near halfway on the table.

one has to wonder why we threw it away against the reds..it wasnt as "woops i just dropped the ball accidently" it was pish to the core and was shocking to say the least.

i will be very suprised if we win next week.

Apprentice
    vCash

Keep the Faith

We just have to hang in there. I attended the reds game and I can tell you that watching a crowd of 21,000 pessimistic reds supporters not utter any support for there team for 75 min was terrible. 5 Force supporters made more sound than the entire stand even when we were behind.

Come on the force and come on the supporters.........

Apprentice
    vCash

Wannabe

Just realise I broke my Post cherry........

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metro
    Just realise I broke my Post cherry........
    Congrats metro, and welcome! And big kudos for making the trip across!

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    and a very good post it was metro. welcome.

The fact is that the Force are learning their ropes. Super Rugby is such a big step up from Club Rugby and we have such a young squad. Dont loose faith just yet guys. We have to think of this as a long term project. Short term pain for long term gain. Sure it hurts a little right now, but we will soon be smiling.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Welcome aboard metro.

vCash
    About time too Metro!!!!

The reds supporters were insipid, almost pathetic. We were talking to a couple of Reds members after the game and we commented on they fact that the crowd were unbelievably quiet. They told us that they themselves were embarrassed by the crowd and that they had been told to sit down and be quiet by members sitting around them.

As Metro said at the game, "They don't know what they have got because they have been spoilt having a team for 100 years"

They one thing that we have over them is the supporters at the game. Keep that in mind for this weeks game and make sure we show everyone that we are loyal supporters who know what it means to support a team .

At least we don't live in Melbourne and have no one to support!!!

Chin up people and look on the bright side of life.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan
    I enjoy the games and some people seemed to have unreasonable expectations.

I look forward to the next Force game and I will never be so pessimistic to think we are going to lose before the whistle starts...anything can happen in sport as I have witnessed many comebacks, many upsets etc.

I know for sure I will be a member of the Force next year, before the season started I knew it was going to be a tough season...to expect success is a little bit rich on our part.

It is now when the real supporters show...and the strength of character of the supporters, loyalty is a valuable characteristic and being a supporter of the Force means you support them through the tough times.

I will not be jumping off the bandwagon and am counting down the days to the next game.

So many positives, a little bit more maturity when the players understand that they must play for a full 80mins, a bit more fitness.

The positives

Our Defence was the best its ever been, tackled, strong
    Our Line Out's were won against the Reds
    Our Scrums were won agains the Reds play
    We had less penalties against us.

I will not dwell on things - What good is life when we dwell on performances like that?

Far more positives and can't wait to watch the Force this week.

Stick with the Force boys!
    Totally agree Egan, haven't seen the game yet but there's no way I'm bailing out either, regardless of what I see when the DVD finally gets to me. Well done and well said, kudos to you
    I know I bang on about it a bit but this is a classic time for folks to look to themselves and decide if they are going to be a fan or a supporter.
    Imagine the worst case scenario, we have the best team from each of the three nations coming up in the next few weeks.
    Quite realistically it could get very very messy.
    I choose to believe that it won't, but it could.
    If you find yourself ready to jump off a cliff already then I suggest you swing over to AFL for this season because the alternative could well be detrimental to your health!
    Regardless, I will still be behind the boys, looking to the future, trying to find the positives that we can build on in the next game.
    We received a right toweling in our last game but came back from the bye with some of the lessons learnt to reportedly play a very decent first half of rugby.
    I'll take that as progress.
    Don't get me wrong, the results hurt me too, I've waited as long as anyone for a team of "my own" to support and obviously I'd love to see more wins than losses.
    But I also know that bitching and moaning and basically giving the media more ammo about "Members Unrest" or the like isn't going to help the team I choose to support.
    They have ego’s that are being bruised along with their bodies, they will be hurting don't worry about that.
    One thing I do know is that elusive but inevitable first victory is getting all the sweeter with every bruising loss that we have.
    I don't really like their name, I especially don't like their jersey and I don't particularly like their home ground but the Western Force is "my" team and for as long as they field a side I will be a Member and I will be there when the tide turns and many many people have to eat humble pie.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Well finally recoverded from a rather bad weekend of sports results for me. I'm a Dockers fan too.

Anyway, just going to make a few observations and leave the detail stuff to those that know better.

Henjak....Oh dear, he had a couple of decent passes but the rest were poor. He's too slow at getting the ball out and accuracy is shit house. He's passing to the man and not letting guys run on. His attitude stank too. Personally I think he's too f'ing cocky.....Bench him and get Young on.

Sharpie......not his best game but considering he was unwell he played remarkably....what was the pack like after he went off....fell appart completely. Need to work on that.

Brock James......He seems to want to do superstar kicks every time and severely sacrifices his accuracy....calm down, do the basics right and build on it.

Pusey....great effort best yet.

Welbourne and the rest of the pack the same.

Digby....OK you are good but same goes as Brock.....get the basics right....also it's a team game....could have taken safe options so as to not risk the lead.

Oh forgot.....loved the way Cannon got the Reds pack all rattled......very entertaining.

Shepard....apart from the first penalty....what was he thinking about?....He kicked well.

Backs as a whole....still suffering from nerves I fear. Looking better but have to get tighter and gain consistency.

The thing I found most frustrating about the game was the amount of opportunities we passed up to gain territory with plane old fashioned kicks into touch. When you have a pack rattled like we did why not kick to touch and let the forwards do their thing. It doesn't need to be 50m every time, all you need to do is keep pushing them back... A shit load better than having your own forwards work hard and then have to go back.

Overall a reasonable performance considering....some very very promising play and some shit house play....but hey, we're getting better and that is all I can ask.

Go The Force

Just happy to be here

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    And welcome Metro from me too, now you've made the break I'm looking forward to many more posts to come
    Well done to the travellers too, did you notice any/many other Force supporters in the crowd?

Apprentice
    vCash
    PS: Don't forget we had an Historic Moment on Sat nite...............2 tries in one game!!!!!!!!!

The Metro - Fast & Efficient

vCash
    i dont really think the issue is people not supporting its more people are dissapointed with the quality that we show. we have good players, just a matter of time before we play as a team and stop making basic errors that dishearten the fans 8) lets face it its a building year and if theyre still poop next year then we're in trouble.

dont forget to download ur western force games from aussietorrents

Rookie
    vCash
    Saw all the boys down at City Beach this arvo - playing Soccer - (spankytheking will be happy)

Our first win. At bloody last. Well Done Guys! Perfect end to season

vCash
    that was the glory squad for next season training...2 birds with 1 stone LoL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast