Thread: Bulldogs don't want Sonny Bill back - club

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash

Bulldogs don't want Sonny Bill back - club

Bulldogs don't want Sonny Bill back - club
    Wednesday, 24 September 2008
    Bulldogs don't want Sonny Bill back - club - New Zealand's source for sport, rugby, cricket & league news on Stuff.co.nz

Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg has shut the door on a return to the NRL club by runaway forward Sonny Bill Williams.

Williams is reportedly homesick at French rugby union outfit Toulon and upset at his treatment by millionaire club president Mourad Boudjellal.

"We've heard those rumours as well and it's not surprising at all for us that he's homesick," Greenberg told Sydney radio station 2KY.

"Sometimes he got homesick when he was living back here in Sydney."

Greenberg said speculation the Bulldogs could be interested in bringing Williams back to the club was wide of the mark.

"If you're asking me if we want him back, the answer's no," he said.

"We've had no contact from Sonny Bill or his manager.

"We've moved on and our suggestion is he do exactly the same.

"In my view this chapter's over, it's complete. Sonny made his choices some months ago, the reality of that is now he has to live with those choices."

Williams has been nursing a leg injury and his time on the sidelines has reportedly angered Boudjellal.

"I think there's some reality checks in that, it's welcome to the real world," Greenberg said.

"People expect a return on their investment and millionaires don't become millionaires by making stupid decisions. Millionaires like this guy in France don't give away money without expecting a return on the outlay.

"Some are more bullish than others and I'm sure this gentleman, by the sound of things, sounds a little bullish but my advice to Sonny would be put your head down and do your best. I'm sure he'll be a great rugby union player."

The former Kiwi international second-rower paid $750,000 compensation to the Bulldogs after walking out midway through the first year of a five-year deal in July, but the NRL has blackbanned him.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    SBW.

Was Sonny Bill Williams, then Money Bill Williams.

Fast turning out to be Sonny Bill W@nker.

I really hope the Dogs stick to this line. And all other NRL clubs if the rumor is accurate.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    he cant play for any other NRL side untill 2013 anyway. But then again since when do goal posts stay put these days.

I hope the NRL clubs give him the cold shoulder, SBW made his bed and he has to lay in it now
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    he cant play for any other NRL side untill 2013 anyway.
    Great.

Hopefully the Tahs or a Kiwi franchise will sign him when the Frog millionaire tears his contract up. Then we'll get to boo the crap out of him when Crossy & Co pound him into the dirt at Subi.

Not that I have a grudge against him or anything.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    What a D!ck

EDIT: SBW, not Shasta

Last edited by GIGS20; 24-09-08 at 14:24. Reason: needed to clarify
    C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Wonder what the reaction would have been if he had been a popular character in mungo?
    Greenberg may be dancing to a less "tough guy mungo Exec" tune when SBW is playing for the Warriors and smashing the tar out of his players.
    Sounds to me that Greenberg needs to spit the kilo of lemons out before he fronts the media again.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Was Sonny Bill Williams, then Money Bill Williams.
    You forgot that "Dunny" Bill Williams incident in between

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Wonder what the reaction would have been if he had been a popular character in mungo?
    Errrrm.........I know you've been away for a while Burgs, but Sonny was an extremely popular player in the NRL. Until he showed that his word isn't worth the paper he wrote it on. If he'd fronted his team mates and done the legal stuff properly there'd be no hard feelings. There's not a lot here anyway, but I'd still love to boo the crap outta him at Subi.

Reading between the lines, that dicky knee may be a long term problem for him and any team that signs him.

You're right Beige, I'd forgotten. On purpose.