Page 56 of 151 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 106 ... LastLast

Thread: What Ruffles you Feathers (Mk II)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by force addict View Post
    being charged $13 for a movie ticket, and having to put up with evil school kids drooling, clapping and sighing when 'hottie' zac efron is on the screen
    yawn..
    You tell 'em granny

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    i did!
    shock and horror on their faces when me and my mate went 'eeeew' every 2 seconds.

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    the Pope and Cardinal George Pell.

they both discust me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post

they both discust me
    They both discussed you, when?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post

they both discust me
    Assuming you meant disgust, is it the article about Pell agreeing with the Pope that condoms are making the AIDS epidemic worse? If so, read this article, if not then read the article anyway. http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...s-condom-claim

vCash
    sorry, yes i meant disgust.
    and that's the article i read. it's the same one as is on perthnow.com

it is easy for him to say it isnt working at the moment. because it isnt. but there is no education to change the way that people view HIV/AIDS.
    there is no education to promote the use of condoms as protective measure against HIV/AIDS.

and the poor quality of the condoms available. if the church was to reverse it's stance against condoms, the would be in a posistion to help funding to distribute far better quality ones than are available now. and mabye they would help the problem instead of exaserbating it.

condoms can provide a measure of protection from contracting or distributing HIV/AIDS. but they will not work with the church condemming them. because the greatest growth of catholic persons, are in the places where the HIV/AIDS epidemics are the worst.

thats why i am disgusted with the pope and George. because they are doing THE EXACT OPPOSITE of the very foundation of the catholic church. they are not helping the needy. and the people infected or at risk of infection of HIV/AIDS, are some of the most needy people on the planet. they should be disgusted in themselves as well

vCash
    I don't think they are saying condoms are useless against proventing the spread of AIDS. Its more that the condoms available are dodgy, most people can't even afford the condoms if they are available, the education of condom use is not there and in a lot of cases its against religion. At uni we watched a video on the spread of AIDS and in a lot of cases there is a belief that sleeping with a virgin will cure someone of AIDS. Why go buy condoms when thats not a part of their belief system? There's also a lot of stigma associated with AIDS and going out in public to buy condoms so that you dont infect other people. Its mvastly different over there, going to the shop to buy condoms isn't commn place, they know that the people buying them have AIDS. Its the same as publicly admitting you had AIDS, would you publicly admit something like that?

There is education but how many people do you kow who would willingly volounteer to pay their way to Africa to educate people on the use of condoms, and I don't just mean the nice urban areas of Africa, I mean the most remote villages or even the slums of Asia. How many people can you honestly say would volountarily put them self in a place where AIDS is the least of people's worries. There is not a lot of funding for this kind of thing, charities work on the donations from people and that can only go so far.

Having the Pope and Pell change their stance, IMHO, won't effect the problem. Its not as if the most remote villages of Africa have tvs or newspapers that people are going to read and think, "oh, the Pope doesn't agree with condoms as an effective measure to stop the spread of AIDS so I won't use them". I don't think them changing their opinion will have a great effect at all and I don't think the fact that they have announced their opinion will have great effect either.

But this probably not the place to discuss condom use and the spread of AIDS so PM me.

vCash
    have done so.

on a more topic related note.
    loosing a carton because the force cant play for 80 minutes ruffles my feathers

Champion
    vCash
    What ruffles my feathers is that mitchell is still in 15 and both times in 09 when he's worn 15 we've lost in a game we should of won.

1st game - Sharks 21/03
    2nd game - Canes 10/04

When will John Mitchell see this !!

vCash
    the canes winning!!!!!!!!!

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    The dreadful people sitting infront of me who talked through the minute of silence. Walked up to their seats gabbling away until with about 5 seconds to go someone says 'Oh its a minute of silence guys shush'

I was so frustrated!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    What ruffles my feathers is that mitchell is still in 15 and both times in 09 when he's worn 15 we've lost in a game we should of won.

1st game - Sharks 21/03
    2nd game - Canes 10/04

When will John Mitchell see this !!
    Drew played at 15 last week against the Reds and against the Brumbies in Canberra.

The disrespectful so and so that yelled during the minutes silence. How hard is it to shut your trap for one minute, put your team aside and show some respct

vCash
    yeah. the yobbo who yelled GO THE CANES during the minute silence deserved to be silenced. permanently.

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    i was pretty impressed with the participation of the minute's silence.

out of 20,000 people i'd say there were less than 100 people talking(open to debate). either way those people are disgusting and should be ashamed of themselves.

vCash
    but all in all the minute silence was a lot more quiet then i expected

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

Page 56 of 151 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 106 ... LastLast