Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Injury ends Caleb Brown's Force career

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Tell me TOCC does it get windy all the way up there on your pedestal?

Huxley isn't at all different to the James Stannard situation and I've not said it is. All I'm saying is that having to cut players who cannot play is a reality of professional sport and you can't say that the Force is any worse than the Reds or the Waratahs or the Brumbies. Just as choosing not to renew a contract if the player isn't right for you or the team is too.
    this has nothing to do with me trying to take the high ground, im merely saying that sacking a player when he is injured, down on his luck and just moved from another state is pretty cold, if it was the the Reds that did it then i would be dirty at them, but its not.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    this has nothing to do with me trying to take the high ground, im merely saying that sacking a player when he is injured, down on his luck and just moved from another state is pretty cold, if it was the the Reds that did it then i would be dirty at them, but its not.
    We had McKay on contract for three damn years because of his constant injuries, ever thought we didn't want to go through that again? It's basically throwing your money in a pit.

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    With the number of contracted players allowed (31 I make it from a quick count on the Force website) we can not afford to have too many players with long term injury problems. With question marks hanging over Wykes, Staniforth, Fava, Hockings, Pat O'Conner, Cummins, and Shepard we already had enough potential problems to sort out before the next season without adding in Caleb Brown (not saying they won't all be ready for next season, it's just you can never be certain about recovery from injuries). I know it's not nice for Brown but we could not afford to carry him.

vCash
    There was a clause in Caleb's contract that if his injury reoccurred then they could rip up the contract.....the have done nothing wrong or untoward in this situation.

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    Like I said, he knew about the clause and he still signed the contract. If he's dirty then he should be dirty for a) signing a contract with an injury clause in it or b) at the god of dodgy hamstrings.

Nothing more to say, bad luck for the guy, I'm sure if the Lachie thing hadn't happened, the club would have looked after him clause or not, but we need staff on the pitch not in the doctor's surgery!

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    News is that Western Force are targeting an international player for the wing spot ... but whom ? Habana would be nice in a sky blue jumper or even the England Winger who looked well against the all blacks on a recent tour across the ditch (name unknown)
    Without a change to the ARU eligability rules this is not possible without the player having never played at Test, "A" or Sevens (not sure re U21's & U20's) and having some kind of family link to Australia or going through the qualification period BEFORE playing a single match for any Aus S14 Team.
    Pure speculation from shoddy reporters.

Really sorry for Caleb, he has heaps of potential, but I doubt anyone would touch him now with a time bomb for a hamstring.
    For him to leave Queensland/Reds in the first place underlines how much of a last chance he was on.

PS, TOCC, sorry, but you're talking poop, stop and wipe your chin.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    The rules have changed allowing one(I think)international player per team

Champion
    vCash
    The dumb thing about all this is , he will be ready for Pre season training in 3 weeks...not 6 months as been put out?

What is going on at RugbyWA?

vCash
    as stated above by other people, I think the Force are keen to avoid any injury prone players who may spend alot of their time not actually playing.

Would you prefer to have another Lauchie McKay on the books playing 3 or 4 games in 3 years??

Thats professional sport, it has to be run as a business

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    What is going on at RugbyWA?
    a bit more than rugby victoria

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Without a change to the ARU eligability rules this is not possible without the player having never played at Test, "A" or Sevens (not sure re U21's & U20's) and having some kind of family link to Australia or going through the qualification period BEFORE playing a single match for any Aus S14 Team.
    Pure speculation from shoddy reporters.

Really sorry for Caleb, he has heaps of potential, but I doubt anyone would touch him now with a time bomb for a hamstring.
    For him to leave Queensland/Reds in the first place underlines how much of a last chance he was on.

PS, TOCC, sorry, but you're talking poop, stop and wipe your chin.
    Firstly it has being all over the news that the ARU will decide in the next month or so whether S14 sides will be allowed to have a foreign player for the start of the 2009 season, so its hardly speculation from shoddy reporters at all. Other state unions have already being linked to possible foreign players to play for the s14 sides.

Secondly, all i said was that it was cold to sack the poor bloke, thats hardly talking shit, if you took those dark blue glasses off for a second you might be able to understand that. Also, i think it was me in the first place who said when he signed with the team that he is a good player if he can stayed unjury free.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    TOCC...you could probably apply the same argument to Matt Hanjak. He got down on his luck and was sacked with no prospects.

But I am sure you agree that Rugby WA did the right thing.

vCash
    unfortunately he didn't stay injury free. He had an injury clause in his contract and got canned. Thats professional sport for ya, no point dwelling on it. It wont be the last time it ever happens
    Posted via Mobile Device

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    On the first point TOCC, sorry the fact that they will/may decide in a month IF one player MAY be allowed next year hasn't quite bumped the two political conventions, Hurricane Gustav and the Brett Favre saga off the headlines in the US, my humblest apologies to you (not that it was your point anyway) and the shoddy journalists alike.

On the second point, you were passing judgement on the loyalty of the Force to their playing Squad, them bringing him over (on a last chance) and exercising their contractual rights when he broke down again.
    All of which you took a miss guided emotive stance on and all of which was rebuted by the rest of us with factual points.
    The issue is were they right to have bothered giving him the last chance at all or should they have just overlooked him in the first place.
    I am sure that Caleb would realise exactly what the situation was when he signed and the ramifications of breaking down again and that he would have been grateful to have received the life line in the first place.
    You chose the wrong horse to flog with your maroon coloured whip.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3