Page 140 of 151 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 150 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2264

Thread: What Ruffles you Feathers (Mk II)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    i'm all for life bans.
    So am I, but not for a first offence. 2 years for being found cheating, with increased surveillance testing when you are allowed back, and you have to pay for the increased testing (which can get expensive!). Life ban for subsequent offences, partly because you are too stupid to cheat successfully

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    So am I, but not for a first offence....... Life ban for subsequent offences, partly because you are too stupid to cheat successfully
    The Russian in question has tested positive twice - once for a steroid and the second for the same substance that got Sharapova 2 years - zero tolerance for her when there were reasonable mitigating circumstances. Yet, inexplicably, FINA clears Efimova and she gets a Silver that belongs to someone else. Spineless, like the IOC. I'm not naive enough to think that cheating is not fairly invasive in the pro sports era. But it's completely unacceptable that the governing bodies, in the face of reportedly overwhelming evidence, haven't got the guts to pursue the cheats to the N'th degree.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Or like in boxing where lucas Browne got 6 months where povetkin was allowed to continue fighting.

There just needs to be some consistency.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    The Russian in question has tested positive twice - once for a steroid and the second for the same substance that got Sharapova 2 years - zero tolerance for her when there were reasonable mitigating circumstances. Yet, inexplicably, FINA clears Efimova and she gets a Silver that belongs to someone else. Spineless, like the IOC. I'm not naive enough to think that cheating is not fairly invasive in the pro sports era. But it's completely unacceptable that the governing bodies, in the face of reportedly overwhelming evidence, haven't got the guts to pursue the cheats to the N'th degree.
    I was reading earlier that Efirmova is only competing at these game games because of an appeal to the CAS and that there is currently an investigation underway into how long the drug she tested positive for remains in the human system. Hopefully she will be stripped of her medal down the track.

Good to see Michael Phelps back Horton and King in the past 24 hours.

Also I saw the International Paralympic Committee show more spine than the IOC by banning all Russian athletes at he Paralympic Games.

vCash
    Wasting 2 hours of my life that I won't get back trying to log into census website which has crashed. Apparently Government can't understand why 16 million people trying to log on in one evening would have been an issue- DOHH! And the helpline can't cope with with flooded calls and has shut down. FFS-what feckin eejit employs even more eejits!

vCash
    Had tafe tonight & would have bet the farm on that happening. So I had no inclination to do it tonight

vCash
    I knew the website was going to to crash so I didn't even bother with the census tonight.

You have until September 9 anyway.

vCash
    Filled it in yesterday, but was always expecting a screen to appear saying "What are you doing filling it in a day early, dickhead?"

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    the gas strut on my office chair is dying.

somewhat annoying slowly sinking down against the desk as i'm trying to complete assignments!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I knew the website was going to to crash.
    Has the AFP come calling yet?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Skimpies not on at Diggers

Kate Emery
    The West Australian
    August 12, 2016, 12:55 am

The presence of scantily clad barmaids at Kalgoorlie’s Diggers & Dealers annual mining conference has been branded “completely unacceptable” by business leader John Lydon.

Mr Lydon, who heads the Australian arm of the world’s best- known management consulting firm, said McKinsey & Co would never attend such an event.

“It’s completely unacceptable and I’m sorry to anyone who was there or thinks that’s acceptable, it’s not,” he said yesterday, a week after the latest conference wrapped up.

Skimpies are not welcome at Kalgoorlie's Diggers and Dealers mining conference. Picture: Richard Jefferson.
    “We won’t go to an event like that. We present at all sorts of conferences in mining but there’s absolutely no way. We as leaders just have to tell everyone it’s unacceptable.”

Mr Lydon’s comments, made at a CEDA lunch in Perth yesterday in response to an audience question, were echoed by a fellow panellist, Department of Local Government director-general Jennifer Mathews.

Ms Mathews, who attended Diggers in a former role as Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade State director, said it was “really disappointing”.

“We had a stand and a booth at Diggers & Dealers about 10 years ago and we were there with all these girls in their little gold bikinis handing out brochures and then this bell rang and out came the women’s mud-wrestling,” she said.

“It made me feel really uncomfortable. We ended up writing to them and withdrawing our sponsorship and saying we won’t be sponsoring you in the future if you have that sort of event.”

Diggers — Australia’s biggest mining conference — does not hire or promote skimpies at any of its official functions.

Skimpies are allowed at a handful of Kalgoorlie-Boulder hotels year-round. The pubs are popular networking spots and host events for some firms.

Diggers director John Langford said skimpies were not part of the conference but people could choose where to drink.

“What happens at the hotels in Kalgoorlie is totally out of our control,” he said. “We get a little bit tired that Diggers & Dealers gets associated with skimpies because it’s a world-class event.

“The suggestion that the culture of Diggers is degrading to women is insulting.”

Palace Hotel owner Ashok Parekh said skimpies were “a small part of the conference”.

“I just don’t think it’s a big deal,” he said.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa...diggers/#page1

And that will be the end of that!

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Veteran
    vCash
    replay for next year...

Love how he whinges about an event from 10 years ago.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    did he go up to the starting stalls?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    did he go up to the starting stalls?
    Bit too early. First meeting of this years Kalgoorlie Round is this Sunday.

vCash
    Someone genuinely wants to build a wave pool @ Alfred cove.

As if Perth doesn't have enough beaches to surf at.
    Morons...