Page 48 of 151 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 98 148 ... LastLast

Thread: What Ruffles you Feathers (Mk II)

vCash
    the massive party next door keeping me awaaaake
    good music though.. mental as anything and hoodoo gurus.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    Tragic that's awful! How long til it fixes? I think my Dad did something simmilar but he all but destroyed himself and it took a while to fix.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    waiting to hear about finance on a car ruffles my feathers.

but not in a bad way. its just freaking me out...

vCash
    Ooohhh... new wheels. Exciting

Robyn, I should be walking in an almost human manner in a couple of weeks Tell your dad I sympathise.

In the meantime, crutches SUCK
    They might be good for Lote-bashing, though.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    yeah. its only been 11 months since i was in the same posistion tragic

and i hope that your calf gets better, it sounds like it tickles a bit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tragic View Post
    Ooohhh... new wheels. Exciting

Robyn, I should be walking in an almost human manner in a couple of weeks Tell your dad I sympathise.

In the meantime, crutches SUCK
    They might be good for Lote-bashing, though.
    Crutches! That's really no good! He had all these special streches that made it faster - have you got those? Use them! He said they helped a fair bit. Oooohh are you going to the tahs game!? Keep the crutches til then

---------- Post added at 14:15 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

This little brat I umpired for netball today ruffles my feathers!! The ball comes off her hand and went out of court so I called the ball of blue (her team) and gave possession to the green team - she looks down her nose and me and says 'Off BLUE?!' and when I repeated my call she rolls her eyes and stomps off like a 2 year old. I umpire 14 year olds because they are meant to be more mature... Jeez!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    This little brat I umpired for netball today ruffles my feathers!! The ball comes off her hand and went out of court so I called the ball of blue (her team) and gave possession to the green team - she looks down her nose and me and says 'Off BLUE?!' and when I repeated my call she rolls her eyes and stomps off like a 2 year old. I umpire 14 year olds because they are meant to be more mature... Jeez!

there will always be that one child out of a team that cannot seem to understand that they, yes they!, made a mistake

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Chuck her in the bin Umpy been doin it all night

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Chuck her in the bin Umpy been doin it all night
    I don't even think you can chuck little cows in the bin in netball. Wish I could. This one chic was slapping the other team and I blew her like 4 times for it and she just kept doing it! Crazy cows. I'd love to bin one of them. Actually, maybe not. There have been many an umpire that would have loved to throw me in the bin.

What ALSO ruffles my feathers is that I blew a rugby rule during the netball game I was SO mortified. The ball went out of court, out of the field of play, so I blew the whistle, but a girl jumped out of court to hit it back in and so the ball never touched the ground and neither did she. So the ball was technically not out of play (dumbest netball rule EVER). But I blew the whistle regardless and it took me a second to realise CRAP that's a rugby rule. All of the players looked at me like I was retarded Hehe.

vCash
    Whoops! Maybe you should switch sports, robyn?

(And, no, not going to Sydney, unfortunately... )

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tragic View Post
    Whoops! Maybe you should switch sports, robyn?

(And, no, not going to Sydney, unfortunately... )
    Maybe I should. I'd make a cracking prop!

Alas! I'm not either I found a piece of poly pipe in the bin and when someone showed up to work late (causing me to have to stay late) I threatened to hit him with it. It took me a moment to realise I have a new Lote-bashing stick Let's go get him!

vCash
    The ball went out of court, out of the field of play, so I blew the whistle, but a girl jumped out of court to hit it back in and so the ball never touched the ground and neither did she. So the ball was technically not out of play (dumbest netball rule EVER). But I blew the whistle regardless and it took me a second to realise CRAP that's a rugby rule. All of the players looked at me like I was retarded Hehe.
    So let me get this right, the ball was over the line, but hadn't touched the ground, the player was over the line, but hadn't touched the ground, the ball was slapped back into the field of play and didn't touch the ground.........I don't think the ball was out in rugby either......Am I wrong? wasn't it an AFL rule you blew there Robyn?

for shame!

C'mon the

vCash
    the person who lit the fire in the bushlands just up the road from my house!
    thank god my bro saw who did it so there BUSTEDDDD!!!!

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    I don't even think you can chuck little cows in the bin in netball. Wish I could. This one chic was slapping the other team and I blew her like 4 times for it and she just kept doing it! Crazy cows. I'd love to bin one of them. Actually, maybe not. There have been many an umpire that would have loved to throw me in the bin.

I just asked the wife (who umpires netball) about this and she said you can sinbin a player in Netball. They're gone for the rest of the quarter and the team has to play one player down. You can also kick someone off for the game and they can't be replaced till the start of the next quarter.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    I just asked the wife (who umpires netball) about this and she said you can sinbin a player in Netball. They're gone for the rest of the quarter and the team has to play one player down. You can also kick someone off for the game and they can't be replaced till the start of the next quarter.
    Yep they can be binned...you have to give them a warning first (unless its an extreme infringement). call time and inform the player and also the coach (coaches tend to get all, 'well no one told me' on umpires) that their play is unacceptable and continuing to play like that will get them sent off. I think for a first infringement its 5mins or a particular amount of goals (might be two) ...then after that its for the rest of the quarter....and you can also kick someone off for the rest of the game (though hopefully it never gets to this point)....

you can also warn spectators and coaches...though its a bit hard to kick them out in junior netball, but they can face the association's committee to sort out their behaviour.

Page 48 of 151 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 98 148 ... LastLast