Thread: Talkback Radio

vCash

Talkback Radio

Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    The really unfortunate part is that nobody in the media seems to be finding the points we bring up. Even when we send them marked in highlighter.

Makes you wonder about Jargan's conspiracy theory doesn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    Think I'll ring Sports Central tonight.
    Well I didn't manage to ring on Tuesday night- had to go out. But I did manage to get a live interview last night with Karl Langdon & Glen Jakovich when they did the show live from the Carbon Sports Bar. Was introduced as "shasta from thewholeforce dot com" and managed to make most of our points OK, I think.

Unfortunately neither Mrs shasta nor myself managed to win the car they were giving away which was the initial purpose for being there.

I reckon we should continue ringing, texting or emailing these talk back shows. Carpenter's poorly resourced Commonwealth Games bid makes stadia a hot topic right now so I've compiled a little list of contacts.

ABC Perth:

Studio talkback: 1300 222 720
    SMS contact programs on air: 199 22 720

Drive - Russell Woolf (afternoons)
    720drive@your.abc.net.au <720drive@your.abc.net.au>

Mornings - Geoff Hutchinson
    wamornings@your.abc.net.au <wamornings@your.abc.net.au>

880 6PR

Talkback Number: (08) 9221 1882
    SMS: 19 999 677

Mornings - Simon Beaumont
    simonb@6pr.com.au

Early Afternoons - Bob Maumill - has been named as the reason the Premier of Western Australia Alan Carpenter will not appear on radio 6PR.
    Bob's response - “Good, he is too thick to sensibly answer questions anyway. Our listeners are a lot smarter than Carpenter.”
    bob@6pr.com.au

Afternoons - Howard Sattler
    howards@6pr.com.au

Sports:
    Karl Langdon
    Karl<sport@6pr.com.au>
    Adrian Barich
    Barra<sport@6pr.com.au>
    Others
    sport@6pr.com.au

Get to it people!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by shasta; 07-08-08 at 10:57.
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    champion effort as always Shasta. I agree get to it people, i will be sending some emails today me thinks
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Great Effort Shasta!

I endorse this product or service

vCash
    Howard Sattler is a self-confessed rugby tragic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KenyaQuin View Post
    Howard Sattler is a self-confessed rugby tragic.
    He should be pretty receptive to your phone call then.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    The thing with talk back radio that will either make us or break us is that we need to:
    * spread the love over all of the timeslots/DJ's, and
    * we need to have callers from all age groups/backgrounds and both males and females.
    * the callers need to be singing from the same songbook; good stadium for blockbuster events, bad for day-in/day out matches of Super14, A-League, Rugby League, Reconfiguration will damage turf, a chance of injury to AFL Footballers on the wings.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    * the callers need to be singing from the same songbook; good stadium for blockbuster events, bad for day-in/day out matches of Super14, A-League, Rugby League, Reconfiguration will damage turf, a chance of injury to AFL Footballers on the wings.
    Beat me to it mate!

I agree we need to sound VERY united when we talk this issue. I suggest we take it right down to the words we use. remember to sprinkle the "mantra" through everything you say id you get on the radio. Words we use a lot include but aren't limited to
    Dedicated rectangular stadium, We the fans, 1.1 billion dollar stadium, good of the sports fans of WA and such like.

I'll hunt down and post the text of my speech which the media ignored at handover so you can get a clear and succinct statement of the issue.

C'mon the

vCash
    Here we go
    Quote Originally Posted by me (with help from others)
    All followers of open field sports in Western Australia are agreed that there is a pressing need to improve the standard of major stadia in this state. To this end, the proposed Perth Stadium will be a marked improvement on current facilities for AFL and other major events such as international matches and exhibitions, which the proposed operable seating is designed to accommodate. However, history has shown that sharing a stadium for sports as disparate as Australian Rules, Association Football, Rugby League and Rugby Union is fraught with issues, from both administrative and surface quality viewpoints.

Following on from the release of the Major Stadia Taskforce Report and announcement of the new multi-purpose stadium, we have spent the last six months in consultation with the public of Western Australia and spectators echo our concerns.
    The regular conversion of a stadium from oval to rectangular configuration is certain to cause damage to the playing surface when the stands are moved every week.
    Furthermore, by the time the stadium is completed, Western Australian teams may wish to utilise this facility for 2 AFL teams, 1 Super 14 Rugby team competing in an expanded competition and possibly a National Rugby League team, thus requiring approximately 22 home games in oval configuration and up to 26 home games in rectangular configuration in addition to international matches for Cricket, Rugby Union, Rugby League and Association Football. Managing the various demands of the respective sporting bodies will be a mammoth undertaking, and one that we believe will be ultimately be resolved in favour of one tenant to the detriment of all others.

We see evidence of this in the management of Telstra Dome in Melbourne. Telstra Dome is one of the stadia studied by the Major Stadia Taskforce and the design of Perth Stadium draws on lessons learned by studying this stadium. In this exemplar stadium, which contains operable seating the Australian Rugby Union team played Ireland earlier this year, on the evening before an AFL match between Richmond and Melbourne. A match as important as a test match between the fourth and eighth ranked teams in the world would surely have warranted configuring the stadium as a rectangle. Unfortunately, in this instance Telstra Dome remained in it's oval configuration, and fans were forced to view the action from a less than optimal position.

8832 Western Australian citizens agree with us that the only sensible solution when faced with these issues is to provide a dedicated rectangular stadium for the benefit of the people of Western Australia. To this end we ask that the Western Australian Government uphold their commitment of September 2005 and provide 25 Million dollars to fund the upgrade of Members Equity Stadium to a suitable capacity and standard for the needs of all rectangular field sports.

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    How about a email to the leaders asking for their stance on this for the election and tell them it will be posted on the web site...then we hit all the individual candidates with the same??

vCash
    I'm thinking about mashing up something from the speech, media release etc, that can make up a mailout to candidates and media organisations.. should have something formulated by chat so we can look at the appropriate distribution then.

vCash
    Bump