Thread: Cleared agent chases Giteau for fees

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Lightbulb Cleared agent chases Giteau for fees

Cleared agent chases Giteau for fees

Rupert Guinness | August 16, 2008

The Rugby Union Players' Association has cleared the former manager of Wallabies Matt Giteau and Drew Mitchell over a complaint understood to involve alleged secret payments.

At the time of the complaint, RUPA chief executive Tony Dempsey would not elaborate on the complaint lodged by the players against agent Greg Keenan, other than to say that "it mentions an alleged breach of code of conduct" by which all RUPA-accredited player agents must abide. But the complaint was understood to include an allegation by the two players that Keenan had received a direct inducement from former Western Force sponsor Firepower to procure their move to Perth, and that he failed to disclose it to them. That payment was allegedly on top of any percentage fee he received as part of their agent-player agreements.

However, a RUPA investigation has finally dismissed the complaint.

While happy for the verdict, Keenan said that he was still intent on pursuing Giteau and Mitchell for management fees he says they owe his company.

"I was extremely disappointed when this complaint was made. I always maintained the real issue was the substantial management fees owed by both players to my company," he said.

Keenan learned of the RUPA's verdict in an emailed letter to him dated July 29, which he forwarded to the Herald.

The letter reads: "In relation to the complaint lodged by Matt Giteau and Drew Mitchell, the RUPA Agent Accreditation Board has met on numerous occasions to discuss the issues raised, and can confirm that the complaint is now dismissed and the matter declared closed."

http://www.rugbyheaven.com.au/news/n...307232457.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    You have got to be kidding me!
    I can't believe that he has the gall to chase them for 'owing' fees! I highly doubt they are the type of people to make something like this up, and for their complaint to be dismissed

Keenan learned of the RUPA's verdict in an emailed letter to him dated July 29, which he forwarded to the Herald.
    That has suss written all over, if thats not an effort to earn himself some cash and make himself look the innocent victim in all of this...i dont know what is!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    While happy for the verdict, Keenan said that he was still intent on pursuing Giteau and Mitchell for management fees he says they owe his company.
    this bloke is delirious. more like Gits and Mitchell are owed $$.

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    Dodgy dodgy dodgy - hope none of the rest of the lads are with him - so is Greg going to sue them for the fees or just defame them - sounds like both Drew and Gitts will be screwed for some legal fees either way - the don't need this - SMH will get far to much mileage out of this - especially with the magic pill poppers involved

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Keenan had received a direct inducement from former Western Force sponsor Firepower to procure their move to Perth
    Nice one! Take that SMH! They moved to Force by their own choice because they simply wanted to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Nice one! Take that SMH! They moved to Force by their own choice because they simply wanted to.
    and do you think that would stop a nice person like Keenan taking money to help it happen - might have charged FP a bit of money for taxis or whatever

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby