Page 85 of 151 FirstFirst ... 35 75 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 95 135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2264

Thread: What Ruffles you Feathers (Mk II)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    you'd have to tell me about that one mate
    Apparently you need to hav 'Flareable Lats' and be addicted to protein

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    having my motorbike stolen last night by no doubt some low life scum sucker drugie prick.... oh just to get my hands on them and introduce them to some real pain!!!

"The only trophy we won this day, was the blood and sweat we left on the pitch.... and it was enough"

"Rugby may have many problems, but the gravest is undoubtedly that of the persistence of summer."
    Chris Laidlaw, New Zealand rugby player and sportswriter. Mud in Your Eye: A Worm's Eye View of the Changing World of Rugby (I 973).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldCunus View Post
    having my motorbike stolen last night by no doubt some low life scum sucker drugie prick.... oh just to get my hands on them and introduce them to some real pain!!!
    That's F'kin low

What sort of bike was it?

C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Action Hardcore View Post
    The downside of working as a gay male prostitute hey jono?
    Hmmm....thinking back over months of past posts, I suddenly find myself a lot less comfortable with all that talk of "protein shakes" down the gym

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    This, it's getting bloody contagious:

Town's only pub closes abruptly

SARAH QUINTON, The West Australian May 26, 2010, 2:30 am

Hundreds of thirsty miners and pastoralists around Australia's hottest town have been left high and dry after the only pub in Marble Bar abruptly shut its doors this week.
    The lessees of the Iron Clad suddenly left town with everything but the kitchen sink on Monday, leaving gasping locals wondering where to quench their thirst.
    Stripped bare of every scrap of memorabilia, including historical photos and trophies, the corrugated iron-clad pub was gutted of its fridges, bar chairs, light bulbs, bedding, an air-conditioner and ice machine as the lessees took all their goods with them.
    Owner Thomas Fox has flown in from Brazil and is frantic to get the 117-year-old pub open again before thousands of punters descend on the tiny town for the annual Marble Bar Cup in July.
    Left with the task of replacing essential whitegoods and even tap fittings to bring it back to its former glory, Mr Fox is still optimistic. "It's now a race against time to get the place up and running before the cup," he said. "But I have a bare canvas to work from, so it will be quite a challenge."
    The Iron Clad has always been the only pub in town to serve up a frothy cold beer.
    Now the remaining 200 locals living in town have to make a 600km round trip to Port Hedland for a coldie or to stock up on a slab of beer with no other venue licensed to sell takeaway alcohol.
    Town stalwart Harold "Bung" Western, 75, had an unofficial reserved corner in the bar but has also lost his job as the pub's cleaner. "It's bloody awful because there's no beer," he said. "I spent most nights here and to me the pub means friendship."
    Marble Bar Travellers Stop owner Michael Corbet said the pub was the only place to buy takeaways. His restaurant licence means he can only cater for dine-in customers.
    "People have been coming to me asking for alcohol but I can't give them any," he said. "It's left everyone in the lurch." Marble Bar Race Club secretary Kristie Crawford said a crisis meeting between police and Liquor Licensing has been arranged for tomorrow to devise a plan in case the pub was still shut during the races.
    Up to 2000 people are expected to attend the cup but Ms Crawford said that without the pub, there would be added pressure on crowd control.
    "This changes everything," she said. "We have to get extra security because it means an extra 1000 people to cater for and we will have to double the amount of alcohol we order for the day. We have been in the town with no beer before but that was just a week and this is a bit more drastic."

The pub with no beer

By Andrew Collins, ABC Radio
    3 June, 2010 8:04 AM AWST

People in the East Pilbara are facing a thirsty challenge with concerns that a second pub in the region could be without takeway alcohol.
    The recent and sudden closure of Marble Bar's only pub has forced some people to drive 120 kilometres to Nullagine to purchase alcohol, the closest place from the town.
    But now, the Conglomerate Hotel is running out of alcohol due to the influx of customers.
    Manager Brett Powter says it'll be a blow to those travelling all the way from Marble Bar.
    "They don't really want to make the drive but in times of emergency you have to. It's life-threatening. It's terrible. More alcohol is expected to be sent to Nullagine later this week."

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    This, it's getting bloody contagious:

Town's only pub closes abruptly

SARAH QUINTON, The West Australian May 26, 2010, 2:30 am

Hundreds of thirsty miners and pastoralists around Australia's hottest town have been left high and dry after the only pub in Marble Bar abruptly shut its doors this week.
    The lessees of the Iron Clad suddenly left town with everything but the kitchen sink on Monday, leaving gasping locals wondering where to quench their thirst.
    Stripped bare of every scrap of memorabilia, including historical photos and trophies, the corrugated iron-clad pub was gutted of its fridges, bar chairs, light bulbs, bedding, an air-conditioner and ice machine as the lessees took all their goods with them.
    Owner Thomas Fox has flown in from Brazil and is frantic to get the 117-year-old pub open again before thousands of punters descend on the tiny town for the annual Marble Bar Cup in July.
    Left with the task of replacing essential whitegoods and even tap fittings to bring it back to its former glory, Mr Fox is still optimistic. "It's now a race against time to get the place up and running before the cup," he said. "But I have a bare canvas to work from, so it will be quite a challenge."
    The Iron Clad has always been the only pub in town to serve up a frothy cold beer.
    Now the remaining 200 locals living in town have to make a 600km round trip to Port Hedland for a coldie or to stock up on a slab of beer with no other venue licensed to sell takeaway alcohol.
    Town stalwart Harold "Bung" Western, 75, had an unofficial reserved corner in the bar but has also lost his job as the pub's cleaner. "It's bloody awful because there's no beer," he said. "I spent most nights here and to me the pub means friendship."
    Marble Bar Travellers Stop owner Michael Corbet said the pub was the only place to buy takeaways. His restaurant licence means he can only cater for dine-in customers.
    "People have been coming to me asking for alcohol but I can't give them any," he said. "It's left everyone in the lurch." Marble Bar Race Club secretary Kristie Crawford said a crisis meeting between police and Liquor Licensing has been arranged for tomorrow to devise a plan in case the pub was still shut during the races.
    Up to 2000 people are expected to attend the cup but Ms Crawford said that without the pub, there would be added pressure on crowd control.
    "This changes everything," she said. "We have to get extra security because it means an extra 1000 people to cater for and we will have to double the amount of alcohol we order for the day. We have been in the town with no beer before but that was just a week and this is a bit more drastic."

The pub with no beer

By Andrew Collins, ABC Radio
    3 June, 2010 8:04 AM AWST

People in the East Pilbara are facing a thirsty challenge with concerns that a second pub in the region could be without takeway alcohol.
    The recent and sudden closure of Marble Bar's only pub has forced some people to drive 120 kilometres to Nullagine to purchase alcohol, the closest place from the town.
    But now, the Conglomerate Hotel is running out of alcohol due to the influx of customers.
    Manager Brett Powter says it'll be a blow to those travelling all the way from Marble Bar.
    "They don't really want to make the drive but in times of emergency you have to. It's life-threatening. It's terrible. More alcohol is expected to be sent to Nullagine later this week."
    Was that the half story I saw on A Current Affair the other night?

I was scanning thorugh the channels and saw them waffling on about a pub that got closed down up north but no mention of the town

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Hope so otherwise that makes THREE!!!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    They mentioned a race day so I assume so
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    ... vet bills :s

and the possiblity of having to give up going to the corporate box for Wallabies v All Blacks in Melbourne

... hmmm the dog doesn't really need the use of her hind leg does she? ... I had a rat who managed fine without them for two years...

Being a Mastiff x Ridgeback, she is only slightly bigger than a rat ...

Last edited by Lonzy; 11-06-10 at 13:16.
    "Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

vCash
    Aw, Lonz

(How big are the bloody rats round your way???)

Ruffling: the spooky green is back for me. This time in the Oz V England book, this time next to Nick Easter. Used to be against Nick Cummins. Maybe it's something to do with the word "nick"? It's freaking me out.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Vuvuzelas.

If one of them ever makes it to a rugby match, I hope it gets jammed up it's owner.

- Winston Churchill

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tragic View Post
    Vuvuzelas.

If one of them ever makes it to a rugby match, I hope it gets jammed up it's owner.
    http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...hoes-in-perth/

this may help you. of course, the other option is to turn the sound off and put your own on.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Vuvuzelas.

They were reported to be banned from the South Africa v France test last weekend. Or maybe it's that rugby fans would rather watch the match.

vCash
    Vuvuzelas.
    I agree!

Do all soccer fans blow?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...hoes-in-perth/

this may help you. of course, the other option is to turn the sound off and put your own on.
    Cheers!
    The option I'm currently going for is either not watching at all, or watching with the sound nearly off. Mostly the former.

---------- Post added at 18:05 ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 ----------

Someone on Facebook is complaining that she had her vuvuzelas confiscated at the gate at a Boks game in Perth.

GOOD.

- Winston Churchill

Page 85 of 151 FirstFirst ... 35 75 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 95 135 ... LastLast