Thread: Mumm's the word as Dean steps up

vCash

Mumm's the word as Dean steps up

Mumm's the word as Dean steps up
    Bret Harris | October 07, 2008

DEAN Mumm's breakthrough season with the Wallabies has been an intermittent process, but he is looking to make an enduring mark on the tour of Hong Kong and Europe.

Mumm has been in and out of the Wallabies' squad since making his Test debut against Ireland in the opening match of the year in Melbourne in June.

He has played in five of the nine Tests, starting in the second row in the 40-10 win against France in Brisbane, and coming off the bench in the other four.

But the spring tour offers Mumm an opportunity to secure a regular place in the Wallabies' 22-man squad, if not the starting line-up.

"I'm very excited about the trip," Mumm said. "It's a big test for me. I've had this opportunity throughout the year and now it's time for me to make my mark.

"I've got to put the work in in these next couple of weeks and prove to Robbie (Deans) and the coaches that I'm good enough to be consistently in the 22.

"It's time for me to set myself some challenges to step up.

"I've got confidence having been in the camp for a certain period of time. I feel like I'm part of the team. It's important for me personally to perform and for the team to perform as well."

Mumm, 24, has coped well with a start to a Test career, which has alternately ceased and restarted.

more here...Mumm's the word as Dean steps up | The Australian

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    i would definetly prefer Mumm over Chisolm, Chisolm just looks distinctly shit to me, he performs reasonably well at S14 level but is no where near being a Wallaby lock.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!