Page 137 of 151 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 147 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2264

Thread: What Ruffles you Feathers (Mk II)

vCash
    To be frank, I don't think I'll care if they totally fuck it up and I don't get a membership this year. How can we expect the team to perform if the administration is this poor.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Both ours arrived same day a couple weeks back. All correct - unfortunarely. No upgrade.

Only stuff up was the missus' despatch e mail.
    Arrived a week after the packs. Mine was about 3 weeks before.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Maybe as this whole membership renewal has been such a debacle we will have more wins this year to make up for the cock ups?? No I haven't seen any pigs flying..

vCash
    Day's of watching USA Netflix seem numbered. Instead of $A15 a month (up to 4 screens/HD) for 8500 title library, why not pay up to four times that and subscribe to 3 or 4 different Aus providers to get a similar amount of content that the US Netflix Library has

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ble-under.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    Day's of watching USA Netflix seem numbered. Instead of $A15 a month (up to 4 screens/HD) for 8500 title library, why not pay up to four times that and subscribe to 3 or 4 different Aus providers to get a similar amount of content that the US Netflix Library has

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ble-under.html
    WOW! That there is some REALLY old news Sinbin.

Netflix Oz needs to kill Presto before they have any real chance of showing the US list (commercial agreements in Oz and what-not)

I subscribe to Netflix because they have the size to win the war.......however I might be on the wrong horse, Fox seem to have unlimited money to monopolize all the pay TV content in Australia.

C'mon the

vCash
    People have been dropping Foxtel in droves since streaming services became readily available in Australia.

I stil have it because of Sport and the fact that I follow multiple sports, but with digital passes being offered by the NRL and AFL these days its perfectly understandable for fans of only one sport to potentially give up Foxtel.

It's also an area that the ARU is miles behind the pack. I reckon a streaming service so that people can watch Super Rugby/Wallabies Tests and the NRC would be great. You need to be a Foxtel customer to access the NRC streaming at the moment don't you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    WOW! That there is some REALLY old news Sinbin.
    Netflix Oz needs to kill Presto before they have any real chance of showing the US list (commercial agreements in Oz and what-not)
    I subscribe to Netflix because they have the size to win the war.......however I might be on the wrong horse, Fox seem to have unlimited money to monopolize all the pay TV content in Australia.
    So you're calling an announcement made by the Netflix CEO last week old news...? This has been muted for a while yes, but an estimated 200-300k Australians have happily carried on using their tools to get around geo blocking. Here's an excerpt from the CEO last Thursday:

"Some members use proxies or “unblockers” to access titles available outside their territory. To address this, we employ the same or similar measures other firms do. This technology continues to evolve and we are evolving with it. That means in coming weeks, those using proxies and unblockers will only be able to access the service in the country where they currently are. We are confident this change won’t impact members not using proxies"

vCash
    I was calling the content disparity between oz and us Netflix old news.

Perhaps the ceo of Netflix is only now coming to grips with that fact, but any aussie subscriber has known about it since march.

I did not, however catch the bit about measures being enacted to fight geo-blocking. Not sure how they'll manage that effectively.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Both ours arrived same day a couple weeks back. All correct - unfortunarely. No upgrade.

Only stuff up was the missus' despatch e mail.
    Arrived a week after the packs. Mine was about 3 weeks before.
    Well so much for that being the only stuff-up. We got another 2 packs today. Is Basil Fawlty the new memberships manager?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post

It's also an area that the ARU is miles behind the pack. I reckon a streaming service so that people can watch Super Rugby/Wallabies Tests and the NRC would be great. You need to be a Foxtel customer to access the NRC streaming at the moment don't you?
    The problem is that Murdoch owns Super Rugby. Those dumbarse Mungos managed to extricate themselves from his clutches. But unfortunately Rugby doesn't have similar leverage.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Been demoted back to Gold, no Diamond bar for the Elf

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    ha ha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf1 View Post
    Hardly seems worth making the trip up for now hey? Or haven't you moved yet?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I was calling the content disparity between oz and us Netflix old news.
    Perhaps the ceo of Netflix is only now coming to grips with that fact, but any aussie subscriber has known about it since march.
    I did not, however catch the bit about measures being enacted to fight geo-blocking. Not sure how they'll manage that effectively.
    No, I was warning TWF members that have been using "US" Netflix (in my case for well over a year) not the Aus version, that Netflix reckon they've finally found a way to block overseas members.

Choice Australia have jumped on this. They've got a valid point here:

"Many Australian Netflix subscribers will be shocked to find that they’ll be downgraded from accessing U.S. Netflix to the much smaller Australian library – losing out on thousands of titles,’ Choice director of Campaigns and Communications Matt Levey said.

‘Up until now, Australians could shop internationally for content using a simple unblocking service and their Australian account to access Netflix international catalogues.’

‘The popularity of Netflix in Australia has a lot to do with its progressive approach to content that allowed consumers to access more of the latest release programs from around the world in a timely manner.’

Choice argued that the 340,000 Australian subscribers were ‘baited and switched’ by the U.S. streaming company.
    ‘Rather than putting barriers up, it’s time to recognise Internet as global. Regional copyright deals are as outdated as video cassettes. Ultimately, Australians should be able to pay for international services directly rather than be locked into sub-standard versions.’
    ‘As our Prime Minister has noted, it is not illegal for Australians to circumvent geo-blocks. People are going out of their way, often paying for a VPN service and a Netflix account, to legitimately watch the content they love.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Australia.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf1 View Post
    Me to Elf... Someone suggested keeping the original card..