Thread: Reporters!!!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Reporters!!!

Beware, Burgs rant warning!!!

See, this is what really irks me about rugby reporters:

The Crusaders have trounced a brave Chiefs outfit 25-19 in their nail-biting Tooheys New Super 14 clash at Waikato Stadium in Hamilton.

I didn't watch this match, I have only the ARU posted match report to go on, but how can you be "trounced" when you are a converted try away from winning the "nail-bitting" match????
    A trouncing in my mind is just short of a thrashing, somewhere in the order of a 20-30 point loss. Synonyms from my thesaurus include rout, thrash, crush, overwhelm and slaughter.
    With a lucky break at some point in the last twenty minutes the Chiefs could have been in front!

The Chiefs looked a different side in the second half and tested the resilient Crusaders defence on a countless number of times, including a heart-pounding tirade inside the last five minutes.
    58 minutes in, the home side appeared to have extended its lead when Sivivatu showed his tremendous power to charge over the line, but a decision by the third match official (TMO) found he had been held up.
    The momentum then shifted in favour of the visitors and, after a successful defence of their line, they were in for another try on the back of some Gear brilliance.
    Gear charged 30m through a gap in the Chiefs' defence in the 62nd minute before off-loading to Tuiali'i who outpaced his opposite number Sione Lauaki to the line for a converted try to take the Crusaders in front 25-19.
    This proved to be the defining moment of the game as the clinical Crusaders held off a relentless assault from the home side to take the points.

You've got to be kidding me...."TROUNCED"?????
    How about, "Crusaders hold on to top spot with a fortunate away win against an unlucky Chiefs"?
    Just as accurate if you ask me....

Here endith thy rant.... for today

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Waratahs 50 - 3 Cats
    See, now that's a "Trouncing" or even a thrashing!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    The report on the ABC site seems a bit more realistic - "A Bruising Win" " Close encounters of the physical kind" "final 10 minutes desperately defending a slender lead as Jono Gibbes led his feisty Chiefs in wave after wave of drives on the line. "

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach
    The report on the ABC site seems a bit more realistic - "A Bruising Win" " Close encounters of the physical kind" "final 10 minutes desperately defending a slender lead as Jono Gibbes led his feisty Chiefs in wave after wave of drives on the line. "

Watched on Foxtel; a very intense game;could have gone either way,Some big hitting was the order of the day.The Chiefs #8 had a blinder

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    Waratahs 50 - 3 Cats
    See, now that's a "Trouncing" or even a thrashing!
    Oh it was more than a thrashing to be sure. You couldn't tell there was another team out there.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Just watching the Crusaders Cheifs game again and it's a great game to watch......Cheifs were so unlucky. Crusaders did not look comfortable under pressure but if you give them a sniff of a break then you better get ready to chase.

Just happy to be here